Mask's 10th wvw vid

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

Hey guys, new vid:

I tried to gather the best possible footage for this video -was planning to take a few weeks gathering it- but my hard drive kindly reminded me to take it easy as storage space tends to be finite. So this is still not the absolutely best I can get but I hope it’s enjoyable, there’s no pure 1v1s or 1v2s, all fights feature at least 3 opponents, sometimes together, others in quick succession, other times from different servers, all 80s except a couple. You know, the usual :p
It came out a bit longer than I expected which is sad because I had a couple more good fights I wanted to include, maybe better than some of those there, but also longer or repetitive (I’ve been rightfully accused of living at foghaven).
I most likely won’t make a new one until the next patch and w/e it brings us, I might open an exception for one of those duel nights that have been happening lately on my current wvw matchup.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VVRR;2Z;0h0u53UFx0;9;5T9T;235B5;019Ar

2x superior runes of water + 2 x major runes of water + 2x superior runes of the monk
sigil of corruption + sigil of strength

full carrion armor right now, mixed jewel set (2x rampager, 1 x soldier, 2xrabid)
1x giver’s pistol 1xcarrion pistol
rare veggie pizza + master tuning crystal

total +50% condition duration +70% boon duration

previous vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos?flow=grid&view=0

gear/build: http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/engineer/?2.1|a.1m.h1b.a.1h.h5|0.0.0.0.0.0|1h.b1h.1h.b1h.1h.71h.1h.71h.1o.71g.1h.b1g|21n.0.2u.d14.2w.d12.21n.0.1o.63.2w.d12|0.u46c.a6.u2ab.0|30.d|2b.2g.2j.2x.30|e

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Of all the build names engineers come up with, I think this one is the most intrigueing!

What build do you use?
‘The tenth build’
Bit like the Sixth Sense and the Seventh Seal, and the Fifth Element…
(the middle being my favourite)

Bit less when I realise it might be the tenth video, but the build still is that condi HGH p/p thing again
But still, sounds cool…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

I just love watching these. Makes me want to move off my tier 3 server so that I can solo. Here the smallest group size is about 10.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

Im in t4 so not really much difference :p gotta pick your fights tho

@ kimbald , lol :p

engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

@ kimbald , lol :p

if you bump, bump it with sillyness

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

When your bleeding begin to hit for 140+ and your burning for 800+ I feel bad for anything that’s hitting you! It’s some serious brutal daamge that get’s thrown at them!

It was some really awesome fights, awesome to watch! I loved the Two BB D/D elementalists that loved to press buttons when they had Confusion was gloruious! Thumps up from here! Would watch again!

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

I just love watching these. Makes me want to move off my tier 3 server so that I can solo. Here the smallest group size is about 10.

I’m in tier 2 and you can get these fights often there as well (Maybe not often). Like Mask said it’s all about picking your fights. Also in higher tiers you can get some really great fights defending camps early NA times, lots of fun. Its also about understanding that you will win some and lose some.

@ Mask: I noticed you have a different set up for underwater, namely EG. Have you tried swapping out Elixir H for Med Kit for the extra heal from the toolbelt? It can make a big difference in those types of fights. Also, I was originally using geomancy, and have since switched to Strength as well (Last I checked you were using earth), surprising difference overall.

Also lately I noticed I’ve been having some issues with Necro’s in small fights. They are kinda hard to burn down and tend to saturate me with conditions while the others supplement. Any advice on taking them out in groups? Lately I’ve been creating space (They are kinda slow) and picking off the others while the struggle to keep up.

Love your videos btw. I just upgraded my computer so I’m hoping to be able to post some roaming videos once I get everything figured out.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Tbh I enjoyed my Engineer more when I was on lower tiers too. Tier 1 it can be pretty tough and with the addition of another 100 people from each side things got a lot more crowded.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

Nice vid Mask, although I can’t help but notice your opponents are not that good :P Reviving a dead guy in the middle of a battle? whoa.. I do like your strategy with the elixir S though. I will have to start trying that out.

