Med Kit suggestion

Med Kit suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I think that 2-5 should have increased cooldown but they throw multiple med kits at once.

This way:

• Medkit can be a fire and forget.
  • Medkit can be more supportive than before.

Medkit auto-attack should be the healing bombs that explodes to damage foes and heal allies. It would revive the old healing bomb build that engis had, except with medkits. In WvW zerging, a medic would be dropping healing bombs at the zerg to keep them alive like the old Elixir Infused bomb trait did.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Med Kit suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Multiple pickups: Hm… That would also potentially allow for one person to pick all of them up for quite a pileup of boons and healing. Could get to be a bit too powerful, and reducing their effectiveness to avoid such a situation would just make the whole thing pointless for groups again.

I recall hearing that the original intention was to make some sort of “buff pylon” skill with it. That could probably work quite well, I think: Simply make each skill a pylon, each of which will apply its effects to anyone who runs over it, but only once per person. Doesn’t make it overpowered for a solo Engineer, but makes it usable for groups of people who understand that they need to touch it to benefit.

Auto-attack healing bombs: I’d certainly like healing bombs back, but to be perfectly honest, I’d love to see the auto-attack stay as this healing mist, just with an amount of healing that actually means something. I understand that the benefit of Elixir-Infused Bombs is doling out damage while healing, but it’d be nice to see a focused healing approach come about, so long as it’s not an absolute waste of time.

The class is always greener on the other side.

Med Kit suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I really like this idea, especially bringing back healing bombs. Currently the 1 skill on medkit is useless. Also for multiple drops, back in the day, one of the best uses for med-kit (outside of proc on healing skill runes) was stacking a bunch of med packs and holding a node. When the enemy shows up, you have a bunch of heals on stand-by. They added this to the F5 of supply crate, but dropping a bunch of med packs would be cool, they can even nerf their durations a little or something. Bringing back healing bombs would rock.