Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

Make Blast Gyro hurt more

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Agreed. Why doesn’t it crit?

Even if it did crit, why waste a skill slot on it? Its toolbelt doesn’t even do anything interesting.

in Engineer

Serious Thought.5394

Wait what? WHAT? I’m so confused. I had mine crit for 6-9k so far. I’m seeing if it goes higher =(

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I would rather it not be a Throw Mine clone and do something else entirely. After trying it I don’t see myself ever using this skill. Ever. I can think of no situation where I would want it. I can knock an afk player off a high ledge in WvW. Yay? I know it has 1500 range, it’s so bad it doesn’t matter.

Make it a gyro that locks onto your target and drops bombs every few seconds that are blast finishers with high damage.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

I say reduce damage by 15%, but let it apply 7 vuln + 2 stacks of 4s burning. It’s not too bad in pvp for extra delayed CC pressure, not optimal by any means but could do with a little more meat.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I say reduce damage by 15%, but let it apply 7 vuln + 2 stacks of 4s burning. It’s not too bad in pvp for extra delayed CC pressure, not optimal by any means but could do with a little more meat.

I’m sorry but the damage is already not really that much considering how easy it is to avoid, we already have tons of easy Vuln stacking, and no condi build is dropping real condi utilities for Blast Gyro 4s low burn.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

I’m sorry but the damage is already not really that much considering how easy it is to avoid, we already have tons of easy Vuln stacking, and no condi build is dropping real condi utilities for Blast Gyro 4s low burn.

2k in pvp + more burns, and a relatively reliable CC, then Super Speed coupled with Rapid Regen. This makes it effective for 1v1s, it still won’t be optimal but it will be far from weak. Vuln is vuln, and 2-3k+CC on anything that isn’t a bunker/bruiser is good.

Getting the tag on them is easy, forcing them to dodge/worry about the gyro is also part of it being effective.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

in Engineer

Serious Thought.5394

Makes question thread on how to make Gyro do more boom boom.
Gets people asking for it to do other things like condi.
=(
No one confirms or denies if this is the highest possible damage output for the skill.
=(

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Agreed. Why doesn’t it crit?

Even if it did crit, why waste a skill slot on it? Its toolbelt doesn’t even do anything interesting.

The crit issue is the biggest flaw of it. It’s a minion and therefore has only the base 1000 precision wich is 4% crit chance against same level. It will crit against critters all the time but those are the only crits you’re ever gonna see from it.

I agree – this could be a great skill, but it’s just weak since it misses, AI flaws, can’t crit and it’s a waste of a utility slot especially with that terrible toolbelt skill… Just an overall bad skill :/

I hope they will change it so it will have your crit chance + no automatic detonation. It would be awesome if it would just follow the enemy and blow up on demant like a turret. This way the skill would have more depth and it wouldn’t miss all on it’s own. Detonation with no cast time ofc… Dunno why gyros have one at all… Turrets don’t, so … yea.

About the CD … sheesh, up to 40 sec? Again one of those “start the cd on summon instead of on death” issues… 20 sec after summon would be ok. After death? No…

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

This skill costs us an entire utility slot, has an absurd cooldown, is AI controlled AND you need to hit with a pre-skill first. For all those drawbacks this thing should be the hardest hitting attack in the entire game. Any amount of damage under 10k is too low for all the things you give up to take this garbage.

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkalissa.1706

Alkalissa.1706

Honestly I’d like to see either blast or whirl gyro replaced with something more like a portable rifle turret. The feeling of having a drone follow you around and help attack enemies is something that’s really fun, and I feel we’re missing that sort of attack support with gyros.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

We shouldn’t try to turn gyros into “fixed turrets”. Better actually fix the turrets and turn gyros into something unique.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”