Goloith, T1 matches are quite difficult when you’re up against a zerg. The real problem is skill lag though, which is why I’ve given up on HGH. To many times I couldn’t trigger my elixirs and I was kitten the entire fight. It’s why I now use turrets since they do fire and pierce, adding a decent amount of extra dmg (if placed properly before combat!). I’ll switch to back to elixirs and bombs if it’s not that bad. Unlike Mask, I chose to go with condition duration instead of boon duration. 2x mad kings, 2x lyssa, 2x giver pistols, 30% condi duration in power trait, and a veggi pizza for an extra 36% for a total of 106%. Static shot, prybar, and confusion bomb add a lethal dose of confusion. There are tons of condi removers and notwithstanding their finite use, they too suffer from skill lag. I know when that happens because the bags just pile up at my feet. Nevertheless, when I play engie I feel like I’m more of a supportive role. Zerk warriors and bunker guardians can go in and level a group, but my engie helps keep pressure on them. Static shot is a such a fun AOE skill to troll from the edges, but if it’s getting rough, I’ll run into the thick of it and plant a confusion bomb. My going away present to the zerg

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Nice vid Mask, although I can’t help but notice your opponents are not that good :P Reviving a dead guy in the middle of a battle? whoa.. I do like your strategy with the elixir S though. I will have to start trying that out.

Goloith, T1 matches are quite difficult when you’re up against a zerg. The real problem is skill lag though, which is why I’ve given up on HGH. To many times I couldn’t trigger my elixirs and I was kitten the entire fight. It’s why I now use turrets since they do fire and pierce, adding a decent amount of extra dmg (if placed properly before combat!). I’ll switch to back to elixirs and bombs if it’s not that bad. Unlike Mask, I chose to go with condition duration instead of boon duration. 2x mad kings, 2x lyssa, 2x giver pistols, 30% condi duration in power trait, and a veggi pizza for an extra 36% for a total of 106%. Static shot, prybar, and confusion bomb add a lethal dose of confusion. There are tons of condi removers and notwithstanding their finite use, they too suffer from skill lag. I know when that happens because the bags just pile up at my feet. Nevertheless, when I play engie I feel like I’m more of a supportive role. Zerk warriors and bunker guardians can go in and level a group, but my engie helps keep pressure on them. Static shot is a such a fun AOE skill to troll from the edges, but if it’s getting rough, I’ll run into the thick of it and plant a confusion bomb. My going away present to the zerg

Do turrets work out for you in such big fights?
Whenever I try them in bigger battles, they die in a second or two, leaving me with the cooldown and a tool belt skill (if lucky)…
Not to mention the moving about such fights have. We often move longer ends following a commander, not hop around like you do in skirmishes.

Maybe I haven’t tried enough, but so far turrets haven’t worked for me in big fights.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

A lot of people run 2 runes from 3 rune sets to stack certain bonuses, such as the setup you have. I have a hunch they’re going to look at nerfing boon duration, particularly the rune stacking bit of it, so I’m a little hesitant to set my runes up that way. Not really sure what to use instead, but something like scholar’s or altruism looks nice.

As far as your runes go though, you might consider using Major Runes of Sanctuary instead of Major Runes of the Water. That would get you 15 vitality instead of 15 healing power, which is a much better tradeoff, especially for this build (I’ve lived with 2 HP once before, so an extra 150 is not bad). It will be a minor effect anyways, so I can understand if the purpose was just for easier gearing up (the sanctuary runes can be a bit annoying to get).

I’d also be interested in seeing fights without using consumables. While I don’t object to their presence, I feel it doesn’t really showcase the power of a build when it’s juiced up with consumables. If the performance in the videos is relatively similar without consumables, that would be that much more impressive.

Also, any chance of EBG roaming? Seems like your videos are always borderlands… although I guess there’s better opportunities for roaming there.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Wuffles.5319

Wuffles.5319

Hey guys, new vid:

I tried to gather the best possible footage for this video -was planning to take a few weeks gathering it- but my hard drive kindly reminded me to take it easy as storage space tends to be finite. So this is still not the absolutely best I can get but I hope it’s enjoyable, there’s no pure 1v1s or 1v2s, all fights feature at least 3 opponents, sometimes together, others in quick succession, other times from different servers, all 80s except a couple. You know, the usual :p
It came out a bit longer than I expected which is sad because I had a couple more good fights I wanted to include, maybe better than some of those there, but also longer or repetitive (I’ve been rightfully accused of living at foghaven).
I most likely won’t make a new one until the next patch and w/e it brings us, I might open an exception for one of those duel nights that have been happening lately on my current wvw matchup.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VVRR;2Z;0h0u53UFx0;9;5T9T;235B5;019Ar

2x superior runes of water + 2 x major runes of water + 2x superior runes of the monk
sigil of corruption + sigil of strength

full carrion armor right now, mixed jewel set (2x rampager, 1 x soldier, 2xrabid)
1x giver’s pistol 1xcarrion pistol
rare veggie pizza + master tuning crystal

total +50% condition duration +70% boon duration

previous vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos?flow=grid&view=0

Will you have my children O.O

But no seriously, always impressed at how you take on so many enemies. That’s some skill.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

AH EM GE your soundtracks, maska .. it’s like watching a contemporary the young ones!

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

1. very smooth fights and a deep classunderstanding – well played, really well done.
2. Awesome first track
3. dont wait till next patch :p

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

@ Mask: I noticed you have a different set up for underwater, namely EG. Have you tried swapping out Elixir H for Med Kit for the extra heal from the toolbelt? It can make a big difference in those types of fights. Also, I was originally using geomancy, and have since switched to Strength as well (Last I checked you were using earth), surprising difference overall.

Also lately I noticed I’ve been having some issues with Necro’s in small fights. They are kinda hard to burn down and tend to saturate me with conditions while the others supplement. Any advice on taking them out in groups? Lately I’ve been creating space (They are kinda slow) and picking off the others while the struggle to keep up.

Love your videos btw. I just upgraded my computer so I’m hoping to be able to post some roaming videos once I get everything figured out.

I use eg and elixir X underwater; eg #1 seems to have a faster cast time underwater (might be just my wrong impression) but I prefer EG to any other kit underwater for a number of reasons. it’s tough to find cover underwater and eg gives you some extra mobility, I’ve found eg #4 to be very good in a 3d enviroment. I dislike the way supply crate works underwater so I use elixir X, but ofc, sometimes the randomness ruins my plans. it’s still a decent way to tank, no matter what you get.
I can’t really use medkit with this build, a fully traited elixir H is better than an untraited medkit, it wouldnt be worth the extra healing.
I’m also using sigil of strength since a month or so ago.

Necros are tough, they can counter my spec very easily by using some utilities. elixir C works much better than 409 against most necros, another thing is to learn how to recognize and dodge their utilities since most of them are long casts. it’s also a good idea to ease in against them, meaning.. don’t dump everything you have on them at once and dont use all your boons at once either. they are also extremely susceptible to cc.

best of luck for your roaming recordings!

well, thats the dilemma, I either make an entertaining vid that most people enjoy and features the (not so) occasional mistake by some bellow average player or I fill it up with good 1v1s that no one really wants to see :p
worry not, I might make a duel session vid soon enough since its the latest craze in my current wvw match up.

I’d also be interested in seeing fights without using consumables. While I don’t object to their presence, I feel it doesn’t really showcase the power of a build when it’s juiced up with consumables. If the performance in the videos is relatively similar without consumables, that would be that much more impressive.

Also, any chance of EBG roaming? Seems like your videos are always borderlands… although I guess there’s better opportunities for roaming there.

consumables are a pretty big part of this build (really need that +40% condi duration from pizza); besides, its not like I’m using cheesy stuff like wayfarer buffs or skale venom, just the refular food and crystal most use anyway :<

dunno about ebg roaming, I don’t go there often, I might give it a try again.

AH EM GE your soundtracks, maska .. it’s like watching a contemporary the young ones!

Thanks! I guess (?) :p

and thank you everyone for your comments and praises.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

Haha I love at around the 9:50 mark you take down the engie and run over his mines. That’s got to be salt in the wound. I had the old Dave Chappelle Rick James skit in my head at that moment “Eff yo mines!” Haha.

Great video as always.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

added direct download link for those with gema issues or just wanting better quality.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6180260/Mask%27s%2010th.wmv

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Lanny.6987

Lanny.6987

Hmm. I’m carrion trinkets and using the armor for the other stats. When you get a chance would you fill out your current gear on gw2buildcraft.com? I can’t seem to incorporate ascended trinkets without taking a real hit to my power and I’m wondering how you are threading that needle.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

This is almost identical to my WvW set up. I use 2 Givers Pistols, and add Condition duration to 4 runes and boon duration to 2 runes. So I end up running 90% Condition Duration and 20% boon duration.

