Med Kit Issues

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

The team is aware of a bug with the engineer’s Medkit #1 skill “Med Blaster” that causes it to perform more powerfully than intended. In order to take time to correct this and prevent the use of this skill in its current form, Medkit #1 has been temporarily disabled. Once this issue is addressed, the skill will again be available for engineers.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

Can you please keep it around 500 hp per skill use? Then i may think i would use it,since i don’t really like the overwork ,that much at all.Also what about our Quickness Tower ?

Give it a bigger buff than 36 %

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I don’t even know what the bug is but this is hilarious!

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

I understand that you want it weaker than Druids Celestial form #1 since that is their class mechanic and they have to build up to use the form. But considering how we can’t heal ourself, have shorter range, and affect fewer targets, Med Blaster having a similar healing output to Cosmic Ray (1600 hp/s) should be fine.

As it stands, even with the 36% buff (isn’t even a 36 hp buff), it is not useable in any gameplay scenario. You will never save players or NPCs with this heal, trust me I have tried and seen my friends die thanks to its horrible ineffectiveness. To me, the kit mechanic represent the engineers ability to prepare specialized tools to deal with niche situations. It is how we become jack of all trades, master of none , players ready for the unexpected. Even if I rarely end up in a situation where someone in my group is low on health and have their healing skills on cooldown, knowing that I have the tools to save the day when it happens is what makes playing engineer rewarding. But we don’t have the tools, or at least, the medkit is not that tool, but it should be, because it does nothing else.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Ederyn.3107

Ederyn.3107

It unbelievable how fast you devs are when an engineer bug is on our favor. Now that you strangely appeared on this forum can you please have a look to the other 40 bugs that are NOT on our favor?

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

Ederyn, to tell the truth piercing god granade was there for quite some time, and they actualy only insta disable mechanism that are outright broken and damaging the game’s health even more.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Ederyn.3107

Ederyn.3107

Ederyn, to tell the truth piercing god granade was there for quite some time, and they actualy only insta disable mechanism that are outright broken and damaging the game’s health even more.

Im sorry maybe i espressed my self not that good. Actually im happy the removed the bugged #1 Medkit ( no one would use it any way..)… But i would be much more happy if they show us a little bit more love and more fast answers about the many bugs we still got.

And obviusly i would like to hear more news from Irenio..

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

The team is aware of a bug with the engineer’s Medkit #1 skill “Med Blaster” that causes it to perform more powerfully than intended. In order to take time to correct this and prevent the use of this skill in its current form, Medkit #1 has been temporarily disabled. Once this issue is addressed, the skill will again be available for engineers.

Considering the state of the med kit, the kit itself should be disabled until completed rework

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

It seems this bug was only working with certain trait setup or number of boons on affected allies.

My engineer friend was getting crazy 5-7k heals with medkit #1 in WvWvW. While I was getting just 100 per tick in the exact same time in the same map, despite my character had more healing power!

5k+ heal from single channel of medkit #1 is of course too much, but 100 heal per tick is way too little. The real number should be closer to 300-400 hp/s without healing power to make it viable. Above 500 hp/s, it becomes too good to be true.

Please make medkit #1 more usable. It now auto targets enemies instead of allies and the cone is way too narrow, making it easy to miss allies, while attempting to heal. Make it also affect/heal the engineer. While using that skill the engineer is not contributing anything else to the combat. So even heal like 200-250 hp/s is really NOT worth it. In 99% situations it makes more sense to use other skills or simply attack. Engineer can easily dish out 1k-5k AoE DPS.

Medkit skills #2-5 are horribly clumsy to use in their current form. It is very cumbersome to ground target and throw the vials and very easy to miss them in the heat of the battle, since their hit box is way too tiny. They vanish too quickly. The delays from some of these skills are down right horrible. I often throw medkit #2-5 vial in 200-500 range in front of me and run over it, yet later notice the vial did not activate and I need to backpedal to activate it. This might be another BUG.

None of the allies really notice to use them and I cannot blame them: circa 600 is a tiny heal and affects just one ally. Compare this with e.g. shout heals from warrior which have instant cast and much larger radius, super easy to use, don’t distract the ability to fight, heal more and affect up to 5 allies.

Medkit #1 and medkit toolbelt skill, bandage self, are all very prone to being interrupted due their relatively long cast times. I have been literally interrupted hundreds of times while trying to use bandage self.

None of this is a “learn to play issue”. I have spent 2500 hours using medkit, couple of hundreds hours after the patch.

Thank you!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

Med kit < Bunker down cough Sometimes ppls love you for bunker down more than using medi kit.Nice design , but it need a rework from skills ….

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

2-5 skills should be aoe effects with a short field that applies their buff to those that enter the field before it vanishes.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Dont even bother with fixing med blaster just copy paste #2 skill in #1, remove all groundtargeting, buff bandage self to 7k and fix the mechanized deployment (15% toolbelt recharge reduction) bug.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: paladinecho.3024

paladinecho.3024

Honestly, what common sense person would use heal blaster? It doesn’t even heal the user. Also Engi is known for its DPS and that would be taking a reliable DPS out of the fight. I don’t know anyone who likes med blaster and even if they DOUBLED the amount of HP it gives, I don’t think the skill will ever find its way onto my bar because of how horrible it is. 500 HP? Also what this does is since the game doesn’t reward healers for being pure heals in combat, expect to get alot less gold and blow your chance at a legendary weapon. That 36% increase does not motivate me use the skill one bit.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

seriously what the kitten med blast is by far the weakest heal ingame its weaker than even the passive heal when attacking passives from thief ele and necro , as it stands med kit is completely useless in any important scenario

the first skill’s low healing is unjustified it has short range, does not damage foes does not heal the caster

an elementalist with a staff using water auto attack with no healing power AOE heals more than an engineer with 1200+ healing power using med blast and said water attack has over 1000 range and is an offensive skill

the other skills only affect one target so good luck being useful in a group for being an idiot and not sticking to the healing turret wich is the only heal devs want us to use

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Nova Pint Kiosk.7085

Nova Pint Kiosk.7085

The #1 skill needs a major buff, 250 hp/s on a 3 part chain, with the chain providing multiple buffs throughout the chain. Something like protection for 3s, vigor for 3s, 1x condition removal. This allows us to follow our target to heal and give them perma protection and vigor if we can stay on them and if we are dealing literally 0 damage. Once we stop, the boons would fade very quickly. This also gives us 1 condition removal every 3 seconds for allies only. Plus, would let you use something like 3 different fancy mist effects to make it look totally cool. We would be doing close to what Ele water staff auto healing does, only ours is a smaller cone, does not effect us, and applies boons to allies instead of damage to enemies. I think this is more fair than what it currently is. [Note: this assumes a 1s normalized total cast for each part of the chain, where as it is currently longer than that. something like 1.5 seconds or 1.25 I forget]

Skills #2-5 should act as the throw mine does, throw it down in an area and have a detonation radius and effect radius that is larger. Allow us to press it again to detonate it. Currently throwing to throw them at someones feet is hard, and honestly getting them to correctly pick up while running sucks too. A larger activation field, being able to blow it up if they’re in the range but just outsitde of activation, and it being AoE would make these skills very useful tools, which they should be since we are giving up literally any damage while using this.

I feel that with these changes, it would actually be a powerful tool available to keep our allies alive.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Ughh I was so stoked about using my full medic build in SW for example… Now I cant :< I hope you fix it asap, I have faith in you!

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Medkit was i overpowered, at least for some hours, lets praise the God of Kits!

Now back to Medi Kit uselessness

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

med kit was nvr meant to be competitive. its great at low lvl and dont have access to good traits which later replace all the boons this kit provides.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

paladinecho.3024

Should bring back them healing bombs so I can dps while I heal. Everything else is weak.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

med kit was nvr meant to be competitive. its great at low lvl and dont have access to good traits which later replace all the boons this kit provides.

Great at low levels? Does the 4-healing-per-tick make that big a difference when just starting out?

The class is always greener on the other side.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Synosius.9876

Great at low levels? Does the 4-healing-per-tick make that big a difference when just starting out?

its nice for swiftness

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

I was under the impression that it saw some use in PvP before the patch that butchered it.
Also it being good for only providing swiftness before lvl 21 is rather pathetic. It’s not even permanent swiftness.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Synosius.9876

heres a quick vid I made trying to use the med kit throw bandages on some random unsuspecting player in hotm. he manages to skillfully avoid about 3/4ths of them…

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Medkit can’t be fixed by adjusting numbers. It doesn’t matter if it’s getting a bugfix or not, neither if it gets buffed or nerfed into oblivion. The whole skill set is just unusable and not viable in any gamemodes in the slightest ways.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

I was under the impression that it saw some use in PvP before the patch that butchered it.
Also it being good for only providing swiftness before lvl 21 is rather pathetic. It’s not even permanent swiftness.

Nah, not really. The most important thing about pre-patch Med Kit was that swapping into it was considered activating your heal.

Once that was removed, the kit lost all practical value.

The entire point of the re-work was to make it useful to someone.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

if you want to be a medic you need to use… turrets, turrets do not scale with your damage as far as i know and thus are increadibly powerful when at minimum power levels. generally rifle/rocket for lots of damage without doing anything and the other turrets if you want to utility. might want to keep a toolkit handy aswell tho…

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

I see patch notes say its fixed. Is it now?
And since we have a red post here about it: are you planning a rework on it for actual support on 2~5 for multiple allies?:)

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Lol who uses medkit? Might be useful in a roleplaying group.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: SnowCow.5914

SnowCow.5914

Whelp, just tested after patch aaaaaaaand it’s crap…
Back to healing turrent

Can’t win team fight’s without me; can’t hold points without me. #BunkerGuardLife
Teszla

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

i like this…..rp rofl

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

I use often, I like the boons I’m getting from it, resistance and the lowish CD on swiftness is nice. I would use another heal, but I’m too used to using F1 as my mean heal on engie, and I’m not that good at changing habits.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

paladinecho.3024

Whelp, just tested after patch aaaaaaaand it’s crap…
Back to healing turrent

Still laughing cause this is the truth. I hope they get more trolls since removing Elixir bombs. I really can’t see a good use for medkit at all in comparison to the other skills. Even the AED is more effective than the medkit… Laughing at the comment but still sad they removed Elixir Infused Bombs for this trash.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: steinnovels.9675

steinnovels.9675

The Med kit does too little healing in high level areas for it to be of any actual supportive value. It’s 1 skill does heal on a no cool down, but for its cast time It is just too under powered for it to be of any actual help. 113 base heal, traited and geared for healing power is underwhelming at best, triple the base healing and then it might see some play, but when you have an average damage of 1200 per hit coming in, 113 healing +13 per boon will not help anyone’s survival chances. If this is the post 36% buff to base healing then it will still see little to no use in any game type, ever.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

steinnovels.9675

Additionally, If the 1 skill were changed to leave even a 1 second water field on use then it would see much more use.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

steinnovels.9675

How about changing the 2 -5 skills to be like a mini version of the supply drop elite’s toolbelt skill. Where you have a larger ground target, and throw out more than 1 item.
This would make those support skills actually mean something for group support.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

How about changing the 2 -5 skills to be like a mini version of the supply drop elite’s toolbelt skill. Where you have a larger ground target, and throw out more than 1 item.

IMO any direction that continues to include ground targeted consumables is the wrong direction.

Jade Quarry

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

steinnovels.9675

IMO any direction that continues to include ground targeted consumables is the wrong direction.

