Meta Engi Build?

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

So i have been away for 6 months from the game and i used to play mainly WvW. I Farmed Juggernaut for my warri but i wanna do more WvW with my main, Engi. Whats the main builds engi are playing right now on WvW? Power/Cond? 1500 range nadeS?

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Knox I always read youf posts back on guru days, so wierd seeing you looking for advice :-D

Look here:
http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_Celestial_Rifle

Celstial Rifle is the “it” build these days… SirKoroshi did a pretty good few vids on it.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

Once again metabattle proves it’s an unreliable site for builds! Don’t ever, ever go Inventions! It’s literally the worst trait line that Engineers have and 30/0/20/20/0 is a terrible build! And don’t ever take Protection Injection over Backpack Regenerator or you’ll , and I quote ostrich eggs on this, “die like a little bich”!

umm…metabattle’s 2 build variants both have Regenerator on them…….

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Once again metabattle proves it’s an unreliable site for builds! Don’t ever, ever go Inventions! It’s literally the worst trait line that Engineers have and 30/0/20/20/0 is a terrible build! And don’t ever take Protection Injection over Backpack Regenerator or you’ll , and I quote ostrich eggs on this, “die like a little bich”!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

As a WvW commander who communicates with other engineer commanders, I would offer to the OP, the thought of taking what PvPers suggest with a grain of salt, when it comes to WvW builds.

The invention line has some solid traits for WvW, and in the context of WvW, toughness, healing power, as well as traits that offer protection, less damage when disabled, increased movement speed, and in many cases, healing bombs, can be invaluable. Particularly in combination with certain other traits. It often simply depends on the role you wish to play. Automated medical response is also a great minor trait for the med kit, for those who care to use it.

I am not suggesting the inventions line is a necessity, or even the greatest. Although, I do questions anyone’s knowledge of a great deal of WvW scenarios, who discounts it offhandedly and offers the idea of everyone else discounting it in a similar manor.

Op, you ask

Whats the main builds engi are playing right now on WvW?

Well that completely depends on the role you wish to play. Do you wish to run with a large force? Medium size havoc group? Small havoc group? Do you wish to roam? Scout and hold off a force at a keep till help arrives? Your role in WvW dictate what build you may or may not want to use.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

It’s in the variants! I also noticed they recommended Scope over Power Wrench as an alternative! Don’t ever take Scope over Power Wrench! Don’t ever take Scope ever! lol metabattle!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Wahoo! Bye frands!

60440 is great for wvw since you need the mobility from rocket boots more than you need a (toolbelt) stunbreak.

in pvp its 60044 all day erryday fo sho.

..but frankly i wouldnt trust metabattle either way.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

It’s in the variants! I also noticed they recommended Scope over Power Wrench as an alternative! Don’t ever take Scope over Power Wrench! Don’t ever take Scope ever! lol metabattle!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

ah my bad i didnt see that part.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

there’s hardly anything I’d call an engineer meta in wvw, it depends greatly on what you want to do and who with.

inventions is a pretty solid traitline for wvw, automated medical response is awesome by itself.

And don’t ever take Protection Injection over Backpack Regenerator or you’ll , and I quote ostrich eggs on this, “die like a little bich”!

that may be true for spvp but it’s certainly not true in wvw.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

ArrDee.2573

Well just attack Vee Wee and ignore the fact that even though some Engineers have used the Inventions tree in tournaments none of them won or have even come close to winning! None of them even came close to even consider them doing well for that matter! Prot Injection over Backpack Regenerator! Silly! Scope over Power Wrench! Even sillier! That’s just silliness to the extreme! Why are these even recommended variations! Metabattle is such a great idea! Vee Wee used the PvX wiki all the time in Guild Warts 1! But the difference is is that when Vee Wee used GW1 PvX, the builds were good and the site had admins who knew what they were talking about! A real shame!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

You gave 1 star to the classic 6/0/0/6/2 rabid engi build, you know builds very well for sure.

