Make Elixir S not cancel skills

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

It doesn’t cancel stomping/rezzing/many actions but it cancels skills that are casting…

This is especially bad with the self regulating defenses trait when you are about to heal/condi clear but the trait goes off and now you’re dead…

in Engineer

Posted by: Whitworth.7259

Whitworth.7259

This sucks especially with the condi meta. Self-regulating defenses is a good trait, but when you’ve got condi stacked and you try to heal/remove and elixir s triggers, cancels your heal and then you just kite for 3 seconds while the condis finish you off.
Yet other profs like eles have obs flesh can still use skills whilst they’re invulnerable.

in Engineer

Posted by: scorekeeper.6524

scorekeeper.6524

Yeah we’ve wanted this for awhile. I doubt they’ll care enough to change it now.

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Or just make it give resistance for few seconds.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Actually thats a better solution than the one OP proposed, as with the non-cancel skill idea, you could be casting as skill that doesnt cleanse conditiona and be trapped on the same situation.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

in Engineer

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Actually thats a better solution than the one OP proposed, as with the non-cancel skill idea, you could be casting as skill that doesnt cleanse conditiona and be trapped on the same situation.

I dont remember, however does someone who is inviun take condi damage for existing applied conditions?

If not, just make the engi invuln when shrunk instead of evading (for the duration of it only)

I know people will complain that a DH/guard using renewed focus cant stomp/rez when invuln, why should engi? Easy, when a DH does it, it immediately takes 3 utilities off of CD, thus being able to heal/tether/block again whereas engi doesn’t get recharged anything…so its a trade off from each other….one gets 3 important utilities off CD and 1 gets the ability to stomp/res with no utility refresh

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

They should have never changed it in the first place. I recall back when it actually made you immune to damage back in the day.

Additionally if you are a healer engineer (and yes some of us are doing that in PVE) it actually allows a cure when it goes off because it forces you to swap back from your kit to your weapon which makes the cleanse happen thus providing a condition removal.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

I’m Pip Squeak, and I support this message.

in Engineer

WEXXES.2378

If not, just make the engi invuln when shrunk instead of evading (for the duration of it only)

It always made them invulnerable.

in Engineer

Posted by: scorekeeper.6524

scorekeeper.6524

Check the wiki

“Drink Elixir S to shrink yourself, recover from stun, and evade attacks. "

We are not invulnerable in Elixir S.

in Engineer

Posted by: Undo.5091

Undo.5091

A nice change to the trait itself would be to have the invuln go off before the stunbreak and not the other way around. No one likes being stunned during their invuln proc.

Engineer (XIII) (KoTR)
Darkhaven

in Engineer

tigirius.9014

Check the wiki

Further We USED to be and they removed it because some complained about it. smh like we don’t have enough negatives against us as it is.

in Engineer

tigirius.9014

A nice change to the trait itself would be to have the invuln go off before the stunbreak and not the other way around. No one likes being stunned during their invuln proc.

If you use cleanses you don’t have that issue. Glasscanons are never good.

in Engineer

tigirius.9014

I fully support this change!

in Engineer

Posted by: Undo.5091

Undo.5091

If you use cleanses you don’t have that issue. Glasscanons are never good.

Wot.

Edit: I’m talking strictly about hard-CCs, not soft-CC through conditions. If timed correctly, you can CC an engineer as they go into their SRD… so the engineer is stuck in one spot for a good duration of the invuln.

Engineer (XIII) (KoTR)
Darkhaven

(edited by Undo.5091)

in Engineer

WEXXES.2378

Check the wiki

Further We USED to be and they removed it because some complained about it. smh like we don’t have enough negatives against us as it is.

Neither of you are correct.

http://imgur.com/a/A74E5

Taken literally a few minutes before I wrote this post.

The tooltip was never right, and they never “removed” the invulnerability, they removed the ability to use some skills during it a long, long time ago.

And if you want to quote some more wikis, you can quote the invulnerability page which lists the skill there:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invulnerability

Good day, forum-goers.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I remember when it didn’t black out utilities and i was sad when they changed it (boy was that a long time ago)

unfortunately anet doesn’t really do about faces. to their detriment.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

I remember when it didn’t black out utilities and i was sad when they changed it (boy was that a long time ago)

unfortunately anet doesn’t really do about faces. to their detriment.

At the time it seemed reasonable. Now it just makes me sad.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.