Liadri, the Concealing Dark - Builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: dunneryb.4907

dunneryb.4907

Q:

Hey guys,

I just started running the Gauntlet yesterday, and got all the way to Liadri pretty easily using a 6/6/0/0/2 Rabid/Undead triple kit build – Bomb for melee kiting, Nades for ranged damage, and Elixir Gun for bleed stacking, condition cleanse, and Acid Bomb REALNESS. However, Liadri is obviously much harder, and requires specific builds from other classes, such as maximizing invuln and lots of condition cleanse.

So, anyone who has beaten Liadri with their engineer, what build were you running? I’d love to get those achievements!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

in Engineer

Posted by: Daemerius.3627

Daemerius.3627

I used a 6/6/0/2/0 build with celestial gear and traveler’s runes and the same kits you used. Had sigil of energy on weapon and the traits to proc vigor/swiftness on crits.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tarreth.8914

Tarreth.8914

Same question, but I have limited gear choice. Zerker, knight, soldier and rabid. Either weapons and armor.

“We fight to live and we live to fight”

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I ran 6/2/0/4/2 with rifle, grenades, elixir s for any orbs I didn’t kill (definitely worth it), and toolkit for block. Speedy kits, invigorating speed, and infused precision for near perma vigor. Full berserker’s, she dropped a lot faster than I expected from just rifle burst, grenade 2,4, and then rifle autoattacking while strafing. Flash grenade is useful as well, as the clones can be blinded so they won’t kill you on contact. Probably could have moved 2 from alchemy to firearms, but her projectiles were hitting for quite a bit in the first phase and I wanted a bit more sustain.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

I was able to easily power through every other competitor with the 6/6/0/0/2 berserker setup, other than Liadri where I had to change it up a little.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdMQJAqelUUpdrlYxPLseRSaBNq0AyM8CRFyP3gA8UA-TBAhAUsBA-e
That’s what I used to kill her after around 12 attempts (I died more to the orbs pulling me into visions and red circles while Liadri herself only killed me once).
Can swap out bomb kit for elixir r if you want more dodges.

A few tips when fighting her:
-When luring visions into the light circles, moving left and right quickly and constantly will duke her phase 1 attack.
-Heal up with super elixir and cleansing burst when waiting by the light circles. Use healing turret only when you’ll benefit most from it.
-Do not use healing mist for its regen. Save it for if one of those pesky orbs pull you into danger.
-As soon as phase 2 starts, I’d chain her with throw shield and supply drop. Take this time to load her up with chills and bleeds from grenade kit.
-Kite her around the arena with grenades, making sure to only use 1 dodge for the big aoe circles.
-Destroy any orbs as soon as they appear.

Basically, chill and vigor are your best friends for phase 2. She can’t hit you with her melee if she cannot reach you.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ponzu.4570

Ponzu.4570

beaten mine on 4th try as engi
Zerker Set
Elixer H
Elixer B
Elixer S
Grenade Kit
Supply Crate

Phase 1: pretty easy after a few tries,you will get the pattern,only pop elixer S as last resort when you are out of stamina.Elixer B boost speed,throw elixer B and H gives pretty good buffs too like Vigor and speed boost.Of course kill the orbs when it appear with your rifle.

Phase 2: Go ham on dps she dies quick,throw supply crate on her and nade her.Throw Elixer S also can help you deaggro from her and her shadows if things get sticky,u can run forward and nade behind you to dodge 1HKO AoE,it has a 1 second delay so it should be ok if you are constantly running.

lvl80 sylavari Engineer
Crystal Desert

in Engineer

Tarreth.8914

MAYBE life stealing grenadier?

Alot of hits with alot of crits. It may work, whatcha think?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

I ran healing turret + bomb kit+ tool kit + elexir S + Supply crate. with rabid exotic armor, givers pistol/shield, and rabid/dire acended trinkets. My traits was 4,0,0,4,6 with explosive radius, burn on crit, vigor on swiftness, backpack regenerator, speedy kits, toolkit cooldown reduction and 50% endurance regen.

Managed to get the 8 light achivement on my third try by constantly applying Burn and confusion from bomb kit and bleed from tool kit while I kited and pulled her shadows to the whril holes with magnet. and destroyed the orbs with pistol/throw wrench.

I chose Elexir S for the stealth and invulerability. getting yourself a few sec with stealth to rethink or repossision yourself helps a lot.

in Engineer

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

EG with dual pistols. Took elixir H, R, S and Elixir Gun. Invigorating Speed, Power Shoes, Speedy Kits. The bouncing elixir from EG helps both with Liadri and gives you Swiftness. With Cleansing Formula, also removes a cond.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I swear engineer is a natural for the Liadri fight. I didn’t do Gauntlet last year, but it only took me four tries to beat Liadri, less than two hours for the gauntlet overall.