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

ArrDee.2573

60062 hasn’t been used widely since the hambow meta when their heavy CC and general overpowderedness necessitated Protection Injection! With the hambow nerfs literally over half a year ago and the adrenaline changes a few months back, hambows were phased out and the Engi condi meta shifted to where P/P Engineers with Tool Kit and Balthazar Runes are the strongest condi build, though Vee Wee still prefers Adventurer Runes! You can see that from the WTS and ToL2 winners! The only condi Engi winners were 30/10/0/20/10 and not the outdated 30/0/0/30/10! Don’t be so silly my frand witcher! Keep up with the times! Get good at PvP!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

wvw and spvp are different. op clearly asked for wvw builds/advice. tournament builds are meaningless for most wvw stuff.

engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

Veewee talks about roaming builds, guys that protect Inventions line talk about zerg.

In zerg you may run anything if you r not going to bring rally even full soldier with 20660

for sure second minor in Inventions is pretty good for zerg – second water field. But that kinda things wouldn’t help u in top 2 eu borders (deso and sfr)

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

ArrDee.2573

You are absolutely right my frand Maskaganda!

60440 is inferior to 60044 for a bunch of reasons! First when roaming in a giant open world PvP area, permanent additional 33% movement speed is way superior to permanent 25% movement speed! If you find yourself overwhelmed, it’s probably a guaranteed death if you find yourself relying on just Power Shoes! Also if you find that your opponent is running away, which happens literally every single time, you’ll have that extra move speed to chase him down! Not only that but Speedy Kits is literally half the trait point investment when compared to Power Shoes! Speedy Kits is the clear winner here!

Also many Engineers run Elixir Gun for the added movement bonus that Acid Bomb gives you! Taking 4 in tools resets your stunbreak which is especially useful if you don’t have Protection Injection! Backpack Regenerator should always be taken over Protection Injection or else you’re missing out on all the benefits that celestial healing power grants you! 4 in tools also lowers the cooldown for Elixir Gun’s stunbreak! It’s a win win!

In WvW because of food buffs and the large precision buff you can get from that whatever maintenance oil, you can get away with taking Protection Injection over Invigorating Speed and taking Energy Sigil for your second sigil, the first being Sigil of Battle obviously! Taking this route will help you against the massively boosted ferocity stats that power builds have relative to tPvP! Vee Wee recommends Hiba’s WvW build if you want to go celestial rifle! Vee Wee thinks it’s the best option for a celestial roamer and it doesn’t require weeks of gathering celestial materials for crafted armor!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpdrlcxELseNCbBNyx8GRuxq85IEgkC-T1RHABF8AAaS5HY6AAU9n6UCCwFAgk9HIFAMDjA-w

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

60440 is inferior to 60044 for a bunch of reasons! First when roaming in a giant open world PvP area, permanent additional 33% movement speed is way superior to permanent 25% movement speed! If you find yourself overwhelmed, it’s probably a guaranteed death if you find yourself relying on just Power Shoes! Also if you find that your opponent is running away, which happens literally every single time, you’ll have that extra move speed to chase him down! Not only that but Speedy Kits is literally half the trait point investment when compared to Power Shoes! Speedy Kits is the clear winner here!

or you take neither and get swiftness from warriors wh/guardians staff 3! it depends greatly on what you want to do in wvw and who with. since the op didnt mention anything about his playstyle it’s pointless to debate a “meta build”. personally I rarely take either one, especially if grouped.

there’s more stuff in inventions than just power shoes tho, I recon most players in wvw who go 30 in inventions , take it for elixir infused bombs and grab power shoes along the way.

you’re also assuming all engies in wvw use celestial and would benefit from backpack regen. not just that but damage in wvw is made in huge coordinated bursts and healing is mostly made through regroups/blasts, even in small scale. backpack regenerator will hardly make a difference when you can get bursted down before the third tick heals you. similarly, while I love eg, it’s stunbreak won’t ever save you when you get a 10 man hammer train on you. you just get cc’d again.

then again, for other situations both of those will be useful. as I said, it depends what you want to do in wvw.

