Menders Bop it Engie

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I started running this build and having a lot of fun, so I figured I would share results with others. It’s a Menders build that focuses on controlling the battlefield. When I realized how much damage I was also doing (usually around 600k) I was shocked. I’ve gotten hate messages already haha:

http://imgur.com/kBhPkV0

Anyway, I run, tools (2-1-2), inventions (3-3-2) scrapper (2-1-1). And yes, I’m running rifle. Air/blood. Melandru runes.

With the land mines removing boons (stab first), its very easy to control your opponents. Test it out, and let me know if you have any luck. Its very fun to watch too, because your opponents are flying all over the place. Don’t forget you have 2 unblockable cc.

Attachments:

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Posted by: Eastcorn.5901

Eastcorn.5901

Cool build. I love the PMs you got. I’ve never gotten that much rage and I’ve been playing almost since launch.

Just an FYI, the Blast Gyro Tag is unblockable, but the actual exploding gyro is not. Be careful about using it on players with really long blocks.

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Posted by: K THEN.5162

K THEN.5162

XD that thief you played one of my friends that I regularly play with on this game

Elementally Challenged Asuran Roamer

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Looks very interesting, ill give it a try, quite impressive how much damage you deal without the need of a offensive rune

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Loboling.5293

Ya, I’ve had a few games over 1mil damage now. I was quite surprised. I still don’t get it…haha.

Ya, the blast gyro is not unblockable, but the land mine is, and the pull with tool kit. I call it the bop it scrapper because you can watch people fly all over the place. I can only imagine the realization going on in these players minds, when they realize they didn’t bring enough stability. And because of the mines you can still knockback players through pulsing stability, like strength of the pack on ranger, or rampage warrior, or reaper shroud. It’s so mean to necros, they finally get some stab, and I just strip it, and knock em back anyway.

Let me know how the build performs for you. I kept looking for ways to deal high damage and offer good support. This seems to be one of those ways. Hard to kill, offers good pressure through damage and cc, quick rez/stomp, stealth, good mobility. I think this will be my new favorite engie builds for now. HoT power creep is real. Still shocked by my damage with no ferocity, and basically very few big hitters.

It’s funny, this build came after making a tank/rez engie, would could stand toe to toe with svanir and auto attack him to death. I didn’t spend much time on scrapper since HoT, but I had no idea they could tank so hard. They always seemed slippery, but straight up tanking svanir without moving was crazy before HoT.

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Man what did you do?! I was enjoy another mmo, look at engi forum, try your build only thanks for my nature of interesting, and I must play GW2 now! This is really nice and FUN build! Only few games I was try, but I was entertaimed! Thanks

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

With the land mines removing boons (stab first), its very easy to control your opponents. Test it out, and let me know if you have any luck. Its very fun to watch too, because your opponents are flying all over the place. Don’t forget you have 2 unblockable cc.

Scripted boon strip was removed almost entirely outside of a couple exceptions. Throw Mine and Mine Field are not one of those exceptions – they randomly remove a boon. The hard CC on Throw Mine will remove a single stack of stability.

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Posted by: Sazdek.6830

Sazdek.6830

I played about a half dozen games with this yesterday. Never quite hit the 1 million mark, but that aside it was fun as hell. Bunking on point was especially fun and easy with the numerous knockbacks. Dragonhunters are of course still a royal pain in the kitten with all their blocks and invulns. And thieves were the bane of my existence. Evading every mine, every tag, every everything. I’m debating switching up stealth gyro to Elixir X since that really does fit the theme of knockbacks and CC (both tornado form and Rampage have tons of these).

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

Ya, I’ve had a few games over 1mil damage now. I was quite surprised. I still don’t get it…haha.

Time spent team fighting, and if you are going against a team with many summons can both significantly inflate that damage counter. Be careful not to fall into the trap that many new players do in that they care more about their personal score or stats and not the only score that matters: the one that determines win/loss of the match.

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Could you explain the playstyle of this build? Maybe use an example from a recent game you had.

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Loboling.5293

Sorry it took so long to respond, I’m in finals now… :’(

So first off, yes the mines don’t target stability, but they remove about 7 boons, I don’t remember more than a few times I couldn’t strip stability for a quick knockback, even through pulsing stability. (just be sure to watch the timing) And again, you have 2 unblockable knockbacks, so dh aren’t as much trouble as you might think. (unless they trait into virtues to turn virtue of courage into a monolith ability)

Sorry David about bringing you back into the game… haha. But I’m glad to see some people enjoying the build.

