Medic Gyro v Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

In the new meta build that includes Final Salvo what are the reasons for taking Healing Turret? I’ve been running Medic Gyro and I’m really impressed with it. The f1 skill comboed with Hammer 3 is another heal as big as your main healing skill. I’m also enjoying the ability to use Medic Gyro while stunned. Healing turret gets locked out along with everything else but Medic Gyro is still available if I’m getting CCed and focused.

I know I’m missing out on another blast finisher but beyond that I’m not really seeing the benefits of Healing Turret. BTW, I have always used Healing Turret until this week and understand the water field self destruct combo.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

There is only one problem related to medic gyro:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Automated_Medical_Response

This does not work with medic gyro…its a bug or intended?

in Engineer

Dristig.9678

I. Did. Not. Know. That.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dash.8027

Dash.8027

Healing Turret gives you two water fields to blast, Medic Gyro gives you one.

Healing turret can blast on itself without using another skill and you can use it’s F1 ability with another blast for more waters.

Medic Gyro has it’s F1 ability as a mobile water field but requires an external blast and it’s main heal has no field until it explodes (if traited).

Basically, they’re different uses for different requirements.

I find that Healing Turret is more effective in an organized roaming/blob.

[Os] Guild | Engineer | Sauer | :3
| http://www.sheriffsauer.com – “Engineer Hanbook” |

(edited by Dash.8027)

in Engineer

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

Take medic gyro if you have a source of Condi cleanse, such as an elixir build (though in that case you might as well take elixir H), sigil of cleansing (remove 1 Condi on weapon swap, 9s cool down) if you have a kit, or sigil of generosity (60% chance transfer one condition on Crit, 9s cool down) if you have a high Crit chance. Taking cleansing pulse (1st minor in inventions) removes one damaging condition on using a healing skill. Although the healing turret has two water fields, they are relatively short, with the tool belt lasting for a 1/4 second, and cleansing burst lasting for 1s. This is compared to the tool belt on the medic gyro, which pulses protection, is a water field that last 4s, and moves with you, allowing you to blast and leap in it. If you have rapid regeneration (I always take, unless I’m running a juggernaut build) and final salvo, you can get a lot of healing by detonating the gyro just before its duration is up.

The healing turret is better if you need more Condi cleanse, and has a shorter cool down than the medic gyro if picked up. The healing turret also provides some regeneration. Also, the healing turret has a knockback when detonated, which can be helpful when knocking enemies back, or interrupting big skills (if traited). Cleansing burst removes conditions and heals up to five allies simultaneously, where the medic gyro can only heal one at a time.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Sorry little medic gyro buddy. Maybe one day you’ll shine, but we got a bench and you know what? You keep that bench warm and I’m sure that counts for somethin’!

So, chin up! You may still be useless, but we still love ya!

in Engineer

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

This is incorrect though, it does work on the gyro as I use it all the time… It is just like the turret, it has to be on CD to work. In other words, you have to have it destroyed before the trait can work.

That’s why as a Gyro user when I use the healing I always destroy the gyro right after it’s used (if I am in a fight I know I need the automated medical response) and I don’t destroy it if the trait is on CD.

I am playing a full Gyro build and it works fantastic, as I have said in many threads in PvP I beat almost every Meta scrapper builds on my skill level except the new tanky ones.

I wouldn’t mind that they buffed Gyros a little bit but I hope that they won’t become meta as I realy dislike being like everyone else.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in Engineer

Dristig.9678

What are you running instead of Slick Shoes and Elixir Gun?

in Engineer

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

What are you running instead of Slick Shoes and Elixir Gun?

Sorry to be a little of topic.

I am almost ashamed to answer that question. But I use it for the “Spare Capacitor” toolbelt skill so I use Shredder Gyro. I have Tried slickshoes but it does not give me that edge that I want, also I am always so against meta that I rather use skills that are said to be worthless.