I can see your point. An other idea would be to pulse out a short field with a 300 range that grants the same effect that skills 2-5 grant to up to 5 targets.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

steinnovels.9675

Personally, I think that if you use the Med Kit you are giving up almost all of your offensive capability to provide support and how it functions now it punishes you for doing so. You give up the ability to harm foes to perform the worst active healing in the game for no reward. If ANet wanted people to use the kit they should make it rewarding to do so.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Personally, I think that if you use the Med Kit you are giving up almost all of your offensive capability to provide support and how it functions now it punishes you for doing so. You give up the ability to harm foes to perform the worst active healing in the game for no reward. If ANet wanted people to use the kit they should make it rewarding to do so.

That is exactly the problem.

If I’m giving up all offense spending the time purely on healing then it better be some solid healing. Currently it is not. I see two possibilities add damage to the cast and maybe a stack of like 3-5s bleeding, or turn the healing up.

Then the 2-5 skills need to just be AE skills, the functionality of dropping a pack is a neat idea, it had some niche uses when they were stronger and lasted longer, but really it’s just too funky to utilize well.

I made a point of trying to figure out how I could use this thing. I used it almost the entire time I was leveling my 3rd engi (oldschool way except with a lvl 20 scroll). I just couldn’t make it work reasonably, it felt too clunky.

If just making the 2-5 AE is deemed too powerful add longer cooldowns to them. I really don’t think they’d be out of line though.

I think they were on the right track with how it was changed, it just needs some more oomph and QoL tweaks.

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

steinnovels.9675

What is ironic is that an engineer with a superior sigil of water, and the flamethrower does more healing than Med Kit 1. That only has a 30% chance on hit with a 5 second cool down and it still out performs the Med Kit.

(edited by steinnovels.9675)

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

I like the suggestion that was going around a little while back where skills 2-5 are “injections” to your Med Blaster. Each one enhances the Blaster heal and maybe adds a condition to enemies hit or something, and a better effect to allies. Each effect has a duration of 5-8 seconds or so and a cooldown of 15-30 depending on strength. Skills may also have an on activation/expiration effect. Also get rid of the “extra heals for boons” thing.

Here’s some quick ideas that try to keep the theme of what the thrown skills already do…

Throw Bandages becomes an injection to your Med Blaster that cures conditions on an interval. Say it lasts 6s and cures 1 condition every 2s. On expiration it applies a short resistance boon, 3s or so.

Throw Stimulant injects your Med Blaster with Fury. You apply Fury every 3s for 9s, maybe 4s duration so you are incentivized to keep using it to keep Fury up. On activation allies next 2 attacks will be critical hits or something.

Throw Accelerant now injects your Blaster with the ability to apply Swiftness and Aegis. This pulses every 4s for 8s, let’s say the Aegis only lasts 3s or so while the Swfitness can be 5s or 6s. We don’t want to become reliable Aegis bots and we don’t need that, but this would be a nice reactive skill when you know a big attack is coming. On activation of this injection all movement impairing conditions are cleared in an area around you.

Throw Antidote doesn’t deal with conditions anymore, we have that already with the Throw Stimulant change. This skill is now used to provide burst healing, it will increase your heal far more than the other injections (I’m thinking like twice as much) for maybe 6s. On activation grant 5s of Protection. This is the long cooldown skill that you can really use to make Med Kit keep people alive. Could add something more interesting like the Engi absorbs 20% of all allies damage and this skill now heals the Engi as well instead of the larger heal.

Obviously this could be either crazy OP or still useless based on the healing numbers. I’d make the base Med Blaster something like 300 HPS base. Each skill buffs it up to about 450 HPS except for the #5 which puts it at 6-700 HPS.

Well this was way more than I ever wanted to write about the Med Kit… But This makes the Med Kit worth staying in if your group needs some serious help, it’s not overpowered and stepping on “main healer” roles of Ventari/Druid, and retains the utility inherent to kits.

Jade Quarry

Med Kit Issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Forsaken.4215

Forsaken.4215

It is okay MF DOOM does not need healing

kenjutsu