Med kit vs healing skills

in Engineer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

My build > http://tinyurl.com/ac2zh5v

I still think that med kit is the best healing skill , even better than A.E.D ( traited -20% ).

What do you think ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Engineer

Posted by: Brtwrst.9312

Brtwrst.9312

The healing turret is probably our best healing skill for pve. (and arguably pvp)
It has 2 major use-cases: (numbers are conservative and without healing power)

1. ~5000 self heal and ~2500 AoE heal with 2 AoE Condition Removal every 15 seconds.
  2. ~6500 self heal and ~4000 AoE heal with 2 AoE Condition Removal every 20 seconds

The AoE Heal is for up to 4 additional people with a decent radius (480) and is one of the strongest aoe burst heals in the entire game.

The traits that make the turret really strong are:

• Shortest casting time (1/2s) of all healing skills in the game
  • 2 Water fields
  • Big AoE Heal
  • Very short cooldown (15s) when picked up
  • Blast finisher included (also does 1000 damage when exploded)

I have never looked back to medkit/elixir since i started using it.

AED is so bad in comparison its not even funny.

(edited by Brtwrst.9312)

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

And you (and your group) can make HT even stronger by using more finishers (EG #4 has 16 seconds untraited cd) or adding a knockback to it (great for sPvP).

Med Kit shines for triggering heal skill runes/traits without wasting the actual heal and for stockpiling bandage/antidote/stimulant (e.g. when you are guarding a node).

AED on the other hand has zero synergy and its toolbelt skill has a cast time that is just as long as the stun. The only use for it, is to trigger Static Discharge.
————
As for the build, here are some hints off the top of my head:

1. Jewels are the best slot to stack % crit damage. Drop the Azurite and use Rubies, or ascended items.
  2. If you want to stack some vita & toughness use some Soldier/Knight pieces. Look up here for reference, pick items with the highest ratio (1:16) first.
  3. Pistol offhand is not recommendable in a build with 0 condition damage. Use shield or rifle.
  4. Speedy Kits and Power Shoes do not stack. As you are going for Elixir Bombs anyway, drop Speedy Kits and move the 10 points to something more useful in Firearms or Alchemy.
  5. Mines in PvE are only good for stripping boons. Pick something more useful for the rest of the content (EG is very strong support + stun break + high damage combo finisher).
  6. Your runes are rather selfish. If you want to keep the Might on heal I’d suggest 6x Altruism or 2x Altruism and 2×2 20% Might duration runes (Hoelbrak, Fire, Pirate, Strength) instead.
Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

(edited by Mork vom Ork.2598)

in Engineer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Made some changes http://tinyurl.com/net2fr6

As for the weapons , I took 2 pistols just for the sigils ( bloodlust and battle > might on each kit swap along with power stacks )
Picked pistol over shield as I think that shield skills aren’t better than offhand pistol ones even with +0 condition damage .
Thanks for your advices

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

Glue Shot only adds a short duration root/cripple to your build with a long cooldown and a very slow projectile speed. You already have Glue Bomb and Freeze Grenade for this (and EG #2 for single targets).

Anything Blow Torch could do, your Bomb Kit already does a lot better: #1 has a much higher direct damage, #2 can already stack almost permanent burn (10 s duration @ 10 s cooldown) at almost the same direct damage. On top of that they heal, stack vulnerability and hit 5 targets in an area that is 4x larger (circle with 480 diameter) than Blow Torch max damage area (200 length frontal cone).

Shield adds the following to your build:

• 2 s block with a reactive stun
  • double daze
  • reflect
  • ae knockback
  • combo finisher explosion (AE might, AE stealth, AE heal, AE weakness, AE retaliation – and this is just from your own combo fields)
  • 100% combo finisher projectile (burn, blind, regeneration, poison, condition removal – also just from your own combo fields)
Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver