List which healing skill do you use the most and why.

in Engineer

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

I’m interested in which reasons lead other engineers into choosing this or that healing skill as their preferred one.

For me, it’s Elixir H, because I never, EVER run any build without 409. I’m paranoid about conditions: nothing screws you up like having 15 bleeds on your behind. So basically Elixir H and B are always in my bar for quick and easy buffs and condition removal.

What about you?

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

H. for the same reasons. alch trait line is so good.
25s cd on H is ok.. but not amazing. but hgh, and 409. so good.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

Super elixir. Because it removes conditions in an AoE, aand gives a nice combo field.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Venthus.6137

Venthus.6137

Medkits. I like being able to travel the map quickly and I’m too absentminded to ever switch it back to the elixit.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bobudo.7943

Bobudo.7943

Medkit – with 20 points into Tools I get to use the Toolbelt heal on a 16s cooldown – fastest heal we have.

in Engineer

Posted by: Cazliostro.7140

Cazliostro.7140

I like the healing turret myself – its a double heal with the toolbelt skill, it helps allies and it makes a good aggro sponge for ’nade spamming or escaping.

in Engineer

Posted by: NeryK.5301

NeryK.5301

Medkit (every little bit of healing on the run counts, plus switness and a little condition removal ) & Elixir gun (Healing Mist and Super Elixir help recover between damage spikes).

I like this job. I like it !

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

I used to run the healing turret self combo, but i now run a full runes of the centaur with med kit.
Full party wide aoe near permanent swiftness (it’s bugged and has a 2 second longer cooldown) has helped greatly in wvwvw for running repairs and helping reinforcements get to a destination quicker (players and dolyaks).
It also has a 18 second cooldown + the bandages, antidote and stim.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mysticforce.5096

Mysticforce.5096

Medkit.

Fast heal, high Fury uptime…and if you are being chewed up by conditions just drop 1-3 and heal through it.

The only thing to keep in mind that you have to break away from the fight to use medkit to its full potential – CC or run away from the enemy until you can drop 1-3, 4 if you need to remove condition, and 5 for fury, then turn around and continue the fight.

Tarnished Coast
Orisletum [TFH] – 80 Necromancer
Oriscalamitas [TFH] – 80 Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Netsu.3769

Netsu.3769

Medkit.

With 30 points in tools the cooldown is crazy low. Fast kits + stimulant give me not only perma swiftness while travelling but also a little buffer to start a combat with. While running away I switch to medkit and just throw everything I can at my feet, makes me very hard to catch in WvW.

I’m also completely not interested in the alchemy traitline.

The Jolly Fellas [JF]
Seafarer’s Rest server

in Engineer

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

If running an elixir build, then Elixir H of course.

If not, then Healing Turret. I know it is not popular, but I don’t really use it like a turret. I drop it, wait one tick, then explode it. That gives you the heal, the AoE heal, and a complete condition cleanse on a 20 sec cycle, which is better than an untraited Elixr H and can be done much more quickly in the thick of a fight than medkit.

in Engineer

Posted by: MyR.5028

MyR.5028

Medkit when running solo

• Low cooldown
  • Cooldown resets at 25% of your life
  • Small condition removal
  • Small extra heals
  • You are able to throw down everything when you are stationary (capping a point, prepare yourself to solo a tougher enemy)

Healing turret when I am in dungeons or smaller groups

• AoE regeneration boon
  • AoE heal (Water combo field + self detonate)
  • AoE condition removal
  • Blast finisher
  • low cooldown when picked up again

Super Elixir in WvW zergs and sometimes dungeons

• AoE heal
  • AoE Regeneration
  • AoE condition removal on impact
  • Light combo field for condition removing projectiles
  • with Kit Refinement 100% Uptime

I never use Elixir H, because it is RNG and I rarely build deep into alchemy. Most of the time either Elixir C or Super Elixir with Kit refinement is enough condition removal.

in Engineer

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I drop the turret and pick it up straight away for 15s c/d (and one set of regen). Then I can also use the toolbelt regen.

in Engineer

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

When traveling zones easier than Orr – Medkit (with elixir B I’m stacking almost permaswiftness without traits)
Underwater – Elixir H (burst heal I need, tossing without aiming)
Orr and party activities – Healing Turret (nice burst for me and 2 fields I need for the others)

in Engineer

Posted by: Bobudo.7943

Bobudo.7943

I drop it, wait one tick, then explode it. That gives you the heal, the AoE heal, and a complete condition cleanse on a 20 sec cycle, which is better than an untraited Elixr H and can be done much more quickly in the thick of a fight than medkit.

I sometimes go back to the turret because of this. One thing to note is that popping the healing turret (at least for me) generates some serious aggro.

in Engineer

Posted by: mischwoof.9785

mischwoof.9785

Medkit :>

Low CD heal, resets at 25% hp. In coordinated play, putting lines of medkits and antidotes saves kitten in pvp. Really awesome skill. Also, infinite swiftness with speedy kits, and infinite AoE swiftness with 6/6 runes of centaur. Best heal hands down.

Nisha The Medicat [NEWL] | Lv. 80 Engineer | Dragonbrand

in Engineer

Posted by: Lifelike.5862

Lifelike.5862

Healing Turret. It provides a lot of utility, including regen, burst heal, aoe group heal and most importantly it’s also a blast finisher, which is key to my might-sharing bomb healing build.