Medkit details

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: tyrellian.3706

tyrellian.3706

The actual details from the livestream, including cast times, cooldowns, etc.

Attachments:

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

15s swiftness every 15s and ppl still cry about nerfed speedy kits:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

Screw Healing turret, I´m sold on MedKit xD

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Med blaster heals only 91?

(edited by guildabd.6529)

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Verry nice kit, im loving all those condy cleanses. number 1 skill seems a bit weak though

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

what happened to the buff pylon :C

Medkit details

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

You cant expect spamable skill heal for 1k right?:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Perma swiftness, 4 additional low cooldown heals, 4 condi cleansers, resistance on #5. Not to mention free AoE condi cleansing proc every 10 sec if you pick inventions.

Yeah, it’s good.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

Medkit details

in Engineer

guildabd.6529

You cant expect spamable skill heal for 1k right?:-)

No, but I can expect it heal 200 or 300 at least.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Banumiel.1926

Banumiel.1926

Wow! Is finally a great kit!
The second skill with cooldown 5 is a wonderful help to keep condis under control. The problem can be a condition stack burst, but the combo: mortar kit + runes of Lyssa solves this part.

Medkit details

in Engineer

RabbitUp.8294

No, but I can expect it heal 200 or 300 at least.

First of all, we don’t know what gear the devs had equipped, so the numbers are not indicative.

Second, the rest of the skills on the med kit heal for 645 each, you want a 0 cd skill to heal for almost half that? It’s 91 base +10 for each boon the ally has, so you are probably looking at something around 120.

In any case, you don’t receive any healing from that skill, so they expect you to only realistically use it with a support build and healing power gear.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

Medkit details

in Engineer

RabbitUp.8294

Wow! Is finally a great kit!
The second skill with cooldown 5 is a wonderful help to keep condis under control. The problem can be a condition stack burst, but the combo: mortar kit + runes of Lyssa solves this part.

We actually get 2.5 sec of resistance on #5 for condition spikes.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Banumiel.1926

Banumiel.1926

We actually get 2.5 sec of resistance on #5 for condition spikes.

I kwow, but i predict a meta with a lot of condis. Btw, is just an idea to make a build

(edited by Banumiel.1926)

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Depends on how you look at it. I read this post, crafted a build in about 5 mins on our dev branch in PvP (clerics, monk runes, etc), and it does pretty well. The skill pulses the heal 3x in one channel. I was doing 159 ticks with no boons on my target, which is 477 healing in one channel. I applied 5 boons to my target, and that turns into 243 ticks (729 over one channel).

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

If you take inventions, Cleansing Pulse will be nice too. Though the range of the skill has yet to be revealed.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Depends on how you look at it. I read this post, crafted a build in about 5 mins on our dev branch in PvP (clerics, monk runes, etc), and it does pretty well. The skill pulses the heal 3x in one channel. I was doing 159 ticks with no boons on my target, which is 477 healing in one channel. I applied 5 boons to my target, and that turns into 243 ticks (729 over one channel).

The 3x pulse isn’t reflected in the tooltip. Without this knowledge you could understand why it seems ridiculous to have a 91 heal on a 1¼ channel. :P

elite specs ruined pvp.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

If you take inventions, Cleansing Pulse will be nice too. Though the range of the skill has yet to be revealed.

Cleansing Pulse is 300 range, but it only triggers off of “heal” skills, not skills that happen to do some healing. This is confusing – sorry. :P

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Cleansing Pulse is 300 range, but it only triggers off of heal skills, not just skills that apply healing.

Ooo boy… what that ICD must look like! XD

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

thanks for poking into the prof subred—forums josh

yall dont post here like ever and i got no proof of anything whatsoever (nor do i care to) but after seeing the “finalized” engi changes im pretty sure anet had eyes in here and its pretty satisfying at least to me.

except st®eamlined kits. thats gonna be a sore spot for… until next time. even if the awesomer name sticks and you leave out the r forever.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Medkit details

in Engineer

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

thanks for poking into the prof subred—forums josh

yall dont post here like ever and i got no proof of anything whatsoever (nor do i care to) but after seeing the “finalized” engi changes im pretty sure anet had eyes in here and its pretty satisfying at least to me.

except st®eamlined kits. thats gonna be a sore spot for… until next time. even if the awesomer name sticks and you leave out the r forever.

Stay tuned for details on Streamlined kits tomorrow.

Medkit details

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

ohmygod hype train just ran me over

brain asplode

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Kit is good but Bendage Self with 1sec. casting time hardly compete with healing turret.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Wait…

Bandage Self has a Radius?

Why?

Medkit details

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

Wait…

Why?

heal resonator, inventions master minor

Medkit details

in Engineer

Arioso.8519

Wait…

Why?

Oh, so Bandage toolbelt counts as a heal?

Does that mean toggling the medkit on also counts or no longer counts as a heal skill?

Medkit details

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

iunno… but that minor provides that functionality

im not josh i dont has tomorrowland client

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Wait…

Why?

Does that mean toggling the medkit on also counts or no longer counts as a heal skill?

If that’s the case it’s gonna screw up a lot of my theorycrafted builds.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

How does this compear to Elementalists water Staff 1 with same gear? Considering that it has a longer range, can heal yourself and have an offencive component.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Wait…

Why?

If that’s the case it’s gonna screw up a lot of my theorycrafted builds.

Historically, both bandage self and swap/stow medkit have counted as “heal skills”. It’s always been a bit of an oddball like that.

I assume they’ll leave it that way as well, but you never know.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

This change doesn’t address the real problem with medkit and engineer in general, which is cast times. Engineer is cast time gated class and this does not improve it in any way. The problem with the old medkit is that spending 1 sec to cast a 1100 heal while people are hitting you for 2k+ each second is just worthless. This new kit doesn’t really change that. 3 different kinds of condition removal? That’s way too much focus for way too little effect. The new heal auto is not worthwhile, instead of channeling that you could be attacking and you would be doing far more damage than this is healing for.

The reduction in recharge times of toolbelt skills has similar problems. It’s the cast times that’s the problem. You are attacking someone, then you go and give them breathing room by buffing yourself up with elixirs. Or throwing down bandages. Or removing conditions with elixir gun. With engineer you are either attacking or supporting or healing, but none of those at the same time, which is why this class has terrible (damage/heal/buff) per second output compared to a warrior or an elementalist. That and plain kittenty scaling on a lot of stuff and too much stuff gets ruined by stability.

An ele or warrior just runs train on your kitten with constant attacking. And while they are doing this, they are getting booned up, conditions are getting dropped and they are getting healed. Their utility is instant.

Adding kits like mortar kit or adding other stuff like that is a nifty gimmick, that adds variety to the stuff you can bring. But it doesn’t address the core issue that you cannot even cast all the stuff you have, because of the cast times.
This kit rework and other changes don’t really make engineer that much stronger.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Isn’t that the tradeoff for having access to 26 and soon 35 skills at once? Sure you have all that stuff at your disposal but it’s the time issue that you have to get around, you can’t do everything at once.

I agree it’s a concern, whether the medkit will actually be useful or if it’ll just feel clunky. There’s already some interesting synergy with “on heal” stuff, that alone is pretty cool, not having to actually dispense of your heal to trigger it. But I’m not sure how much I’ll actually use these med packs if they don’t feel pretty natural to use.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Yamsandjams.3267

The med kit is also designed for preemptive healing setups. That is, you dispense the packs before you really get into combat, and they’re there on the floor for when you need them, and then you can always toss out some more later during the fight.

Of course, it’s a bit hard to see how that’s really relevant in anything but PvP (and maybe some PvE, I guess).

The only thing that worries me about the new medkit is that it’ll have it’s critical vulnerability to immobilize reinstated due to all the antidotes and such being tossable now. That could cripple the kit quite heavily (no pun intended).

Though it is being pushed towards more of a “support” niche, so I imagine a lot of roamers and such will still opt for the healing turret. If you’re trying to use it as a self-heal only, you may not maximize it’s potential. It’s the same as healing breeze on the guardian, it’s only really worth it if you’re also using it to heal your allies.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Arioso.8519

The new kit’s drops only last 12 seconds, so it’s not all that preemptive. It’s definitely support now. Seems like the intent is to flip to it and drop packs on cooldown as part of your rotation.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Yamsandjams.3267

The new kit’s drops only last 12 seconds, so it’s not all that preemptive. It’s definitely support now. Seems like the intent is to flip to it and drop packs on cooldown as part of your rotation.

Is that so? I missed that bit. I might have to rewatch the stream. Kind of seems a bit counter intuitive to the point of the kit, but I suppose the dispensibles will be more powerful overall now.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: yhvh.8703

yhvh.8703

I wonder how that kit looks like equipped!

And is just me, or this, together with all the improved healing changes, makes the Engineer a really good healing unit? (even though there’s no healer focus in this game)

Medkit details

in Engineer

Arioso.8519

Is that so? I missed that bit. I might have to rewatch the stream. Kind of seems a bit counter intuitive to the point of the kit, but I suppose the dispensibles will be more powerful overall now.

You don’t need to rewatch it, that’s what the tooltips in the opening post say. “Duration 12 seconds” means that the dropped items persist for 12 seconds.

It’ll still be slightly preventative for pvp bunkering since you can drop a few bandages when you see someone approaching your point and basically negate your opponent’s opening attack.

But we get a cleanse of a “damaging condition” every 5 seconds, and with cleanses on all the drops, the medkit heavily reduces our condition weakness. I think the medkit will have a higher skill ceiling than the healing turret, but it’s sounding like it could be a more powerful choice now if well used.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Yamsandjams.3267

I wonder how that kit looks like equipped!

And is just me, or this, together with all the improved healing changes, makes the Engineer a really good healing unit? (even though there’s no healer focus in this game)

It looks like a bundle of syringes attached to your forearm that you shoot your healing spray out of at people, or at least that’s what it looked like on the stream where they showed it off.

It seems like engineer will have a lot of potent healing themselves, although I don’t think it’ll be as much as an ele or revenant, or perhaps even a guardian. But engineer does have some very potent group condition clearing available as well as some of the best potential off of blast finishers as far as healing is concerned.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Preemptive healing? All three bandages on current med kit don’t even heal up the damage inflicted by a warrior in about 1-1.5 sec. That’s pathetic.

This game is about avoiding damage, not healing through it.

Besides, it’s far far far better to drop a water field then blast people for more than 1000 AoE healing than to bother with these pathetic bandages. This is designed to suck. Josh Davis and his cleric gear build (i.e. a character useless at everything but healing) can’t outheal Heal Signet passive with that healing spray? That says it all.

(edited by ManCaptain.3154)

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

This change doesn’t address the real problem with medkit and engineer in general, which is cast times. Engineer is cast time gated class and this does not improve it in any way. The problem with the old medkit is that spending 1 sec to cast a 1100 heal while people are hitting you for 2k+ each second is just worthless. This new kit doesn’t really change that. 3 different kinds of condition removal? That’s way too much focus for way too little effect. The new heal auto is not worthwhile, instead of channeling that you could be attacking and you would be doing far more damage than this is healing for.

The reduction in recharge times of toolbelt skills has similar problems. It’s the cast times that’s the problem. You are attacking someone, then you go and give them breathing room by buffing yourself up with elixirs. Or throwing down bandages. Or removing conditions with elixir gun. With engineer you are either attacking or supporting or healing, but none of those at the same time, which is why this class has terrible (damage/heal/buff) per second output compared to a warrior or an elementalist. That and plain kittenty scaling on a lot of stuff and too much stuff gets ruined by stability.

An ele or warrior just runs train on your kitten with constant attacking. And while they are doing this, they are getting booned up, conditions are getting dropped and they are getting healed. Their utility is instant.

Adding kits like mortar kit or adding other stuff like that is a nifty gimmick, that adds variety to the stuff you can bring. But it doesn’t address the core issue that you cannot even cast all the stuff you have, because of the cast times.
This kit rework and other changes don’t really make engineer that much stronger.

I agree that MedKit isn’t exciting still for the reasons you outlined. Engineer is totally a recharge gated profession and it IS the reason that Elixers are terrible. That aside, to say that other classes are so much better than Engi is kind of jokes. Engi competes just fine with War and Ele in Spvp to the point of maybe being the best class in the current meta. PvE is too easy to have to make distinctions about which class is optimal at this point.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

I imagine Bandage Self will work really well with Gadgeteer or Kinetic Charge from the Tools Specialization.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Whats is you guys opinion about the fact that med kit is all about throwing instead of dropping?

If the throwing option were to be removed we could enable auto attack on the number 4 skill and have perma swiftness that way without the hassle of throwing the thing.

(edited by santenal.1054)

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

Whats is you guys opinion about the fact that med kit is all about throwing instead of dropping?

If the throwing option were to be removed we could enable auto attack on the number 4 skill and have perma swiftness that way without the hassle of throwing the thing.

personally i don’t like the throwing version, you can play with packaged stimulants currently and the extra time to aim and click is adds to the already clunky feeling, also you don’t get the prioritization of removing immobilize that you get from using using drop antidote with the throwing version you still need to move maybe 3 steps before your character “picks up” the package.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

If you want to have perma swiftness you still can go with Streamlined Kits. I think the new Med-Kit is really good, I ever thought it should be more of a group oriented heal skill and now it is by it’s AA. And just think about the synergy with elixir gun. If the elixir gun skills will count as an elixir traitwise, you will have 4 of 5 kit skills which will aoe clean a condition. The new elixir gun trait makes this skills converting conditions to boons instead. So clean all conditions of your team, generating boons by doing so and then using the 15% buffed Med-Kit AA, which heals for more for each boon on your allies! That’s just awesome!

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Wait, I must have missed something. Are all the med kit skills, ground targeted skills?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Every skill except the AA. The others are different forms of medi packs thrown ground targeted.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

What’s wrong with ground targeting? I like it.

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

The ground targeting definitely makes it unwieldy to use on yourself, which relegates the med kit to being practical only as a group support kit. I think this is fine, if it’s the intention. It definitely feels odd in the current build because the medkit seems like it should be used for group support in its theme, but it’s generally best used on yourself and is, in fact, difficult to use on others without packaged stimulants.

You could still use the new version for perma-switfness on yourself too, but as you say it’s a hassle. But if you want perma-swiftness and don’t want to take mecha legs, streamlined kits, or runes, then this is a reasonable alternative.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

Medkit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I have played well over 2000 hours with medkit. Making it ground targeting is going to make it even more clunky. Please make medkit skills #1-#5 work as before, so you just run over them.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Medkit details

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

I have played well over 2000 hours with medkit. Making it ground targeting is going to make it even more clunky. Please make medkit skills #1-#5 work as before, so you just run over them.

I must agree this is unneccessary change.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Medkit details

in Engineer

guildabd.6529

I hope 2-5 skills are pickup-able by 5 separate allies or else i just use them for myself.