Leveling an Engi. Weapons/startup build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Invictorum.7643

Invictorum.7643

Hey people. I’m going to level an engi after getting some Ascended medium gear, just so I can have one of each class that uses medium for the most use out of the armor.

What should I run to make leveling as painless and quick as possible?

in Engineer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Power + Bombs, AA them to death.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

^ What he said. Bombs make leveling pretty darn easy. Go into Tools first for Streamlined Kits, then Explosives to buff bombs. Flamethrower is a good secondary option to Bombs for more damage. Last slot I would use something easy like Elixir B for the boons and stability.

Also use a rifle for added burst and easy removal of those annoying immobilizes certain creatures tend to spit at you when you try to run by them.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

Best advice I think anyone can give is to open up as many kits with your “hero” points as possible. This will give you the best options available to function properly and provide you with an idea of how the class works as a whole. Your best offensive options are generally Grenades or Bombs, with Flamethrower providing solid roaming options. After you have the mainstays unlocked you are free to open traits as per your play style.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

In my opinion Firearms has the better buffs if you go bombs.
40% crit chance increase for a start.
Also get Elixir Gun. Stunbreak, heal and big damage (Acid Bomb).

As an engi you need to learn to chain your best skills, e.g.: run into up to 5 mobs, drop Fire Bomb (+Smoke Bomb if you can’t take the damage), switch to EG, Acid Bomb, switch to Rifle, Blunderbuss, Jump Shot, switch to Bomb Kit, autoattack.

If it’s not dead by now you can run in circles while dropping bombs until cooldowns reset.

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

in Engineer

Posted by: Invictorum.7643

Invictorum.7643

Second question, what stats would be best at max level?

I currently have two Zerker ascended armor pieces, and a Tough/Power/Prec ring.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Average pve is so easy that full berzerker works. But anything works, everything else is just slower.. and if you can do something faster, most of the players want to do it not slower ^^

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Engineer

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

Second question, what stats would be best at max level?

I currently have two Zerker ascended armor pieces, and a Tough/Power/Prec ring.

Being a hybrid class we are fortunate enough to be able to run either Power and/or Condition specs. In particular, Sinister gear is spectacular for us in that regard and provides us with one of the best sustained DPS builds in the game. Berserker will provide you with a more universally compatible set, while Conditions have their own special niches where they shine. This all comes down to a matter of circumstance and preference. You will not be hurting yourself if you go either route at this point in the game.

in Engineer

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

Remember than ascended armor can now be recast/respecced via the Mystic Forge.

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”