The best part about this build is the flexibility. You can hold points, 1v1, team fight, secure rez/stomp and decap. It is a great support character, that can deal some solid damage. I don’t think there is only one way to play it, but the best way to secure kills is cc chains. If the person doesn’t have stability, they are usually toast, especially in team fights, and don’t forget how easy knocking back downed players is. Once someone goes down, knock them far off point and function gyro a stomp. Enemies either loose the point or lose the fight. I find the pressure of this build is immense due to the knockbacks and pulls.

It really is a roaming build, that can’t be killed 1v1 (although if you mess up it can happen; I died to a druid the other day, while taking it too easy, so it’s not invincible without active play)

This build has a lot of potential, which is why I posted it, so give it a try and see what you can pull off. (also ninja trick, but try to learn areas where toolkit will pull enemies into the air. It’s the kind of thing that ruins someones day, especially when you follow up with a immobilize. Players can’t activate skills in the air, so it makes a simple pull into a 1 second cc that can’t be broken, and you can extend it with immobilize) Honestly, I think this build specializes in making others rage… haha. Probably not a good build for the longterm health of the game, but I can always tell when my opponents are losing their cool. Usually if you can get people flustered they don’t play as well. Luckily its a hard build to master, so there shouldn’t be an overabundance of rage inducing engies running around. I’m still making a lot of mistakes with my cc chain, but I get caught up launching people around… Rifle 4→throw mine at feet → pull toolkit → detonite mine → explosive gyro → rifle 5 → rifle 2 → rifle 4… haha. I just can’t help but laugh during all this.

Have fun, and obviously this is a team game, so personal score is not very important. But this build brings a lot to the table, and will increase your chances of winning as much as any meta build I see played today. (maybe minus condi mes, and dh)

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

And its not meta!!!!!! Lubs you!!!!

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

ill have to give this a go thanks! one question why Menders and not Paladin?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Loboling.5293

ill have to give this a go thanks! one question why Menders and not Paladin?

Feel free to try it with paladin, but I preferred menders. The healing provided is really good. I actually haven’t played this much lately, been trying out builds on guardian (support bunker, dh meditrapper, condi), but I would imagine your overall sustain is higher with menders. You have a lot of cc, so most direct dps (minus some berserkers) are easy to peel away from. The healing allows you to kite around, raining chaos on the enemy team. It was all a judgement call, but let me know if paladins works for you better.

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Sorry it took so long to respond, I’m in finals now… :’(

So first off, yes the mines don’t target stability, but they remove about 7 boons, I don’t remember more than a few times I couldn’t strip stability for a quick knockback, even through pulsing stability. (just be sure to watch the timing) And again, you have 2 unblockable knockbacks, so dh aren’t as much trouble as you might think. (unless they trait into virtues to turn virtue of courage into a monolith ability)

Sorry David about bringing you back into the game… haha. But I’m glad to see some people enjoying the build.

The best part about this build is the flexibility. You can hold points, 1v1, team fight, secure rez/stomp and decap. It is a great support character, that can deal some solid damage. I don’t think there is only one way to play it, but the best way to secure kills is cc chains. If the person doesn’t have stability, they are usually toast, especially in team fights, and don’t forget how easy knocking back downed players is. Once someone goes down, knock them far off point and function gyro a stomp. Enemies either loose the point or lose the fight. I find the pressure of this build is immense due to the knockbacks and pulls.

It really is a roaming build, that can’t be killed 1v1 (although if you mess up it can happen; I died to a druid the other day, while taking it too easy, so it’s not invincible without active play)

This build has a lot of potential, which is why I posted it, so give it a try and see what you can pull off. (also ninja trick, but try to learn areas where toolkit will pull enemies into the air. It’s the kind of thing that ruins someones day, especially when you follow up with a immobilize. Players can’t activate skills in the air, so it makes a simple pull into a 1 second cc that can’t be broken, and you can extend it with immobilize) Honestly, I think this build specializes in making others rage… haha. Probably not a good build for the longterm health of the game, but I can always tell when my opponents are losing their cool. Usually if you can get people flustered they don’t play as well. Luckily its a hard build to master, so there shouldn’t be an overabundance of rage inducing engies running around. I’m still making a lot of mistakes with my cc chain, but I get caught up launching people around… Rifle 4->throw mine at feet -> pull toolkit -> detonite mine -> explosive gyro -> rifle 5 -> rifle 2 -> rifle 4… haha. I just can’t help but laugh during all this.

