Legendary/Ascended Wpn = waste of time/money

in Engineer

Posted by: SkepticalGamer.8621

SkepticalGamer.8621

Forget about going for any Legendary or Ascended weapons. The last hotfix shows that there will be no viable reason for Engineers to spend the large amount of time or resources to obtain these items.

Aesthetic reasons are out of the picture simply due to the fact that any effects kits will remove any animation or effects. More importantly there is no reason to get it for the stat increase. After the patch you would have actually seen an increase in power while using a kit and having a weapon of ascended stats equipped. After the hotfix that increase in power had been brought down to the level of an exotic.

If Arenanet wants to exclude an entire profession from the new weapon tier system then I guess just deal with it. Don’t bother wasting your time and money.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

I’m sick of feeling left out

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: woeye.2753

woeye.2753

ANet’s balance leaves a lot to be desired. One year later and we still have the kings of DPS and … the rest. And engis even don’t get access to a 5% boost on their kits. Is it our fault that ANet forces us to use kits for max damage (which is still laughable compared to warriors)? Then if we must use kits why don’t they scale?

in Engineer

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Ok… what did I miss about the patch with respect to kits/weapons?

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kuess.1842

Kuess.1842

Well I love my Quip PewPewPew, now it has berseker stats Im using it a bit more. I only wished we had the purple color etc when equipping a kit :S

in Engineer

Posted by: Metallus.7690

Metallus.7690

The 5% increased weapon damage that you get from ascended weapons doesn’t apply to kits. Kits will infact act as if you were wielding an exotic weapon. The only things that change are that +4 power/prec that come with the increased stats, nothing that significat to justify spending a boat of money on it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

The 5% increased weapon damage that you get from ascended weapons doesn’t apply to kits. Kits will infact act as if you were wielding an exotic weapon. The only things that change are that +4 power/prec that come with the increased stats, nothing that significat to justify spending a boat of money on it.

I lose 300 (10% power) power point and some toughtness too equipping a kit.
I’m still using an exotic,not even an ascendent.
My crit chance/crit dmg/healing power/ remains the same in both weapons set : zerker rifle and zerker pistol/shield.

@Kuess : do you also play with a pistol on a power set?
Glad i’m not the only one.
Can i know what build do you use?
With pistol/shield power/crit dmg set ,i still have troubles when it comes to kill some one.But i’m tired of play a condition dmg set.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

in Engineer

Posted by: Ihana.6143

Ihana.6143

I was so thrilled when I heard about new ascended weapons and changes for the legendary weapons. I had already Quip, but I wanted the rifle too. I panicked and bought the precursor and luckily it was a holiday week for me, so I wasted all my time to farm gold and materials for my next legendary. I got my Predator last weekend and I felt that I have accomplished something. I was ready for the patch!

The patch came and in the same night I started to work my weaponsmithing so that I can craft my celestial shield (which could look amazing with my Quip).

Next day I saw the hotfix.

Now I have postpatch depression and I’m seeking comfort and company. You can find me crying in LA somewhere near the bank.

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Cant seem to find the patch fix notes online, would someone post the hotfix notes.

Or was it stealth?

in Engineer

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

in Engineer

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

Arenanet despises Engineers.

Maybe if people stopped defending our current state and started asking for buffs and bug fixes, we would start getting them.

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Maybe if people stopped defending our current state and started asking for buffs and bug fixes, we would start getting them.

What is extra interesting/frustrating is that in a recent interview Colin said that his main is an Engineer. If that is the case, how can he not be aware of or acknowledge the glaring issues with the class? Most of us aren’t looking for buffs, TBQH, we just want the class brought into line with the other classes with regard to bug fixes & balance.

The gimmicks that define the class are cool and what attracted me to it out the gate a year ago, but at times, it feels like due diligence was not executed to ensure these gimmicks were up to par with their counterparts.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Can’t believe we still haven’t gotten a red response on this yet

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Can’t believe we still haven’t gotten a red response on this yet

Really? You really cant believe it? Are you absolutely sure?

in Engineer

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

The fact that Engineer Kits don’t scale to ascended damage is just not a sign of ANet hating Engineers, but rather ANet being complete imbeciles when it comes to forcing players to continue to play their game through grindy, time-gated content that barely rewards the player for his or her efforts.

If Ascended is so absolutely terrible to get that kits, banners and ele conjures don’t deserve to have that status (because they would “escape the grind”), but still don’t even grant that great of a stat bonus when compared to Exotic tier items, they shouldn’t BE IN THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE.

ANET. WHY DO YOU WANT TO KILL YOUR GAME?? YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING ANYMORE.

in Engineer

Posted by: sonja.4810

sonja.4810

I’m just praying that they will up the damage of the kits/conjured weapons in a later patch. I understand not wanting a entire class to get a free damage increase, but I am sad that even if we have a legendary or ascended weapon they will not scale.

in Engineer

Posted by: lightsheep.8673

lightsheep.8673

Really would be nice to get an answer from the devs about all of these engineer “end game” issues. How about a developer comment for the engineer forum?

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

What is extra interesting/frustrating is that in a recent interview Colin said that his main is an Engineer. If that is the case, how can he not be aware of or acknowledge the glaring issues with the class? Most of us aren’t looking for buffs, TBQH, we just want the class brought into line with the other classes with regard to bug fixes & balance.

The gimmicks that define the class are cool and what attracted me to it out the gate a year ago, but at times, it feels like due diligence was not executed to ensure these gimmicks were up to par with their counterparts.

There is a whole thread for this crap post it there please.

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

http://imgur.com/Jt67sNm

oh well, didnt cost me a thing :p

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos