Mechanical devourer suit, new engineer elite?

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

So, have people given that devourer suit a spin? You can find it in the west end of the new area of the Silverwastes. It seems quite fitting as a new engineer elite skill.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

I rarely dip into PvE…
can you link or describe the skills?

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

digiowl.9620

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

yea, already found it myself in the meantime on the wiki, but thx for the fast response.

anyways, these are the same thingies you can transform yourself into in eotm, and IF we ever get the chance to use it as class elites, skill 2 needs to be striped from dealing siege-dmg, skill 3&4 need their cooldowns to be reduced drastically and the transformation itself needs a timer somewhere between 15sec and 30sec.

Overall I think its kinda meh. perfect artwork for the engi, but we already have 1(2) transformations as elite-skill, and we all know why only so few run them…
cough niche cough

in Engineer

digiowl.9620

Well one gets avoided for its fixed location, and the other is RNG in deciding what form you get…

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

Sorry if I was a bit unclear, I did not even consider mortar with it^^
I was just reffering on the rng chance of either getting Tornado or the brute.

welp, now that i think about it:
delete elixir X in favor for a useful elixir-elite and give us the devourer as gadget-elite. I’d be fine with that change, since it gives us a) a viable class-unique transform and b) a potentially awesome new elixir-elite.
Best possible option: elixir X now grants 20sec of stability. even without any other boons, I’d drool myself over a valid stability-option.

in Engineer

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

Engineer equipped with mobile siege capabilities is something I’ve wanted for awhile. It just makes so much sense for the class! Replace mortar with this suit.

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Sorry if I was a bit unclear, I did not even consider mortar with it^^
I was just reffering on the rng chance of either getting Tornado or the brute.

welp, now that i think about it:
delete elixir X in favor for a useful elixir-elite and give us the devourer as gadget-elite. I’d be fine with that change, since it gives us a) a viable class-unique transform and b) a potentially awesome new elixir-elite.
Best possible option: elixir X now grants 20sec of stability. even without any other boons, I’d drool myself over a valid stability-option.

I’d love if our elixir elite functioned like rampage as one, I think it would be totally viable then, I’d also love for the mortar to be a viable kit so I could run a 4 elixir hgh build and still have a weapon swap I’d totally run a 2/6/0/6/0 or 4/4/0/6/0 hgh build in spvp with the usual goodies and that res elixir with a mortar kit.

on the note of getting that mechanical scorp as an elite, come on engineers only get nice stuff if it follows the meta (source: gadget gm trait)

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube