Mask's wvw solo roaming vid #7291

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

Hai!

It was time to clean my hdd again so here is a new vid.

1vX stuff always against at least two level 80s, I tried to pick entertaining stuff so not necessarily the highest skill stuff here. Even so, I think some fights were pretty hard, tho it might not always show it.

build is 20-10-10-30-0, exploit weakness+ip, hairtrigger, prot injection and the typical elixir stuff. sometimes cloaking device, sometimes AR.

hope you find it fun to watch, cheers and mucho <3

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Your video has apparently been blocked due to copywrite infringement.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Mighty Favazz.1546

Mighty Favazz.1546

Dude.
Samuel Jackson at the beginning is your signature. Very disappointed.
I would like to suggest one thing.
I typically run healing turret. When I do I always make a point of running med kit under water. Saves my behind many times.

But good stuff as always.

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Wonderful. Engi is such a diverse class. How can others stand not being Engi.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Ah, nice to see another one of these. Your videos are what got me started on roaming in WvW.

A few questions:

1. Are you using primarily carrion gear or rabid these days? If carrion, I’m curious if you’ve ever considered using empowering adrenaline instead of exploit weakness. I suppose it can just come down to a matter of preference.

2. Given that they’ve mentioned putting the rune bonuses further up the sets (i.e. no more three sets of two runes for super boon duration), what are you planning to do about your rune configuration (assuming the overall bonuses of the rune sets don’t change significantly)? I’m currently running 6 runes of the noble, which fits this sort of build well since it boosts condi damage and adds a lot of might duration, but something like runes of altruism could also work.

3. Don’t you miss coated bullets? I guess it’s just really hard to break away from IP.

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

will have to watch when I get home from work, I think hgh engineers will flourish after the next balance patch.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

Your video has apparently been blocked due to copywrite infringement.

sorry, must be a regional thing, most others can watch it. what country are you from?

Dude.
Samuel Jackson at the beginning is your signature. Very disappointed.
I would like to suggest one thing.
I typically run healing turret. When I do I always make a point of running med kit under water. Saves my behind many times.

But good stuff as always.

eh, I did drop mister jackson this time, won’t happen again!

hm, I see, so the toolbelt refreshes and you can chain 2 heals? the normal 6 skill and then f1 underwater? I’ll give it a try

thanks!

1. Are you using primarily carrion gear or rabid these days? If carrion, I’m curious if you’ve ever considered using empowering adrenaline instead of exploit weakness. I suppose it can just come down to a matter of preference.

2. Given that they’ve mentioned putting the rune bonuses further up the sets (i.e. no more three sets of two runes for super boon duration), what are you planning to do about your rune configuration (assuming the overall bonuses of the rune sets don’t change significantly)? I’m currently running 6 runes of the noble, which fits this sort of build well since it boosts condi damage and adds a lot of might duration, but something like runes of altruism could also work.

3. Don’t you miss coated bullets? I guess it’s just really hard to break away from IP.

1.I’m using carrion armor and rabid trinkets for the most part. a rampager and a soldier piece here and there to keep the stats where I like them. Still more power than cd.
empowering adrenaline works and I used it for a while when testing stuff after the ip move. it’s a matter of preference really, I like exploit weakness because it adds another condition at a crucial point in a fight, together with the throw wrench vuln it helps hiding burn and/or confusion from cleanses. also helps with chasing down players.
I even tried acidic elixirs but getting revealed for tossing elixir S was just too dumb.

2. my guess is either monk or water or sanctuary will have a 40% boon duration bonus for 5 or 6 pieces. noble, altruism, adventurer could all work, plus w/e new stuff they introduce. better to just wait and see :p

3. well, coated bullets was always getting removed from my traits anyway :p
most time I played solo I went 20 in inventions for both cloaking device and prot on crit while having heal recharged at 25%, that was awesome for duels and roaming.
what hurt me more by not going coated bullets is that my contribution in a group of 4-5 against 10ish is way too small to be effective; the pull into prybar and assist train of death still works but most those situations require aoe to get a win. if Im well supported I may go bombs+nades celestial+zerker, but I normally swap to whatever class fits best for what we need, normally guardian :p
this build was always hard to justify in a full supported 5 man group, which has 25 stacks of might, trivial cleanses, perma retal and so on anyway. without coated bullets me and my group are better off with me doing something else :p

thanks guys <3

engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

in Engineer

Posted by: Mighty Favazz.1546

Mighty Favazz.1546

Na, just meant that you can use the med kit bags to heal up while turret is on cool down.
The main heal for med kit (f1) shares the cool down for skill 6, but you are allowed to use the kits.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

United States, and yeah, the error I’m getting says it is blocked in my country.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I even tried acidic elixirs but getting revealed for tossing elixir S was just too dumb.

Ugh, tell me about it. I actually felt this would be a goto trait for 10 explosives in this kind of build, but the instant reveal completely ruins it. If it wasn’t for that, I would quite possibly use it though since the discrete boon stripping can be a rather nifty thing to have access to.

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

Na, just meant that you can use the med kit bags to heal up while turret is on cool down.
The main heal for med kit (f1) shares the cool down for skill 6, but you are allowed to use the kits.

yea, thought so :p

United States, and yeah, the error I’m getting says it is blocked in my country.

:( I can try to reupload a version with no music I guess.

Ugh, tell me about it. I actually felt this would be a goto trait for 10 explosives in this kind of build, but the instant reveal completely ruins it. If it wasn’t for that, I would quite possibly use it though since the discrete boon stripping can be a rather nifty thing to have access to.

yep, I thought it could be a decent way to remove the very long stabilities on transformations or ranger elite, but getting revealed for something that hits for 150 dmg … I wonder if that was even tested. Especially stupid for stomps: toss s for stealth, get revealed, get stomp interrupted :\ has some use in duels against power necros when they go lich I guess. probably better to just cripple and run out of range :p

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

neat video, i to wanted to use acidic elixirs and had the same problem i just use accelerant packed turrets now so my elite makes a good cc field

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

not sure if it’s worth it with the 3 min cooldown. it is fun tho :p

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

very impressive. I started to watch the video and at first I was like : he is killing someone who does not fight. wow…. but you kill and kill and kill. Impressive. Gonna test your build in sPvP

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

some of the kill sprees were longer, the first fight is actually a 10 minute fight which I only showed the last 3-4 mins. before that I was fighting and kiting that trio of guardian/necro/thief, killed them a few times but could never fully wipe them, necro had spite, dhumfire and terror and thief was full zerker which made me go on the defensive too much. I had just escaped when the clip starts.

I think there’s better choices for spvp tho

@ukuni I tried accelerant packed turrets in some duels, results were fun, very useful trait against some classes. still not really worth it for roaming I think.

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)