As to the build not working in T1 due to skill lag, I’d say that’s situational. The only time I have issues is in big 3 way fights with all three servers running massive zergs at the same time. In that case I swap out my Toolkit for FT and 111111111 until the skill lag lets up. People tend to complain about retaliation, but 409 alleviates that issue.

Even tactically in fights I work the same way as you. Knowing when to separate and reset is huge.

Edit: The other big difference between our build is probably Armor and jewelery set up. I run full P/T/V armor, Carrion Earrings, and a mix of Ascended.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

(edited by Tyaen.5148)

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Why stack 2 superior runes of water and 2 major runes of water? I haven’t an idea how these work so not trying to question your motives but learn the why instead of 4 superior runes for example.

BTW Awesome vid. It has my friend back to playing.

(edited by Bailey.6892)

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Tyaen.5148

@Bailey – Boon Duration stacking.

2X Major =10%
2X Sup = 15%
2X Sup Monk = 15%

Total = 40%

(edited by Tyaen.5148)

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Ahh thank you Tyaen,
Now I see why one would want to do that, I didn’t realize the stats from the major would stack with the superior.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Ahh thank you Tyaen,
Now I see why one would want to do that, I didn’t realize the stats from the major would stack with the superior.

we all fear that the next round of adjustments might be that runes of different sets no longer stack.
this would nerf the HGH condition build of engineers a lot. Since they use different sets to stack might duration, and as each might lasts longer… you stack more of them as they get refreshed.
This is how they can achieve 25 stacks. Runes of different sets are a big part of that.

Same thing for condition duration: runes also get stacked there to reach 100%

Many fear they will simply not allow them to stack effects anymore… but let’s cry over that if and when it happens

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

Hmm. I’m carrion trinkets and using the armor for the other stats. When you get a chance would you fill out your current gear on gw2buildcraft.com? I can’t seem to incorporate ascended trinkets without taking a real hit to my power and I’m wondering how you are threading that needle.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/engineer/?2.1|a.1m.h1b.a.1h.h5|0.0.0.0.0.0|1h.b1h.1h.b1h.1h.71h.1h.71h.1o.71g.1h.b1g|21n.0.2u.d14.2w.d12.21n.0.1o.63.2w.d12|0.u46c.a6.u2ab.0|30.d|2b.2g.2j.2x.30|e

I forgot I still had one rabid armor piece.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Siofra Crumble.2098

Siofra Crumble.2098

Nice vid once again Mask.
I listened with sound this time! First song was great, didn’t like the others all that much, but that’s a minor detail.

I see Baruch Bay haven’t stepped up their game much since we had a match up with them. (Not saying they are all bad, but I noticed some lost souls in the vid)

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Graybes.8251

Graybes.8251

Hey Mask, what makes you choose condition damage over let’s say 100% condition duration?

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Lanny.6987

That question has come up before, Graybes. Boils down to basically feeling that reaching for 100% duration takes away too much from the rest of the build. 50% is almost trivial to get (Giver’s pistol + Rare Veggie Pizza) while 100% takes more work on gear and runes to achieve.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Tyaen.5148

There is a middle ground that allows for both.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Reven.6750

Reven.6750

I prefer condition damage myself. When fighting condition duration engineers, with my build, I have no trouble winning. I’m not sold on duration being the end all configuration for an engineer.

80 Engineer, 80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Elementalist, 80 Mesmer – [Mach] on Tarnished Coast

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Tyaen.5148

I prefer condition damage myself. When fighting condition duration engineers, with my build, I have no trouble winning. I’m not sold on duration being the end all configuration for an engineer.

Either works. You winning is more about your skill than your build. I win a lot on all my builds. Some are easier to win with than others :-)

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

I go 50% duration and not 100% because I really having +70% boon duration. I feel I get more from that than I would from condition duration. Thats not the same as saying this is superior or inferior to going 100% duration, it just means I like it more and it fits my (and my groups) playstyle better.

both are good, both have their weaknesses and strengths. check goloiths and amadeus posts for some great 100% duration builds if you are interested. and quite honestly, the way we can stack confusion right now, +100% is probably unbeatable in a 1v1, just maybe not as good in a 6v2 :p

edit: took the direct download link down as the traffic limit was reached. Will set it back up when I can. unless someone can point me to a free hosting site.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

I like how you lay down glue shot and then nails when being pursued. It’s a perfect example of Parthian Tactics. Engineers are annoying and unpredictable, and I love them for that.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Tyaen.5148

Alright Mask, you convinced me to switch back to 70% Boon and 60% Condition Duration. Happy now?

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

I like how you lay down glue shot and then nails when being pursued. It’s a perfect example of Parthian Tactics. Engineers are annoying and unpredictable, and I love them for that.

ah! parthian tactic! :p
now thats funny since I described it recently as the way of the mongol. feint retreat, turn around, kill.
but yea, I agree, skirmishing, hit and run, dipping, disengaging, w/e you want to call it, is where I feel I’m at my best.

Alright Mask, you convinced me to switch back to 70% Boon and 60% Condition Duration. Happy now?

Im not trying to convince anyone :<

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Lanny.6987

You don’t have to actively try, Maskaganda. You lead by example. I bet more folks than just me started an Engineer specifically to play your build after watching one of your videos.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Tyaen.5148

ah! parthian tactic! :p
now thats funny since I described it recently as the way of the mongol. feint retreat, turn around, kill.
but yea, I agree, skirmishing, hit and run, dipping, disengaging, w/e you want to call it, is where I feel I’m at my best.

Im not trying to convince anyone :<

Just teasing you. I actually ran the spec a while back. I switched again last night. Fortunately water runes are cheap.

Now I’m fiddling with the traits a bit. I’m beginning to think Coated Bullets isn’t needed anymore, so I’m trying some things with that slot.

I’ve also tried getting rid of Cloaking Device, but I like it too much.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Climax.2034

Climax.2034

hei mask,

i would like to ask you for your position for this trait change:

do you think coated bullets is rly that needed? instead i think it might be possible to set the last 10 points from firearms to explosives to get the incendiary powder trait. this way i lose the pierce shot and the 5 % dmg against bleeding foes for the crappy bomb on dodge and 33% burning on crit. statwise i would lose 74 precision, 36 cond dmg and 64 vitality, but gain 164 power if i swap the givers weapon for a rampagers.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

coated bullets and the extra range trait are very situational, they are not mandatory for the build at all. you can do just fine with only 10 points in firearms for the reduced cooldowns.

I find that coated bullets are great at stopping/delaying resses, I dont use it in s/tpvp and I regret it often.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

coated bullets and the extra range trait are very situational, they are not mandatory for the build at all. you can do just fine with only 10 points in firearms for the reduced cooldowns.

I find that coated bullets are great at stopping/delaying resses, I dont use it in s/tpvp and I regret it often.

for me they give me some versatility in WvW.
They are usefull in smaller fights, they shine versus groups of stupid npc’s like Hylek on the move, camp veterans etc…
But nope: they are not mandatory for that.

But as I join a blob or zerg, I at least have something to use there to it’s fullest without retraiting.
Call them the poor man’s grenades at that point

Bit of versatality, nothing more. Nothing less either.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

Nice vid!
Great Music!
Good Times!

I just can’t bring myself to use a On Kill Stat Stacking Sigil.
For 2 reasons.

1. - I tend to play pretty risky and alot of times will enter in fights where I know I will get downed, especially when I grab Elixir R instead of S and I actually try to use getting downed as a tactic. So it really sucks when it feels like you get smacked with a -250 stat condition.
  1. - I also tend to prioritize players that have full stacks if I can. At least to get them down and I already feel like I draw enough focus from enemies, specially after a few victories.

PPL with full stacks also tend to break and run alot sooner which means they basically just bowed to me and unless the are an Ele I am coming to get them!

So I think I just have Force on right now for the xtra 5% dmg along with Strength.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

Thank you and yea, you are right, sometimes stat stacking sigils are pretty useless. I actually don’t prioritize people running them but now that you mention it I probably should.

I don’t run from fights just to keep the stacks tho :p

what I’ve been doing recently is sometimes when I get stomped and have to release I just go kill some coyotes next to the southeast borderlands spawn by the vista. I dont grind them all the way to 25 stacks, I just grab a few (they multiply like wolves do) and kill them, usually gettting 7-12 stacks for 30 seconds worth of pve right outside the spawn.

And I have used Force before for a long time before I switched to corruption, I might actually get one again just for duels (there’s a cross server dueling guild around for my latest 3 wvw match ups and I keep getting invited to participate.. and some frown upon stat stacking sigils).

