Let's face it.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Let’s face it.
Engineers are just not finished.
There are so much things that need adjustmend, that need bug fixes, our dps sucks (don’t come with “If you buy 6 specific uterly expensive sigils, these and those traits, and use this and that pebble you can do dps!”. I do not want to be specific dps, just with some simple changes a thief can do 10 times more dps then an engineer can.),
Aerodynamic grenades, just 3 weapon sets, why do we have 4 stun breakers?, broken trait system, bugged weapon skills, and more!

I dare to say engineers are the least played class, and many people refer to it as “the broken class”

I know all of the above points are stil argued about, but only the argue is a sign Arenanet has some work to do.

What is your point of view?

Sorry if I made mistakes on my english.

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

I think that engineers are finished, they’re just built around combo fields and combo finishers. There are bugs, but I don’t think we can complain when Necro’s Jagged Horrors can be killed in PvP to rally enemies. Jagged Horrors are a 5 point traited skill

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyvius.1679

Xyvius.1679

Engineers and Necros (followed by Rangers) are in the worst positions right now. I think we can expect to see some positive changes to all these classes soon.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sundial.9015

Sundial.9015

Engineers, Necros, Eles, and Rangers all got the short stick.

Sundial, Necromancer – Aurora Catulus, Engineer – Kaine Illuma, Elementalist
WvW Captain – Horde of Miscreations, Borlis Pass Alliance

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

Eles are quite fine. No idea why people think they are weak or bad.

They just happen to suffer from a huge hybrid tax. Well, the hybrid tax pays for your versatility so, I don’t get eles who want to be uber max damage, and then pretend they don’t have earth attunement, and just ignore their water attunement.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

When over 50% of the post you make are claiming how something different is under powered it becomes hard to take anything you say seriously. If your listing every other class as under powered, then clearly thy are well balanced together.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jarl.8607

Jarl.8607

If engineers got the short end of the stick, I feel like some of us are going to be utterly ridiculous once the fixes start coming in.

Unfinished on the other hand , I can agree with.

Engineer – lvl 80 – Tarnished Coast

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: gkaare.8576

gkaare.8576

Engineer actually is the least played class according to information posted by Arenanet a month or so ago (Mesmers have gained huge popularity since then). But the class is definitely not weak.

Engineer is one of the hardest classes to play well. However, to say that we’re one of the worst classes is just wrong. We may not be as strong as Thief, Guardian, or Mesmer but I think we’re in one of the best spots. We’re very viable in PvE, WvW, and tPvP; what more could you ask for?

What class doesn’t have a lot of bugs and broken aspects right now? Once Engineers are a bit more tuned and bugs are fixed, I would bet that we’re going to see some nerfs.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

Engineer actually is the least played class according to information posted by Arenanet a month or so ago (Mesmers have gained huge popularity since then). But the class is definitely not weak.

Engineer is one of the hardest classes to play well. However, to say that we’re one of the worst classes is just wrong. We may not be as strong as Thief, Guardian, or Mesmer but I think we’re in one of the best spots. We’re very viable in PvE, WvW, and tPvP; what more could you ask for?

What class doesn’t have a lot of bugs and broken aspects right now? Once Engineers are a bit more tuned and bugs are fixed, I would bet that we’re going to see some nerfs.

I don’t think they are hard to play. I think they are simply ‘odd’ as they don’t have a lot that other professions are given.

Like, most professions get their full profession mechanic at level 7. The engineer gets his fully, at level 20.

Most professions have weapon swapping, and the benefits its gives. The engineer doesn’t.

So, what is unorthodox, is seen as complex and difficult.

In reality, the top end builds like grenades, elixirs and so on aren’t hard at all to play.

I believe that people are just turned off from the engineer because they are so weird, not because they are hard. A lot of classes I see as being much harder. Necro is much harder, with a worse balance situation yet supposedly are more popular.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

for bugs and issues i would say Necro are at the top, most of our class trait line is a complete mess with SO many useless/broken traits. I have a Ele, Mesmer, Necro and just started a Engineer – So far though it feels quite strong – got Dual Pistols with Flamethrower and grenades at the moment (lvl11)

It does feel quite a bit stronger then all the other classes at this lvl. Fun wise i think it would be:

necro (Condition), Mesmer (Phantom), Ele (random) and i think Engineer will over take Mesmer as i have been enjoying it quite a lot so far and its how much fun that i have that means most to me, being an OP class like thief just doesnt interest me

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I dunno really. Was reading forums about all classes and EVERY single class has people who say that their class is so unfinished and underpowered, while others are OP. I don’t even know whom to believe now.
Personally, I feel engi is ok with his really cool versatility. Just needs the bugs fixed.