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

Also many Engineers run Elixir Gun for the added movement bonus that Acid Bomb gives you! Taking 4 in tools resets your stunbreak which is especially useful if you don’t have Protection Injection! Backpack Regenerator should always be taken over Protection Injection or else you’re missing out on all the benefits that celestial healing power grants you! 4 in tools also lowers the cooldown for Elixir Gun’s stunbreak! It’s a win win!

In WvW because of food buffs and the large precision buff you can get from that whatever maintenance oil, you can get away with taking Protection Injection over Invigorating Speed and taking Energy Sigil for your second sigil, the first being Sigil of Battle obviously! Taking this route will help you against the massively boosted ferocity stats that power builds have relative to tPvP! Vee Wee recommends Hiba’s WvW build if you want to go celestial rifle! Vee Wee thinks it’s the best option for a celestial roamer and it doesn’t require weeks of gathering celestial materials for crafted armor!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpdrlcxELseNCbBNyx8GRuxq85IEgkC-T1RHABF8AAaS5HY6AAU9n6UCCwFAgk9HIFAMDjA-w

Wahoo! Bye frands!

you can call 60440 bad all you want but it doesnt change the fact that ive roamed with it literally since they buffed powershoes and have 49k wvw tags, mostly from roaming not zerging

so go on, keep putting effort into turning around every time you need to launch yourself and keep dedicating a thread of thought to kit swapping every 12 seconds. ill think about where my next fight takes place instead, something you dont need to do in spvp because it literally walks up to you.

oh, and keep calling me bad too.

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

ArrDee.2573

My frand insanemaniac when did I call you or anybody bad! The only people that are bad are the owners of metabattle! I am glad 60440 works out for you and I simply think you could get more out of 60044 and I listed why! That’s all silly bear!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I’d say power shoes is pretty bad in most cases I can think of because speedy kits isn’t solely used for movement, but it’s also very high synergy with invigorating speed. Even within inventions, you’re tossing out a flat boost to power, protection when you get critically hit, or reduced damage when stunned if you take power shoes while speedy kit guarantees higher vigor uptime, with all gaps being closed when people cast swiftness on you. Thus, even as numbers increase, speedy kits/invigorating speed tends to be better anyways. So yes, I’d definitely vote against that 6/0/4/4/0 build; I would rather it look like 6/0/2/4/2 with invigorating speed; because protective shield isn’t bad for an adept trait. IMO, inventions are best used with elixir infused bombs. I say if you’re going to use healing power like that, then put up something that actaully takes advantage of it.

As for Protection Injection vs Backpack Regenerator, it’s probaly true the first item is more of a zerg item. In roaming, protection injection is obviously not good for non-power builds which is redundant unless you feel like trolling warriors. In zergs, this really depends on how tanky you built yourself— the higher your defenses, the better backpack regenerator is, but there are many configurations where protection injection will let you survive being trained. In my experience though, backpack regen has been consistently more helpful and even more so if you celestial.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

My frand insanemaniac when did I call you or anybody bad! The only people that are bad are the owners of metabattle! I am glad 60440 works out for you and I simply think you could get more out of 60044 and I listed why! That’s all silly bear!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

60044 doesnt offer a reset on healing turret, which is the single strongest element of 60440. thats why i defend/promote it. because when you have to run from 5 people, the heal reset is actually enough to keep you running across 1/2 the map, unlike a stunbreak reset. because running from any bad situation is a perfectly acceptable response, unlike in spvp where you need to avoid starting those bad situations at all costs. instead, in spvp, you need to create favorable situations. you cant guarantee that in wvw in the same way, because people just avoid you (or arent even there to begin with) when youre the bigger bully.

some of the most fun i have in wvw comes when i dive right in to stupid situations and come out on top because the people im fighting are even more useless than a tower lord. but thats something you have to create, because more often than not people will not fight you unless they clearly have an advantage, and a reset on healing turret is a huge ace up your sleeve.

also gl soloing towers/keeps as not-condi without that heal reset. not that like… you have to… or anything, but its an amusing pastime to me. its almost boringly easy to solo things in full ascended when no one is around, it just takes way too long to build the siege.