@kimbald , I just really love piercing poison darts at melee range when someone is trying to revive, especially combined with blowtorch. it doesn’t seem much but that alone makes coated bullets justifiable for me.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Lanny.6987

I’ll add the observation that, having just played up a Ranger, I really missed piercing shots while leveling and when I got into WvW I had to switch to a build that used them. (Yes. I admit it. I made my Ranger on an Engineer’s frame. If you keep in mind that your bullets are coated and try to set up the geometry for them you’ll find you get a LOT of use out of them. Pet classes; trying to nail a thief while that warrior is in your face; nailing Dolyaks on camp flips. They might be more useful than you are thinking.

Of course there’s a trivial test. Run without the Coated Bullets for a week or so and see what you think. For me I find them a must.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Maullus.1273

Maullus.1273

On-Kill stacking sigils are a must for me. +250 is just too kitten good to ignore. I run with two sets of pistols: carrion/giver, both of Corruption, then Carrion/Giver of Strength/Force. I hit max stacks twice as fast, and there is little disincentive to take risks as a result. If I go down, well, swap back to double Corruption and build ‘em back up. I haven’t noticed that I draw more aggro as a result… just being red is usually sufficient.

Mad Maullix
Tarnished Coast
Panic Time!

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

I did some testing again and ended up deciding for sigil of battle over sigil of strength.
I know alot of you already use it and some even suggested it but I’ve been short in gold to test it properly :p
I thought that sigil of strength would be better against several targets but not even. fighting the same group of mobs (camp veterans for example) I’d get up to 19 stacks with battle vs max 15-16 with strength, even without micromanaging the cooldowns.

I’ve also made a duel build, dropping rifled barrels and coated bullets for incendiary powder and enhanced performance.

I’m still planning on showing you some pre-arranged duels against good opponents but I’ve been lazy to record them :p

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

So mask, I know in the past you’ve said that you don’t a lot of zerging, but what are your thoughts on your build’s performance in a zerg?

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

I run a build similar to Mask’s in WvW and like him I try to avoid big zerg fights.

When I do find myself about to enter a huge zerg battle I will usually trade out TK for FT or Bombkit.
Grenades are one of the hardest skills to get off under skill lag and reflection with retaliation and confusion will make you destroy yourself.

If you happen to have Coated Bullets you will be able to tag a good amount of enemies with just your Pistols, if not then FT or BK can be usefull to spam amid the stupid lagball of dumbness you decided to participate in.

If I forget to switch out TK then I just take a different approach and try to skirt and circle the outside of the fight and apply confusion to the bottish spammy enemies tht just stand there.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Lanny.6987

I run Maskaganda’s build and it works fine in the zerg. There is little more enjoyable than picking out a target, bursting them down, spiking them while people are trying to res them AND bust you, and making it out alive.

That said it is still a single-target attrition build. You’ll need to concentrate on your target. Make your move when they are low enough that static shot (blinding those nearby) and blowtorch are gonna do em in. Start the stomp first, then elixer S. And I think only elixer C let’s me get out in one piece. But yeah. It plays exactly the same against 50 as it does against 1. You’re opinion may differ if that’s “fine for the zerg”.

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

well, considering the various guilds zerg v zerg vids I’ve seen around, people just call target on a friendly leader and follow him around mindlessly spamming aoe. I guess a bomb, grenade or ft version of this build would work fine for that, the tk one not so much.
if its a less organized zerg vs zerg I guess there’s no problem as you can single people out, pull them towards you and watch them melt as they try to escape.

it definetly shines more in zerg busting situations or small scale roaming in my opinion, but I my lack the experience in zerging :p

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Monkeymonger.9235

Monkeymonger.9235

Hi, i started an engi a few days ago after watching your videos. So far the only 1v1 i lost was to a mesmer that used a phantasmal build [+health/damage, survival utilities].
I always brought him to 10-20%, but at this point he had berserker/duelists out and stealthed away. Do you have any advice for how to fight this build?

Also great videos ofc!

Mask's 10th wvw vid

in Engineer

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

I have a question. Why cloaking device instead of say, protective shield as the 10 point major in inventions?

3 seconds protection every time someone crits you (20s CD) vs invisibility when immobilised.

I find that the protection is invaluable at times. Especially running such low armour as you do.

Aurora Glade [EU]