EU Aurora Glade

Let's face it.

in Engineer

coglin.1496

I dunno really. Was reading forums about all classes and EVERY single class has people who say that their class is so unfinished and underpowered, while others are OP. I don’t even know whom to believe now.
Personally, I feel engi is ok with his really cool versatility. Just needs the bugs fixed.

This.

Every sub-forum has threads claiming they are under powered. When I see it on warrior forums thought, it makes me laugh.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

This class isn’t under powered it is just in need of some serious polish.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Love the posts people are placing in here that eles rangers are unfinished. REALLY no… they are fine.

Let me give you two examples of how i know something needs to be done about the engineer class. ground targeting is a pain for every grenade skill, it’s just unecessarily hard to target anything effectively. and have you ever tried to destroy a simple object like a turret or a wooden barrel with a flamethrower kit? try it. You’ll see the miss fest I’m talking about.

Bottom line is there are things missing things that are redundant and things that need addressing. I sure hope they are listening to us. Would love to see some changes notably to how grenade targeting works on land and on how flamethrowers #1 ability affects surrounding target hitboxes.

Oh and don’t get me wrong the damage I think is fine, it’s just it needs polish.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Let's face it.

in Engineer

tigirius.9014

Nerfs are the last thing Engineers need. Even the flamethrower doesn’t do that much damage with power prec cond and specced for extra burn.

They have some targeting issues but nothing needs nerfing.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Ferum Flamebender.5910

This.

Every sub-forum has threads claiming they are under powered. When I see it on warrior forums thought, it makes me laugh.

I do not see those threads on the thieves, mesmer and elementalist ( the other proffesions I play, I can’t state for the other proffesions) forums as much as I see them here.
Almost every day a new thread appears about something is broken or needs a fix, todays one: stupid turret AI.

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: MikeT.9428

MikeT.9428

I think the necro still has us beat for problems. I leveled a necro to 80 before the engi and bleeds are all they have and their traits are all jacked up. Engineer isn’t a thief or warrior for DPS but they are very versatile unlike the necro. Even the necro isn’t really “bad” they just don’t have the options of the engineer. CC with the rifle, condi with the pistols, defense with the shield not to mention kits, gadgets, and elixirs…

There’s always room for improvement but we are far from the class that needs the most help.

Jade Quarry
Never underestimate an engineer with a wrench
Exploding illusions FTW

(edited by MikeT.9428)

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Siofra Crumble.2098

Siofra Crumble.2098

If you truly feel the engineer is utterly broken, then perhaps the class is just not for you.
I truly mean no offence by saying this but trust me, you should really check out some other classes if you are annoyed with engi or having troubles with it in general.

All we need are minor traitfixes and getting the stats with the kits sorted out.
The stationary (and lifeless) target damage problem is a bug for every class, not just the engineer.

And no, we don’t need an auto-attack for the nade kit or a “sniper kit”.
The amounts of threads for these things are getting out of hand.
Please, stop asking.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: PotatoOverdose.6583

PotatoOverdose.6583

Honestly, if you want solid advice/commentary on the status of engineers, go to the spvp subforum.

You’ll be laughed out of their in seconds for suggesting engineers are bad.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Daredent.2961

Daredent.2961

Let's face it.

in Engineer

gkaare.8576

Lyuben.2613

I don’t think they are hard to play. I think they are simply ‘odd’ as they don’t have a lot that other professions are given.

Like, most professions get their full profession mechanic at level 7. The engineer gets his fully, at level 20.

Most professions have weapon swapping, and the benefits its gives. The engineer doesn’t.

So, what is unorthodox, is seen as complex and difficult.

In reality, the top end builds like grenades, elixirs and so on aren’t hard at all to play.

I believe that people are just turned off from the engineer because they are so weird, not because they are hard. A lot of classes I see as being much harder. Necro is much harder, with a worse balance situation yet supposedly are more popular.