Also, shredder gyro is my Traps and mark disarmer :P

I will take the Elixir gun in concideration next time I play but.

Remember I do not care to be meta or to be by the top players, I know though that I am a good player and I do very well playing this build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCFpidpCupCEqilNji+rL71ecC+uAIc5yloC-TJhFAB9XGYl9HG4CAAwDAAA

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in Engineer

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

I’m one of the few engineers who play on support an hate the healing-turret. Which granted me a lot of laughs and mockery over the years. Before the gyro I used other things, in PvE I used the Dwayna Healing skill, which created even more mockery when people saw it. The healing turret seems to be as important to the basic engineer, as the GS is to the warrior class. This mostly ruins any controversal discussion about the topic ingame.

My problems with the turret:
- it feels bulky. It has to be depolyed on the ground, cannot be moved and eats damage.
- both waterfields last not much more than the blink of an eye
- makes coordinating blastfinishers difficult. If you want to use the blastfinishers from other people, you need to ogranize it in the group.
- the direct heal ammount of the turret is pretty low.

The gyro in comparison:
- follows your movements, heals you and your allies arround.
- the waterfield is fixed to your character, it moves with you.
- the waterfield has a wide range and a long duration, making it easy to use blastfinishers and allowing others to use theirs.
- the direct heal is low as with the turret, but your gyro follows you and heals you over time – no matter where you go.

What the gyro does in addition:
- you can stun enemies where you stand and not where you used the gyro first.
- the waterfield grants protection as pulse, which is quite handy.

After every update I gave the turret a new try. I always dumped it within a few minutes. When the next update includes any change with the turret, I will give it another try ofcourse. Maybe one day I can understand how to use it correctly. In the meantime, I enjoy the gyro ^^

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I’m one of the few engineers who play on support an hate the healing-turret. Which granted me a lot of laughs and mockery over the years. Before the gyro I used other things, in PvE I used the Dwayna Healing skill, which created even more mockery when people saw it. The healing turret seems to be as important to the basic engineer, as the GS is to the warrior class. This mostly ruins any controversal discussion about the topic ingame.

My problems with the turret:
- it feels bulky. It has to be depolyed on the ground, cannot be moved and eats damage.
- both waterfields last not much more than the blink of an eye
- makes coordinating blastfinishers difficult. If you want to use the blastfinishers from other people, you need to ogranize it in the group.
- the direct heal ammount of the turret is pretty low.

The gyro in comparison:
- follows your movements, heals you and your allies arround.
- the waterfield is fixed to your character, it moves with you.
- the waterfield has a wide range and a long duration, making it easy to use blastfinishers and allowing others to use theirs.
- the direct heal is low as with the turret, but your gyro follows you and heals you over time – no matter where you go.

What the gyro does in addition:
- you can stun enemies where you stand and not where you used the gyro first.
- the waterfield grants protection as pulse, which is quite handy.

After every update I gave the turret a new try. I always dumped it within a few minutes. When the next update includes any change with the turret, I will give it another try ofcourse. Maybe one day I can understand how to use it correctly. In the meantime, I enjoy the gyro ^^

Exact same thing for me. I never liked the turret, ran with elixir but never really liked speccing for that either.

The gyros gave me a reason to play the engie again… with the last time being about 3 years ago. Scrapper is my main now. I love my gyros.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

Before HOT the healing turret was the undisputed king of the heal.s Medic gyro i feel is gaining more traction but definitely has a lot of ground to make up

pvp i love medic gyro. heals really well, totally works with Automated response, and adds another lightning field for more leaps and blasts potential to work with Rapid regen. the synergy is real folks especially if we are talking about using hammer with said heal ability. f1 with hammer 3 mite as well be a 2nd heal .

I would imagine that Healing turret still has a place in all aspects of the game. wide spread heal with a huge water field. and the f1 does count as another field but its like 1.1 seconds long and kind of hard to sync with other people at times. The built in turret combo is probably one of the biggest #6 heals in game..