Make Engi Raid Again

Make Engi Raid Again

in Engineer

Posted by: Awolf.9123

Awolf.9123

Engi needs something to give it a situation in which you’d pick it over something else in PvE content. Anything Engi can do, you can probably find a team-mate that can do it in addition to what they’re doing. In short, Engi has no niche. So what can we do to fix that?

My solution is to add a trait that adds a buff to damage on superspeed in the Master tier of the Scrapper line. Why? It brings group utility, a reason for Engi to try to apply superspeed, and a use for some of the under-utilized traits like Final Salvo and Shocking Speed. I think this could put Engi in a competitive place in raids, and give them a unique use that makes them something to consider picking.

Of course, superspeed as a whole isn’t in a good spot. Multiple applications of it doesn’t work well with each-other and make it clunky and difficult to keep up on allies. I think either increasing duration and cooldown of the superspeed traits on Engi, or allowing the buff to stack duration would help make it a reasonable thing to dish out. Because using a leap/blast finisher in lightning every ten seconds for 3 seconds of superspeed that may or may not actually be useful depending on if superspeed is already active sucks.

Make Engi Raid Again

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Master tier means you’d have to pick between it or final salvo right? :< cough just sayin :P

But I get the idea and I agree – we need … we really NEED a unique ability that will make us a solid pick, yet not a must have. It should also be unstackable.

So in the case of super speed wich is hard to apply, I’d say just swap it around like: "If you gain super speed, 5 enemies around you get a debuff that increases incoming damage by 7% for ?seconds.

That way you’d affect all of your allies, not only the ones in your subgroup or just 5 (target limit).

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Make Engi Raid Again

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Master tier means you’d have to pick between it or final salvo right? :< cough just sayin :P

But I get the idea and I agree – we need … we really NEED a unique ability that will make us a solid pick, yet not a must have. It should also be unstackable.

So in the case of super speed wich is hard to apply, I’d say just swap it around like: "If you gain super speed, 5 enemies around you get a debuff that increases incoming damage by 7% for ?seconds.

That way you’d affect all of your allies, not only the ones in your subgroup or just 5 (target limit).

Final Salvo is Grandmaster, Master is Rapid Regen, Mass Momentum, and Expert examination.

And yes, I agree, while we have some SS options, they’re pretty short and not the easiest thing to come by. We’d essentially have to find a place to lay lightning fields to leap/blast, or pop a gyro (function gyro/healing gyro being the only ones that aren’t a major DPS loss but have their own tradeoffs for use).

SS also doesn’t stack duration and actually a higher duration can be overwritten by a lower. So no mass blasting a thunderclap to stack the buff, you’d just get 3s either way. Popping your healing gyro off cooldown would be 2s each out of a 20s reuse so 10% uptime.

So yeah agree with the idea of a group buff of some sort, but not sure that’s a reasonable implementation.

As for the strength of SS, Xyonon tipped me off to it, but on VG running condi scrapper you can pop healing gyros to get to that far away green (and then blast the water field toolbelt skill to heal the group!). Also makes getting 2 wisps on bloom a breeze, lots of little cool uses.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Make Engi Raid Again

in Engineer

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

“As for the strength of SS, Xyonon tipped me off to it, but on VG running condi scrapper you can pop healing gyros to get to that far away green (and then blast the water field toolbelt skill to heal the group!). Also makes getting 2 wisps on bloom a breeze, lots of little cool uses.”

I did the same thing and it rocked!!! Nice change even though I got hassled for not using the turret at first, til we got the kill!