I think we agree on why the class is viewed as difficult to play; it’s just so different.

I should clarify 2 things. Firstly, I don’t think Engineers are difficult to play, but that they’re more difficult to play than other classes. Different is difficult when you’re trying to grasp something new.

Secondly, I’m speaking from the perspective of s/tPvP. So we might be talking about different things. That said, Elixirs and Grenades are not central in any top end builds. They are definitely the most simple to use and that is why I don’t use them; they don’t provide flexibility.

tigirius.9014

Nerfs are the last thing Engineers need. Even the flamethrower doesn’t do that much damage with power prec cond and specced for extra burn.

They have some targeting issues but nothing needs nerfing.

I didn’t say Engineers need nerfs at all. I’m trying to say that Engineers are strong and we’re not worse off than almost every other profession. We need bug fixes more than buffs.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

Sure we need a fix here and there but I think there is level of skill needed to play an engineer well.

For example I have been leveling a thief and there are time I just suck at it. it is not my type of play style. That does not mean the thief is broken. The eng is more my style. Switching out kits, maximizing our combo fields and just having the right tool for the job is what I love about this class.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

That thread is nonsense akin to “I can’t hit a turtle with an arrow because the turtle moves so it will never be there where the arrow is.”

He basically thinks that one grenade does as much damage as any other weapon, and then assumes that 3 grenades then do 3 times as much. Which is stupid on so many levels, it’s not even funny.

That said, engineers are not bad, are not particularly bugged, are fun to play and useful in every part of the game. Engineer are in a good state overall.

Many people may call us “broken class”, but those people are bad. Factually, there is no evidence for a “engineers are broken” claim. The engineers that rock in every part of the game prove this every day.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

tigirius.9014

Zef there is a reason why it’s the lowest played class. Because there are problems. Sure some other classes have that miss thing with the objects but not like this. There are about ten ticks of damage from one use of flamethrower, they shouldn’t ALL miss when something moves a little to the left or better yet, doesn’t move AT ALL and it still reads as a miss. Secondly, I don’t care what other classes are doing Siofra, the fact of the matter is this, the grenades need some work. They were working fine before they nerfed them before launch as far as explosion radius is concerned but targeting this way for EVERY attack is just wrong. No other class has to do it this way and it shouldn’t be like that for every grenade. Sure the poison cloud grenades should be an AOE target but not every grenade and certainly no the #1 ability in that kit. And no sniper kit or tab targeting for the grenade kit isn’t too much to ask for. We won’t stop asking, that’s what these forums are for.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

I would say engineers are not bad, and that certain builds work in certain places. I also agree that we do have a fairly limited selection of builds built around a handful of traits / kits / elixirs.

But anyone who says engineers are not buggy, had best go take a look at our bug thread, because we’ve got so many bugs on traits, and skills its a bit silly at times.

We can use a bit of love. Namely bug fixes. Then once we get idea of how everything works when we can actually use all of our traits and skills, then we can think about tweaks, but they are really just tweaks in 99% of cases. A percent here, a cool down there, a change to the tool tip so it accurately reflects what the skill does.

While some full redesigns on stuff would be nice, and I have my pet things I want. They are not needed really, and will probably appear as future skill expansions hopefully.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

coglin.1496

Zef there is a reason why it’s the lowest played class. Because there are problems.

I would like to see a sliver of evidence to support your claim to know and understand why the general population plays engineers the least. Because the majority of what I read about it on the forums is because they do not like the concept of the idea. Point being, I believe you are making a unsupported assumption, and attempting to state it as fact.

in all fairness, I have no contradicting facts, but the vast majority of what is posted that I read, contradicts your blunt statement.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

gkaare.8576

There is kind of some evidence to support his claim. This image was posted by ArenaNet (I can’t find it on their site anymore). Engineer and Mesmer are tied at the very bottom of classes played. I think it’s fair to assume that Mesmers are not the least played class anymore considering how popular they are in PvP.

It’s been about 6 weeks since that data was posted so I’m not saying he’s right or wrong. I’m just pointing out where, I think, he is basing his claim. So much has changed since the information was posted and all sorts of things could have affected the stats now.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

coglin.1496

No one is arguing that engineer is the least played profession. What I question, is his broad statement that it is the least played because there are problems.

I say that because everything I read, indicates that it is because most dislike the concept and idea behind it, while play style also effects the discussion.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kryptorchid.7620

Kryptorchid.7620

I think what makes the Engineer feel underpowered by many/feel hard to play is this:

Simply, the Engineer is the most convoluted class in the game. Sure, there are some things the Engineer can excel at, but it still requires a very convoluted process to execute.

Example: every single blast finisher, save for two, requires 2 or 3 key presses to use or has a 3 second delay.

(edited by Kryptorchid.7620)

Let's face it.

in Engineer

coglin.1496

that is an extremely broad statements. In what way are they convoluted?

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Kryptorchid.7620

@coglin:

This is what I mean by convoluted:

List of Engineeer’s Blast Finishers:
Bomb TB — 3 second delay, field must remain active
All turret detonate — 2 Key presses (deploy, detonate)
supply crate — 1 second delay
thumper TB — Correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t this a reticle skill? (i.e. 2 key presses)
rocket boots — On Demand use (instant), but launches you and knocks you down.
Shield #4 — 2 key presses
Mine gadget — 3 key presses

List of Guardian Blast Finishers:
Judgment — 2 key presses
Mighty Blow — 1 key press
Shield of Wrath — 1 key press

Engineer’s Leap Finisher, requires 2 key presses
Theif’s/Guardian’s/Warrior’s Leap Finishers all require just a single key press.

Just an example how a lot of the Engineer’s mechanics are convoluted and more tedious than other classes.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

coglin.1496

I think your use of the term “convoluted” is a bit misleading here, and I think I understand the point you are trying to make. I have to disagree with it though. So what if I have to hit 2 key strokes? or hit a key twice for a secondary function on a skill? Engineers use those skills all day for their general and original purpose of said skill. The only difference in using that skill in a fields, is to do the exact same thing we do all day to execute the skill, only we direct it through a field. That doesn’t actually make it more tedious. At least not in my opinion. I think it is your perception that makes it appear tedious.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Ferum Flamebender.5910

I think your use of the term “convoluted” is a bit misleading here, and I think I understand the point you are trying to make. I have to disagree with it though. So what if I have to hit 2 key strokes? or hit a key twice for a secondary function on a skill? Engineers use those skills all day for their general and original purpose of said skill. The only difference in using that skill in a fields, is to do the exact same thing we do all day to execute the skill, only we direct it through a field. That doesn’t actually make it more tedious. At least not in my opinion. I think it is your perception that makes it appear tedious.

I must disagree. I think the engineer is a hard to play class, my friens (warrior,guardian, thief) found it hard to chose how to play. A warrior is picking what weapon does most damage, but as an engineer we do not have that insight. We can’t do simple maths on how much we can spike. We have ro make a carefull balance between critical hitsn just regular dps, conditions and a whole lot of other stuff.

I must say i agree, we really need to take detours for combo fields, and other stuff but those detourd can work in our advantage! There are similair traits who give swiftness andother boons for switching kist.

Perhaps my statment “engineers aren’t finished” was a little harsh, but I still think this class can do so much more when everything is fixed. We have such potentien!

Let's face it.

in Engineer

coglin.1496

Perhaps my statment “engineers aren’t finished” was a little harsh, but I still think this class can do so much more when everything is fixed. We have such potentien!

Absolutely. Once professions get a little balancing attention and the crack down on bug fixes per profession, conversations of this nature will be different, entirely.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

tigirius.9014

some problems I’ve noticed with engineer that make it more difficult and simultaneously inconsistent with the similar abilities of other professions that have the same purpose.

1: flamethrower kit, smoke vent, only blinds 1 time even though it takes just as long graphically (and if it were real physically) as the thief dagger/pistol ability called black powder. Both are mechanics to prevent enemies from hitting you for a short time because you are in melee range. It is inconsistent on the engineer. Both are scout professions they use the same armor and if I’m not mistaken the engineer loses his improved toughness shield trait when he equips a kit.

2: Elixir gun, Fumigate, inflicts poison on enemies, does not stack, and does a very minimal amount of damage per tick even in all pow/prec/cond exotic gear. Neither it nor the damage caused by the poison grenades are in any way consistent with the AOE poison Mark that the equivalently equipped Necro uses, it’s very noticeable. It’s well known that if this were a RL situation, chemical warfare would be far more deadly than this. Both the engineer poison attacks listed here do not do a relatively normal amount of damage initially.

3: Grenade kit/ poison grenade Does hardly any initial damage when compared to the staff abilities of a similarly equipped necromancer.

Now don’t misunderstand I enjoy what the class does and it’s abilities, I love this game and how they designed it and I like playing it, but this post is simply to point out just some of the problems to support my statement as to why Engineer is not played that often. Because of inconsistent abilities and because of things that would normally be common sense realities concerning the weapons involved.

I only post anything to the forums because I care about the game and people’s enjoyment of the game and I only post requests and the problems I while playing the game as a means to improve upon what they’ve already got going here. And before someone comes in and says , well those are different professions, let me just say, the mechanics for combat are relatively the same across the board, every class has condition removal/stun removal/AOEs/CC they were meant to be unique only in the name of the ability and the type of weapons used to accomplish their attacks.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: PotatoOverdose.6583

PotatoOverdose.6583

I honestly doubt we’re the least played profession.
1) Look at tournaments and spvp. Engineers are much more popular than say Rangers. Seriously, how often do you see a high end team bring rangers to a tourney? It just does not happen.
2) Judging from my pve and wvw experience, we’re easily more popular than necros.

Just saying, the statement that we’re the least played class is probably wrong. I would say we’re in the top half of classes in tpvp, but I have no evidence to back that up. Just like every other popularity claim in this thread.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

This.

I do not see those threads on the thieves, mesmer and elementalist ( the other proffesions I play, I can’t state for the other proffesions) forums as much as I see them here.
Almost every day a new thread appears about something is broken or needs a fix, todays one: stupid turret AI.

You… you don’t see threads about Elementalists being broken? So you don’t visit the Elementalist forum, I take it?

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

tigirius.9014

PotatoOverdose.6583
I honestly doubt we’re the least played profession.

The statement that engineers are the least played class are based on empirical data provided by Anet themselves. My post was to illustrate possible reasons why.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Kryptorchid.7620

My point really wasn’t about taking advantage of combos; I was more trying to point out how many more key presses we have to make to use our abilities. <— This is what I am alluding to when I use the term “convoluted.”

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Torrent.7380

Torrent.7380

The engi gets access to the class mechanic at lvl 5 when you get your first utility slot, the only thing you get at 20 is the elite skill which doesnt have a toolbelt ability associated with it.

1: flamethrower kit, smoke vent…they use the same armor and if I’m not mistaken the engineer loses his improved toughness shield trait when he equips a kit.

juggernaut 200 toughness and engi has much higher base HP than Thief. (scratching head)

how many complaining have actually played said engineer?

it IS the least played class overall, it is NOT the most conveluded class. Get your engi to 80 then roll a mesmer.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shikron.1243

Shikron.1243

The only thing that feels wrong when playing on my engineer, is the grenade kit.

If the kit worked similarly to its underwater version, or at least the #1 ability, it would just feel so much smoother to play.

Even if they had to scale down the explosion size or damage a little bit, it would be a welcome change imo.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Raideen.5973

Raideen.5973

All I know is that regardless of gear, spec or weapon. When a warrior, guardian or thief get on top of me, its 4 hits and game over….yet another 1.62 silver spent.

Engineers should be able to burn down as fast as we get burnt down.

And frankly, I am tired of spending gold regearing, regemming and respeccing just to find that all specs end up the same…not enough damage output for the amount of damage we take.

(edited by Raideen.5973)

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: jule.3289

jule.3289

I really expect some improvements concerning the engineer in the next patch.
Engineer really needs an increase of damage generally or being able to survive longer.
comparing to most of the other classes, engineer needs much more abilities to be played.
And even after that, engineer can be still an easy target.
I’ve tried to play thief for 1hour in spvp and by using skills without knowing really what they do or even spamming I did much better and finish first generally.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Aerodynamic grenades? What are you actually talking about?

