Looking to start an engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: KjarlSeaspite.9573

KjarlSeaspite.9573

So yeah. I have decided to start up an engineer. I have zero clue or ideas of how to set this guy up.

As a Guardian player it seemed pretty easy but as an Engineer I wonder what is the way to go for leveling? Any builds or tips would be welcomed. I don’t plan to PvP or WvW .

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Bombs and Tool Kit (“Wrench” Kit) for Melee, Grenade Kit and Rifle for range.

Elixir Gun and Pistol are too niche to use while leveling, and Flamethrower is just plain garbage.

A lot of things on Engineer don’t shine until level 80, keep in mind.

in Engineer

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

Bombs and Tool Kit (“Wrench” Kit) for Melee, Grenade Kit and Rifle for range.

Elixir Gun and Pistol are too niche to use while leveling, and Flamethrower is just plain garbage.

A lot of things on Engineer don’t shine until level 80, keep in mind.

Disagree about Flamethrower for PvE content / leveling.

At level 40 you can pick up Juggernaut and Fireforged Trigger meaning a meaty 6-7 constant might stacks. Plus you get easy access to fire field for blasting.

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

in Engineer

Posted by: Varqov.6984

Varqov.6984

check out this post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Feeling-a-little-lost-Newish-Player
They finally have nearly everything working as intended (- turrets) so just try to use everything and decide what you personally like to use.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Plus you get easy access to fire field for blasting.

Fire Bomb. It’s on a shorter cooldown too!

in Engineer

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

For lvling I found the rifle to be extremely useful due to the crowd control and quick AoE damage. Flamethrower is also good as you will tag mobs and do great damage as well as have a knockback and blind.