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

witcher.3197

Vee. When you started helping out on the site I greatly appreciated it, really. Problem is, it quickly became clear that you don’t care about helping the GW2 community, not a tiny bit. You did it all for the attention. When we told you that taking credit is not allowed you went on a rampage, and you’re doing your best to undermine the site eversince – even if you can’t find something that’s wrong, you’ll just pick something you personally don’t agree with (it’s called an opinion) and pretend that’s worse than Satan. Seeing you plummet into such depths really saddens me.

I’m not a fan of keeping grudges, so recently I was thinking about offering you a new start and lifting your ban. But once again you’ve proved how immature and hateful you are.

You think we get anything for helping out on the site? No. We do it because we, unlike you, want to help others instead of hunting fame. Go on, keep telling lies and keep demonizing us. We could fly banners about how you suck, how “Veecap” is a waste of CD, we could make videos analysing every mistake you make on stream. But we’re not you, we have no intention to mess others up, because our goal is the opposite.

Keeping 40+ PvP builds correct & up to date is not an easy task. GWPvX had a much higher base of contributors which made it easier, but metabattle’s much younger. I’m pretty happy that we are recieving new contributors day by day now, this really helps to keep the builds in a good shape. But most people don’t want to offer help, it’s easier to criticize others than offering help afterall, and probably feels better for some.

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

Yet another, normal, decent question thread, derailed by an argument about Vee Wee.

As for the OP, meta at the moment form my experience in wvw now is:
Full Celestial
Dire/Rabid
(For power engineer, meta is classic static discharge setup)

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

Wahoo! Bye frands!

I have to disagree fully on not taking inventions. 20 in inventions is IMO far superior to the normal swiftness+vigor combo. The 15 in inventions alone makes it worth it. Healing turret recharge has been a life saver for me in numerous situations, both for extra condi cleanse and another heal burst. I don’t understand why people are so against it, the only thing you lose is vigor which should not be a problem if you don’t spam dodges on random kitten. If you really need more dodges take the sigil and you should be fine.

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Guys seriously, this thread is about a build, not about VeeWee. Please talk it out on PM or anywhere else because it does not concern the majority of us

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

The Inventions variant is crap.

1) The Invigorating Speed and Speedy Kits combo gives you perma-swiftness (33% movement speed), which is obviously superior to permanent 25% boost.

2) If you want protection, kitten ICD Prot Injection is better than a 20s ICD Prot Shield.

3) Reset of stunbreak (Slick Shoes or EGun) > Reset of Turret heal

Inventions line should NOT be featured in the Ranked Arena build page. Roaming page, people use all kinds of different builds there so it doesn’t matter.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Please keep your input in this thread on topic. But does the topic need to be restricted to one specific mode of gameplay? I’d ask that you please not report this thread if the conversation is appropriate and within the Forums Code of Conduct. After all, even if the OP referred to WvW, maybe the conversation is relevant to PvP, PvE, WvW, or AbC.

If you feel that a build isn’t right for a certain type of gameplay, feel free to say so (respectfully) in the thread. Please do not report and try to pilot the thread in your desired direction. Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Does it need to be restricted? Well yes, when the thread was specifically created to inquire about builds specifically in that context. Particularly when builds values do vary greatly between the different game modes aspects of game play.

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

maybe the conversation is relevant to PvP, PvE, WvW, or AbC.