Have fun, and obviously this is a team game, so personal score is not very important. But this build brings a lot to the table, and will increase your chances of winning as much as any meta build I see played today. (maybe minus condi mes, and dh)

Where it’s not meta I must try this. I just revived my old P/P condi engi (vanilla) and in both PvP and WvW, its a friggen beast. Since my last DPS build got obliterated by anet (4 gyros), ive been tampering/making other DPS builds (cause im th etype that needs 2 builds/toon…pref 1 DPS and 1 condi) and have discovered that the mine is very undervalued.

Also, do you have a link to the build anywhere? If not, what utilities are you running with?

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Loboling.5293

Also, do you have a link to the build anywhere? If not, what utilities are you running with?

It’s in the screenshot. I played a few more games, and its so fun, but I still feel mean when playing it. I sometimes cc someone so much it’s kind of sad. Only lost one game in 7, where my whole team just rushed home, and actually capped the node, minus one that left before finishing the cap, but still went home with the other 3… I got to mid, saw the enemy 4 players, and ours “guarding” home. It was a bad loss. haha.

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Bigpapasmurf.5623

It’s in the screenshot. I played a few more games, and its so fun, but I still feel mean when playing it. I sometimes cc someone so much it’s kind of sad. Only lost one game in 7, where my whole team just rushed home, and actually capped the node, minus one that left before finishing the cap, but still went home with the other 3… I got to mid, saw the enemy 4 players, and ours “guarding” home. It was a bad loss. haha.

how well do you handle condis? seems like not too well lol

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Loboling.5293

Its amazing at condies imo. (you don’t want to get overloaded, but they are easy to manage) You suffer 50% less stun and daze duration, more frequent evades, along with stealth, cc, superspeed, and block so people should have trouble locking you down for condie spam. Beyond that, you take 20% less damage from condies, they last 25% less long, and movement conditions last 53% less. I find this build rarely if ever dies to condition spam, its more vulnerable to burst if not mitigated. You have high health, and tons of healing. You can even use healing turret to help out your allies. Don’t forget you have a leap finisher on rifle, and a blast on land mine. This is more of a trolly build that is surprisingly effective. Hard to take down, high mobility. Just try it, if you find yourself tanking in melee, you’re doing it wrong. It has a lot of kiting tools.

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I used this (a variant that fitted my style as well as your set up) and it is interesting, however with the amount of zerging that goes on in PvP, there’s many counters to it…anyone with mobile bursts (Daredevils/Rev’s/chromos), CC’s and medium condi pressure. Stability is def a bane. I was able to get some fun going but not til I got zerged.

I may tweak this a bit and see what works best with me but I plan on keeping the concept.

Menders Bop it Engie

in Engineer

Loboling.5293

Funny, I bumped into someone playing a very similar build to the bop-it engie, while on my necro.

I don’t think being focused down should be an issue with this build… You should have enough escapes to avoid that. I’ve yet to be beat by a thief with this build (1v1), so maybe if a thief is focusing you with others, just jump shot, superspeed away, and if he follows down him or control him and cap a point.

I find this build is really slippery when I play it, so not sure what you’re doing wrong, I’ll see if it lags my computer but maybe I’ll be able to record a game. (I’ve never done that before though haha, but windows 10 seems to come with software for recording)

Edit: Okay I just recorded a match. I lost… but it was a close game full of all the noobiness of unranked… haha enjoy. In fact, I could’ve maybe won the game, but I got too anxious and had bad timing on my cc at the end. Lost a 1v1 to a necro without landing almost any cc… it was sad… If I had been a bit more patient, and kept my distance for a bit, I may have captured the point. Either way, was a close game. I made mistakes, but hopefully it can show the build in action.

https://youtu.be/dkgrxgfA5I0

Sorry for poor quality. First ever upload, had no idea how bad default settings were.

(edited by Loboling.5293)