For Liadri, I used a slight modification to my current build (in sig), opting to switch to more rifle traits. 0/6/0/6/2, IV VI IX, I VII X, VI running with Healing Turret, Elixir B, Elixir U, Elixir Gun and Supply crate. Full zerk, cav trinks.

With Orrian Truffle and meat stew along with vigor uptime and Rifle #5/EG #4 for movement skills, it’s actually rather hard to find yourself at risk of being hit by shadowfell. Use Acidic Leap on Liadri in P2 when she starts the spin attack as she stays rooted for quite some time.

Another thing I’ve noticed that may be helpful, particularly to grenadiers is the fact that multiple visions of mortality can be converted at one time. I’ve kited 3 and converted them all at the same time. Helpful if going for Light Up the Darkness.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i did 8 orb with this and whatever dire/rabid exotic/pink i happened to find in my bank first (fully exotic+)

i sometimes wish sigil of generosity wasnt so expensive cuz id use it in almost every build i can think of, but i only have battle + corruption on my rabid pistols

i couldve done 3 orb with any respectable trait setup and condi gear. managing the extra orbs + shadowfall + only ~60% vigor uptime + laggy shadows of mortality was kinda hard but wouldnt have been if i wasnt going for 8. and i prolly needed more condi cleanses.

basically, as long as youre shooting her with pistol 1 + pizza + ~1500 condi damage she dies within the time limit. even tho its like terribad dps.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

Bombaneer: 2/2/0/4/6 with full celestial. Primary focus was on perma evade. I never had to worry about dodging the next aoe. Just went in there and cleaned her clock. The engineer has got to be one of the best professions for that event. All other trash mobs were fought with elixir infused bombs + backpack regen + spam bombs and GG all the way up the ladder.

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Well my frands today I played Guild Warts 2 for the first time in almost 2 months! I have to say I am thuper disappointed in Liadri! I wasted 5400 Mithril Ore buying those Zephyr Boxes to get some Gauntlet Tickets! Then I bought a few more Gauntlet Tickets from the vendor thinking that I might need them! Turns out I could skip all the way to Liadri because I beat her last year! Then I beat her on my first try! Thuper thilly and what a waste!

Anyways I just used my WvW build and no food buffs!
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUp+qlcxELseNybBNyucGRWxn85AE0hC-TxhFABA8AAMS5HDXAgR2f4MdADq+TVKBBA-e

I’m not sure if Liadri’s attacks can be blocked and I wasn’t about to test it out! If they can’t be blocked then you could probably take out 10 from Tools and put them into Firearms! And you could swap Tool Kit out for Elixir Gun for more regen or maybe Elixir R for self res and more endurance!

Wahoo! Hope that helped! Bye frands!

Sincerely,
Vee Wee retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

(edited by ellesee.8297)

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

well i just beat her, and after i realised that her attacks all got a predictable pattern it was pretty easy.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUp+qFYxPLseNSaBFyp2RROym85JEgEA-ThRBABXp8jm9HA5BAAwFAgS1fMTJIpAiYZE-e

thats the build i used.. worked after 3rd try (the 2 fails came from beeing stupid)

In phase 1 i more or less just memorised where the vortex pops up and where the aoe lands… and before anything i popped the orb. Then just normal kiting the first minion into the vortex , toss the crystal and then run right over to the next vortex but take care the aoe should by now land directly on the vortex.. you should use your time to heal if you are stupid like i am and cant dodge the projectiles she throws at you. If the aoe is gone go right behind the vortex.. and one illusion should come straight from the front, let it pop , take the crystal and MOVE away.. cause by now you should have one to the left and one from behind aswell. Run past her and toss the crystal.. then over to the next vortex. From there on you should have 3 minions on your kitten , try to kite 2 into the vortex and grab the crystal. If you are low on health you might wanna use the turret heal before you toss it at her to be ready for her whip.. its not really pleasant to get hit by it cause of the cripple, the whip damage itself isnt all that bad. Well.. phase 2 starts then..and from there on its kiting in cyrcles.. drop bombs like there is no tomorrow and move together with the aoe. Use elixir s if an unexpected orb drags you into the aoe and elixir c to get rid of the cripple if needed and you should be fine

in Engineer

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Auto attacks and no armor build!

http://youtu.be/vGhB1Qfvmcw

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Engineer

Posted by: Klmor.1250

Klmor.1250

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqelUUpErFYxCLseRCbBNqxAqUIysUlPfgAkUA-TBiIABQs/AsnAg00CEkyPAeAAHq+zY6AYSJIA-e

I used this build for 8 orb achivement also and it works pretty fine.Grenade damage is enough alone , so other utilities must be survival ones.

in Engineer

Tarreth.8914

I did it with Renny’s build and carrion gear. It. Was. Simple.

Thank you, Renny!