Looking for PvE condi build (TT Wurm)

in Engineer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

I keep hearing engi is the go-to profession for condi damage in pve. I’m looking for a build for triple trouble wurm to down the condi targets and assist boss damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUh+sYJWwdLw6FLpFFYJuiHgI+eqAoBA-TxhAAByoHIhHAAM7PEmyPqV/BgTAAbKBJEgi5A-e is what I’ve come up so far. P/P Balthasar +100% burning.

I’m totally lost for a third trait line, and pretty much all utility slots really. I’m thinking bombs and grenades. Last one I’m thinking yolo Elixir Gun + HGH because might. Or tools for utility and 10% direct damage. Does chemical rounds increase condi duration >+100% (the necro one does, so I assume the answer is yes).
The thing is besides pistol#4 and IP, Shrapnel, Sharpshooter everything else feels so inconsequential.

/e: Just found Rocket Boots -> Rocket Kick. Sweet. With the tools line it has the same cooldown as pistol#4 which makes it hard to miss that one.

Ele / Guardian

(edited by Bawi.9541)

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Bawi.9541

How do you fill the time between Blowtorches if you are free to do damage?
Aristocracy is a good idea, I will keep that in mind

Ele / Guardian

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

How do you fill the time between Blowtorches if you are free to do damage?
Aristocracy is a good idea, I will keep that in mind

Bomb Kit auto. You can switch it for Grenade Kit if you prefer. Really the focus is Tool Kit for the pull and Flamethrower for maximizing burn damage.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Bawi.9541

FT#4 FT#3 and toolbelt? The FT auto looks horrible to me and I’m not sure if I’m just not getting it ^^

Ele / Guardian

in Engineer

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

FT#4 FT#3 and toolbelt? The FT auto looks horrible to me and I’m not sure if I’m just not getting it ^^

Might stacking with aristocracy runes. Plus burn ticks off napalm and toolbelt, immobilize with bomb 5 or chill with grenade 4/mortar 4 and use all of the fire fields. As a side note, toolkit is pretty weak unless the target is constantly using attacks to proc confusion, you can just chill it and throw grenades to stack vuln for your conditions as well as getting shrapnel procs.

In terms of auto, grenades with shrapnel have the best condition application. Put out your burns, bleeds, poison and chill the enemy. It won’t get near the players focusing on the wurm head, and it will die in a bit. Just remember your super pizzas or koi cakes.

Strength/battle are good sigils allowing you to cap might in solo play, if you can perform decent might stacking rotations drop battle for corruption.

(edited by SlyDevil.3952)