Less Kits: Power or Condi?

in Engineer

Posted by: FairyNuff.3452

FairyNuff.3452

In general which damage build uses kits the least?

This is because in general I’ll take 1 kit at most because I don’t enjoy just swapping between them.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Your answer will differ depending on the game mode, saying in general doesnt help. Also least kits is a matter of definition. Some would probably consider 2 kits to be the least you want. I could run power and condi engie with no kits. I used to run all gyros before final salvo was nerfed to the ground. I’ve done it in both WvW and sPvP and at least I can roflstomp players on my own skill level (even after nerf). That said I generally choose to run with the toolkit because it offer extra utility.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

If you want a summary of how much kits we use in the current meta:

Pve:

Condi: 4 Kits

Power: 3 Kits (But you pretty much sit all the time in one, and you make use of the rest only in specific situations., wich means you can toss one or two kits if you so desire it.)

PvP

Condi: 2 Kits (you can reduce it to one though)

Power: 1 Kit

WvW

Frontline: 1 kit

Roaming: Random, we dont have a stablished roamer build, so the amount of kits could be any amount.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Pistols will be the best choice if you go kitless/1 kit because the condition damage it quite good in PvE.

in Engineer

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

Power Engineer only requires Bomb Kit and it only even uses the Auto-attack from it as well… everything else past that for Power Engineer is situational, so you’re basically free to pick whatever for your other skills…

Condi Engineer can potentially do half-decent damage kitless due to Off-hand pistol’s [ 4 ] skill, but to actually be efficient in anything but openworld they require a kit or two…

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

(edited by Panda.1967)

in Engineer

FairyNuff.3452

Thanks all!

So more info I’ve been trying out Pistol/Shield in PVE but it sounds like to make up for the loss of pistol 4 I’d need lots of kits, which is a shame as Pistol, and shield looks pretty cool.

in Engineer

Panda.1967

Thanks all!

So more info I’ve been trying out Pistol/Shield in PVE but it sounds like to make up for the loss of pistol 4 I’d need lots of kits, which is a shame as Pistol, and shield looks pretty cool.

Shield looks cool and is pretty fun to use… but it’s so underpowered that it’s just not worth the effort… If they would swap Pistol 3 & 4 around then Shield would actually be viable though…

in Engineer

FairyNuff.3452

Thanks all!

Shield looks cool and is pretty fun to use… but it’s so underpowered that it’s just not worth the effort… If they would swap Pistol 3 & 4 around then Shield would actually be viable though…

I mean when I used it I did enjoy myself, reflecting enemy projectiles and dazing were super useful.

With condi builds, are you meant to just swap in and out of every kit and use the attacks that add conditions, or would you only use ones like elixir gun?

in Engineer

Panda.1967

Thanks all!

I mean when I used it I did enjoy myself, reflecting enemy projectiles and dazing were super useful.

With condi builds, are you meant to just swap in and out of every kit and use the attacks that add conditions, or would you only use ones like elixir gun?

From what i understand, you are supposed to swap around through eveery kit on condi… but its just as effective to pick a single kit, like elixir gun, and stay in it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Reliquary.8952

Reliquary.8952

Looks like OP checked out, but I’ve been running this pistol/shield build for world-roam. Less damage than kits, but by no means feels underwhelming.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqOlUUhaqYtVg1LWuLqxt4ETCwGMCDgwaKg2MA-TpgWAB6WGAg9HAA + zerkers gear and toolkit for last slot.

in Engineer

FairyNuff.3452

Checked out?? I posted about 8 hours ago!

Also this is pretty close to my current Pistol & Shield build. Nothing ascended as I haven’t got anything like that:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqelcTh2tYtWw6KQ+FLsFlYHFjPRYNcRvG4HeiBAA-TxRAQBD4EAkQ1fumyPA8AAmmSQoZ+7F7PAA-e

Also my rough rifle power build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlcTh2tYlVw8KQ+FLsFlYHFjPBYIuBBQYKeRvGA-TBCBABJY+DH1fGc/hU0BUxkittenHAgRK/kQJIA-e

in Engineer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

This is because in general I’ll take 1 kit at most because I don’t enjoy just swapping between them.

I would say power, you can go fully kitless gyro / elixir frontline, tough as nails build. I have ran it for quite a bit, its very effective and not a single kit in it. Reminds me of playing a warrior back in the GWEN days, but with far more tricks to it.

For condi you kinda need at least 1 kit, often 2.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I agree mix and match works well I generally have 1 kit for whatever build I’m using.

PVE all the time

utilities I use together are:

Thumper, Grenade, Missile, Mortar for my explosive build sometimes I replace thumper with rocket boots

Rifle, Missile, Tools, Mortar for all ranged use this for Teq makes it easier to sustain

Rocket boots, Thumper, Elixir Gun, Mortar lotsa blasts and heal zones from this combo for healer. (yes you can support like crazy on the engi with blast and water fields, rocket boots produce 2 blasts for smaller characters)

As for power or condi, they really have to fix the class more for power.
Power really isn’t a good setup right now for engi. It’s still stuck for the most part with condi.

They need to fix explosives so they actually do more damage for power, and they have to fix gadgets so they actually produce boons again when used or cause extra effects when used, that trait was taken away for whatever reason and it makes the class weaker. Power is usually combined with condi on the engi because without condi engi really doesn’t do the damage it should.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)