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Daemon.7682

Daemon.7682

My Engineer routinely takes on higher level enemies. Up until I was exclusively in the dungeons to level she was killing mobs 5 levels over her and above.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: bhansen.7251

bhansen.7251

Im not saying that all builds are equally good, but i still play my engineer as my main and i think its one of the most powerfull classes currently in the game, even with the bugged skills and traits. I have about 6k wvw kills with most of those being solo. I have lost 1 1v1 fight in all my time spent in wvw and most 1v1 is just a 1-sided fight with my apponent being immobolized till dead.
Why people think its a crappy class is beyond my understanding. Its on par with the mesmer and stronger then the thief. I dont know what the hell u guys are doing, but its wrong. When our traits gets fixed its gonna be even more faceroll when i play it. My personal record is to beat 7v1 in wvw. Sure they were baddies, but even 7 baddies should kill 1 guy.
Learn your spec/skills and rotations. Learn your apponents.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Posted by: jule.3289

jule.3289

Im not saying that all builds are equally good, but i still play my engineer as my main and i think its one of the most powerfull classes currently in the game, even with the bugged skills and traits. I have about 6k wvw kills with most of those being solo. I have lost 1 1v1 fight in all my time spent in wvw and most 1v1 is just a 1-sided fight with my apponent being immobolized till dead.
Why people think its a crappy class is beyond my understanding. Its on par with the mesmer and stronger then the thief. I dont know what the hell u guys are doing, but its wrong. When our traits gets fixed its gonna be even more faceroll when i play it. My personal record is to beat 7v1 in wvw. Sure they were baddies, but even 7 baddies should kill 1 guy.

Everyone in wvw haven’t got a character lvl 80 with full stuff exo.
I personnally have my main lvl 47. There is no gain for me to go in wvw for the moment.
In spvp (i know it’s kind of a mess) everyone has quite the same equipment and engineer requires a lot of effort if you compare it with others classes which sometimes just spam 1 button when i need to switch kits, use combo, etc.

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Raideen.5973

and yet, you previously stated about 4 days ago “Mesmer and thief are the most powerful 1v1 classes atm. A well played mesmer can kill any player with equal skill level. But for the most part its not all about the classes. The games re-rendering of character entering and exiting stealth is broken and when that gets fixed it will be another story”.

You also state “Devs: Please make the trait “Fast-acting Elixers” work with the “Elixer S” soon :-) It says that theres a 48 sec cooldown, but it counts down from 60 on use. So many fights i could have won if the trait worked as intended for all elixers.”

Also, please enlighten us with you gear, spec, gems, hacks…because no engineer is going to take on 7 people that are attacking him. And as far as winning 1v1 is every 1v1 encounter, I would like to see some videos of this as long as they are 80 in full exotic gear…because your claims are too fantastic to be believable, discrediting everything you say.

(edited by Raideen.5973)

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Raideen.5973

and yet, you previously stated about 4 days ago “Mesmer and thief are the most powerful 1v1 classes atm. A well played mesmer can kill any player with equal skill level. But for the most part its not all about the classes. The games re-rendering of character entering and exiting stealth is broken and when that gets fixed it will be another story”.

Also, please enlighten us with you gear, spec, gems, hacks…because no engineer is going to take on 7 people that are attacking him. And as far as winning 1v1 is every 1v1 encounter, I would like to see some videos of this as long as they are 80 in full exotic gear…because your claims are too fantastic to be believable, discrediting everything you say.

Also. I think the overall point you and so many are missing is that the engineer is not a class you can just “pick up” and start doing well with. It takes more key push cycles, more effort and juggling to do well, you mess up once on a GCD and you are dead. Most other classes are not plagued with this problem, not to the extent engineers are.

If the class is designed to be a “hard” class to play, then Arenanet needs to let people know that up front. The assumption is (and rightfully so) that all classes are balanced the same. But with warriors, thieves etc etc clearly showing us they are not…it leaves the player who picks a random class or on that looks cool to them at a disadvantage. There is a reason warriors are the number 1 played class, because they are easy to play and do very well with minimal effort.

People are like water, they take the path of least resistance. A class that is made to be easy and powerful will always dominate the player base. A person with the same skill who plays an engineer vs a same skilled person who plays a warrior, will always lose to that warrior and that is the complain from most people here.

(edited by Raideen.5973)

Let's face it.

in Engineer

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Aerodynamic grenades? What are you actually talking about?

Grenades which can be thrown as far as the rifle and mortar shoot are very aerodynamic aren’t they? Or we got very strong throwing arms!