Magic Find Build

Magic Find Build

in Engineer

Posted by: narcky.2187

narcky.2187

Q:

I’m beginning my grind for my legendary and as such have collected a complete set of MF gear to aid in the collection of items (From Armor to Weapons).

I was hoping to see if anyone had any suggestions for what a good build would be to accompany this setup while I farm as my main build (Based off of Mask’s Elixer / p/p / cond. build) is kitten with this set.

I assumed something with grenades would be most beneficial, but I really wanted to get the communities opinion on this. Also I assume what kind of MF gear (stat wise) would be relevant but let’s not take that into account LoL.

Please help!

Thank you,

nArCkY

Magic Find Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

If farming Orr events for t6 materials, Coated Bullets or the Flamethrower are way less tedious ways to farm than using the Grenade Kit.

For Coated Bullets, run a 10/30/0/30/0 Condition Damage spec. For the Flamethrower, run 10/30/0/20/10 with Juggernaut, Deadly Mixture, and Incendiary Powder. Speedy Kits for movement speed.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Magic Find Build

in Engineer

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

Honestly, I would recommend you not to farm for the mats at all. Just run through CoF a bunch with +gold bonuses and you’ll make more than enough money to buy the mats out in less time. Not to mention you get loads of Karma from dungeons now, too.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Magic Find Build

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

I would only recommend MF gear if you are gonna go fullout MF and then farm events.
That is the only way I see MF gear as useful.
Its not worth it to try and get a little bit or have a small percentage.
Just get as much MF gear as you can along with buffs/banner/food then go run Pent/Shatt Event train for an hour or so.

Magic Find Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

I main a mesmer, I crafted an engineer to 80 just to do events in orr with. I have him in full mf. Im using some sort of FT/elixer build. I run the 40% mf food with 20% boon duration. My build is 10-30-0-30-0 all for flame thrower and elixers. What I didnt realize is how much fun it is. I guess I was getting a little burned out on my mesmer. But yeah if anyone has any better ways to do it pls let us know.

Magic Find Build

in Engineer

Posted by: narcky.2187

narcky.2187

Thank you for the replies everyone!

I would only recommend MF gear if you are gonna go fullout MF and then farm events.
That is the only way I see MF gear as useful.
Its not worth it to try and get a little bit or have a small percentage.
Just get as much MF gear as you can along with buffs/banner/food then go run Pent/Shatt Event train for an hour or so.

I believe I have gone all out

I have a full set of Rare Traveler’s Armor and Weapons with 5 Superior Runes of the Pirate, 1 Superior of the Traveler, 2 Sigil of Luck (I think they don’t stack though… can someone confirm?), 5 Exquisite Opal Jewels that I placed on Mastercraft MF trinkets (Rare / Exotic are crazy expensive).

TBH I was following a guide and I didn’t disagree with the logic as I figure no matter where I am it would help me gather more items at least. Especially while I do my WvW part or Event Farming. I also didn’t hate the idea of building a MF gear set to have forever

Any further suggestions would be great! And thank you for the FT build suggestion, I actually leveled up using FT so it’s a welcomed idea.

Thank you all in advance!

nArCkY

Magic Find Build

in Engineer

Posted by: sunnypsyop.3025

sunnypsyop.3025

I run a bombkit build with MF gear when I am farming for mats and do very well killing big pulls all at once.

The suggestion to run dungeons is a good one also, CoF speed runs are fast and good money. Only problem is that no one ever wants anything for those except 4 Zerker Warriors and one Mesmer. Be prepared for jerks that automatically boot you the second they see that you are not one of those things.

Edit: You can run bomb kit or grenades, it doesn’t much matter. I just do bombkit because it’s easier when I am zoning out and mindlessly farming NPCs.

GF Left Me Cos Of Ladderboards [WTF]
:: |SPvP | Rev | Engi | ::