Magnet our old friend.

Magnet our old friend.

in Engineer

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

So i made this montage of magnet / the severs being wonky for my guild mates thought you fellow engi would get a laugh out of it as well or just really bad PTSD…idk

oh kinda NSFW not too bad though

Magnet our old friend.

in Engineer

Posted by: PaladinVII.1647

PaladinVII.1647

Heh. I know what you mean, magnet causes some strange things.

Strangest thing I ever had happen with a pull (or was it a push, I don’t remember) was near the spawn at the north side of EBG. Someone used a push or pull CC on me and I hit some invisible terrain and went skyward! I went so high into the air that I DIED from falling damage when I hit the ground!

Whoever did it to me came over and stood near my corpse, and I swear I could have heard him say “Dude, what the heck happened there?!”

Magnet our old friend.

in Engineer

Posted by: Legit Prep In.5893

Legit Prep In.5893

Goes hand in hand with the turrets I’d say

Magnet our old friend.

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

Goes hand in hand with the turrets I’d say

What do you mean? Magnet is amazing skill, probably one of the best skills Engineer can provide in PvP/WvW, but has latency problems. Turrets are just… bad.

Magnet our old friend.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

Magnet is in this state since 1 year and a half when they reworket the tool kit skills(it was the same patch of engy backpack if i’m not mistaken,too lazy to go check).

When your pull should be perfect(i mean enemy don’t dodge,no stability etc.) it will fail most of the time.

I’t not like turret,turret were nerfed,is different.

It’s not latency,guardian pulls works perfecly fine,and apparently it works with a very similar mechanic.
With that i mean that guardian sometimes send you in the sky and you die from fall damage after the pull,but their pull almost never fail in take you right on their spot.
I played Guardian/DH only for 2 months,and never experienced the same fail of magnet,so if i’m mystaken let me know.

It’s just another half done/half fixed work.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

(edited by Nirvana.8659)

Magnet our old friend.

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Other then not pulling the enemy the full distance I often get a bug when I swap to toolkit and use magnet that my character just throws her hands in the air and nothing happens,then the skill goes on full cooldown or a 5 sec cooldown I can’t remember. I have some supiscion that it only happens after jumpshot, I should do some tests once I have time.

(edited by santenal.1054)

Magnet our old friend.

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

one time in WvW next to a tower i got pulled into the side corner bit of the tower thats kinda not level and it launched me over the wall, that was a fun day

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Magnet our old friend.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

I remember in a pvp match one time. I pulled a thief that was running away, and he hit some rock in the physics, and went flying so high in the air he nearly died on impact with the ground. My pistols made quick work of him afterward.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Magnet our old friend.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

one time in WvW next to a tower i got pulled into the side corner bit of the tower thats kinda not level and it launched me over the wall, that was a fun day

And you were a mesmer and portal bombed the tower thanks to them right? That would have been epic.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Magnet our old friend.

in Engineer

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Other then not pulling the enemy the full distance I often get a bug when I swap to toolkit and use magnet that my character just throws her hands in the air and nothing happens,then the skill goes on full cooldown or a 5 sec cooldown I can’t remember. I have some supiscion that it only happens after jumpshot, I should do some tests once I have time.

Yep, happens when you magnet right after swapping into TK. Client gets confused whether you’re using a ground target or targeted skill, tries to do both and nothing ends up happening lol. Same thing if you try to use a grenades 1-4 too quickly; it just throws it in the direction of your target (self cancels if behind you).

elite specs ruined pvp.