ABC? Alliance Battles Confirmed? ALLIANCE BATTLES CONFIRMED! :P

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Ryn.6459

What are Alliance Battles? http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Alliance_Battles

A new PvP format?

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

…I’d ask that you please not report this thread if the conversation is appropriate and within the Forums Code of Conduct…Please do not report and try to pilot the thread in your desired direction…

I’d like to add an engineer to my stable of characters so I’ve read this whole thread with interest. I can clearly see the case for different specs within the realm of WvW, depending on the goal of the player. I can filter for myself which argument applies to me.

But its also a good example of why the forum needs its ignore/block feature fixed. Having that feature working could prevent users from trying to squelch each other with reports.

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

witcher.3197

What are Alliance Battles? http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Alliance_Battles

A new PvP format?

It’s conquest with more capture points. So basically conquest :P

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

words words words

So basically speaking about alliance stuff is not derailing the thread at all but me saying inventions is bad for any game mode(after you said that even if it’s not related to wvw it’s still valid to bring up which I totally did) is infraction-worthy?
Will I get permaban like nike dnt guy got after a joke video?
On topic: just play how you want OP. The meta is a lie and because of that any variation is possible!

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

words words words

So basically speaking about alliance stuff is not derailing the thread at all but me saying inventions is bad for any game mode(after you said that even if it’s not related to wvw it’s still valid to bring up which I totally did) is infraction-worthy?
On topic: just play how you want OP. The meta is a lie and because of that any variation is possible!

you only get infracted for constantly insulting and attacking others, not for calling things bad

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

30-0-0-20-20 celestial rifle great build for wvw/spvp.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

words words words

you only get infracted for constantly insulting and attacking others, not for calling things bad

Not in this thread! I am fine with being infracted for insults(since when is casual an insult anyway) but in this case I didn’t!

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

words words words

Not in this thread! I am fine with being infracted for insults(since when is casual an insult anyway) but in this case I didn’t!

since the raiding cdi?

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

Knox I always read youf posts back on guru days, so wierd seeing you looking for advice :-D

Look here:
http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

I’m pretty sure that is a different Knox. I used to post on guru pretty regularly.

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Ryn.6459

Sorry, my English is quite bad.

I meant that I was a follower of your guru’s posts.

Metabattle is good for PVE, and a point of start for PvP and WvW (as you have seen). I thought it was enough taking into account your background.

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

VeeWee’s right that inventions is awful in sPvP, but engineers making full use of inventions fill an undervalued niche role in WvW when they take the healing bombs trait. The healing from that trait scales with healing power, and can keep your group standing when it wouldn’t otherwise. The relatively short duration of fights in sPvP compared to WvW makes that role kinda useless if you’re defending small points, but fights in WvW can be massive. I wouldn’t recommend taking any of the turret related traits in that line if you go that route though, because they’ll get demolished instantly regardless. Supply crate makes a very nice AoE stun, but that’s as much use as you’re going to get from turrets in WvW.

There are lots of ways to play engineer, especially in WvW. Celestial rifle is probably the closest thing to a meta in WvW, but there are many ways to be just as effective, imo.

Meta Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

No one is suggesting inventions is not ideal for PvP. What people are arguing, is the agenda here. The OP very very specifically specified they desired advice for WvW. Then someone with a clear personal agenda made an off topic post to attack a website, which is completely irrelevant(simply because of personal issues with the websites admins.). While some of those post were deleted, this same person decided to push their agenda further by trying to make this into a PvP invention line discussion.

So clearly no one is debating the lines various value depending on the role and game mode. The issue is that some specific people make it a habit to derail threads completely for their own agenda, while only hurting the OP.

Being right or wrong about a trait or line in PvP doesn’t mean jack, in a thread about WvW play. It just goes to show you who puts thier own personal agenda above guiding those requesting guidance.

I absolutely remember you knox, from guru. Welcome back by the way.