Melee weapon into Range weapons?

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

So if a future elite spec use the Engineer’s technology skill to turn a Melee Weapon such as Sword, Dagger, Greatsword, mace, and axe into a Range weapon for a future Elite Spec how would you like to see it function?

For me…
Dagger weapon can act like tesla coils with the Elite Spec providing both main hand and off-hand daggers. The 3rd weapon skill slot changes based on what the off-handed weapon is.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Well it wouldn’t be the first time a traditionally melee weapon was used as a ranged weapon. Mesmer Greatsword and Revenant Hammer both fit the profile. I would say axe too but there are actually more ranged versions of axe than melee.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Well it wouldn’t be the first time a traditionally melee weapon was used as a ranged weapon. Mesmer Greatsword and Revenant Hammer both fit the profile. I would say axe too but there are actually more ranged versions of axe than melee.

Engineer opens up a bit more unique way to make melee base weapons into Range weapons.

Other Profession can easily BS it by saying they use Magic to make that weapon ranged but engineer needs to have a proper tech explaination why the melee weapon is range and how it functions.

With magic you don’t really both questioning how that magic works because that what Magic just is.

in Engineer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Engineer opens up a bit more unique way to make melee base weapons into Range weapons.

Other Profession can easily BS it by saying they use Magic to make that weapon ranged but engineer needs to have a proper tech explaination why the melee weapon is range and how it functions.

With magic you don’t really both questioning how that magic works because that what Magic just is.

I’ll inject with a bit of lore here. Remember how Asura see magic in everything? That’s cuz it is. Anet has stated in the lore that everyone in the world of GW2 uses magic to some extent, including engineers (how else does a pistol shoot fire, lightning, poison, glue, and shrapnel?) So tech as we understand it, not so much, but the technomagic of GW2? Anything is possible.

That said, I would probably go with mace, and skin it to look like throwing hammers.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I’ll inject with a bit of lore here. Remember how Asura see magic in everything? That’s cuz it is. Anet has stated in the lore that everyone in the world of GW2 uses magic to some extent, including engineers (how else does a pistol shoot fire, lightning, poison, glue, and shrapnel?) So tech as we understand it, not so much, but the technomagic of GW2? Anything is possible.

That said, I would probably go with mace, and skin it to look like throwing hammers.

While this is true, I prefer if I am possible to imagine my engineer not using any magic at all. So if there is the option of giving us a pseudo-logical explanation how that weapon is able to do that without magic involved, I would prefer they go that way.

My wish for the next weapon: Axe. I really want a new alchemy based elite spec. We had some acid related traits in the past but every single one got removed (Acidic Elixirs, Acidic Coating….. I will miss you….) and I would like the acid theme to have a comeback.

Axe would be my weapon of choice. I would like it to be a melee weapon with acid covered blade, but when you attack something you spill some acid and everyone in a cone behind the target gets damaged.

Or just make it spill acid on auto attack. Will do too. But please do it. Q__Q
Imagine how cool an axe with hidden flask to fill in acid could look like.

in Engineer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

While this is true, I prefer if I am possible to imagine my engineer not using any magic at all. So if there is the option of giving us a pseudo-logical explanation how that weapon is able to do that without magic involved, I would prefer they go that way.

My wish for the next weapon: Axe. I really want a new alchemy based elite spec. We had some acid related traits in the past but every single one got removed (Acidic Elixirs, Acidic Coating….. I will miss you….) and I would like the acid theme to have a comeback.

Axe would be my weapon of choice. I would like it to be a melee weapon with acid covered blade, but when you attack something you spill some acid and everyone in a cone behind the target gets damaged.

Or just make it spill acid on auto attack. Will do too. But please do it. Q__Q
Imagine how cool an axe with hidden flask to fill in acid could look like.

Headcanon away. Personally I like the combination of the two. Makes engineer more believable to me, if that makes sense. <shrug>

in Engineer

Posted by: scorekeeper.6524

scorekeeper.6524

I predict mace. We need another main hand weapon aside from pistol, and a CC one at that. It’ll also make shield a relevant weapon again. It’d be cool if we had access to something like auras if that were possible.