Meta Newb

Meta Newb

in Engineer

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Hey fellow engies,

I got out of a match yesterday that ended 350-500 on my engineer. This was my build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlcTh6rYJXwmKQ+FLsF1YcMGfB4IuBBgYHNFPBA-TJBFwAl2fIxDAoaZAAXAAA

Now when the game finished, since I had a lot of good fights and I’d call this a close game. Maybe not super close, but the enemies were relentless and half way through the game took control of mid in legacy, which is big, but we avoided mid as they had a bunker guard and controlled the side nodes and won. It was hard, and fun to win. So I type gg, and I get a response of “lol, it wasn’t a gg you meta newb”. I thought to myself, how is playing engineer meta. I mean sure my build is fairly solid, but it doesn’t show up on meta battle, and I have yet to encounter another player with the same build.

So I just thought I’d share with all you other engineers trying to find good builds since the changes. YES, you can beat down some players so hard they will think you are playing a meta build. I mean, what is meta right now? Either way, it confused me for a bit, then made me feel funny inside to think that my build is clearly working for me.

Meta Newb

in Engineer

Posted by: imMB.3258

imMB.3258

i use similar build.
They think you are using meta becouse u got static discharge.

and meta … i think its celestial→ nades, elixir gun, elixir s.
far from what u got, but haters Gonna hate.

(edited by imMB.3258)

Meta Newb

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

He clearly does not know the definition of META or he just does not know what the current meta is.
He’s just salty cuz he lost, nothing worth even considering.
Basing your build on one good experience is a bad idea.

Meta Newb

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

and meta … i think its celestial-> nades, elixir gun, elixir s.

1. Engineers are not considered meta at the moment.

2. Closest meta we have is either soldiers or marauders. Nades, elixir S, toolkit and elixir X.

Meta Newb

in Engineer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

i use similar build.
They think you are using meta becouse u got static discharge.

and meta … i think its celestial-> nades, elixir gun, elixir s.

Celestial (at least with nades/toolkit) doesn’t work anymore since IP was moved from explosives to firearms, backpack regen was nerfed slightly, and overall everything does so much more damage now that celestial builds can only survive if they either have deathshroud (necro) or over 5K in healing every 9 seconds (ele).

Plus the condi changes make the engis lack of “burst condi removal” a larger weakness. Yes you can trait into alchemy and run e-gun, but removing one condi at a time isn’t enough to deal with the condi bombs that most condi or even cele builds will put out. This means that soldiers with inventions and HT is pretty much mandatory to be survivable in this meta, and even then its still fairly condi weak despite the 25K health.

So basically cele is no longer viable on engi because in the past you could do tons of damage while being tanky, now you can still do pretty good damage, maybe even tons of damage on cele engi, but since everything else hits so much harder theres no point as you’ll die rather easily.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

(edited by nearlight.3064)

Meta Newb

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

Celestial (at least with nades/toolkit) doesn’t work anymore since IP was moved from explosives to firearms, backpack regen was nerfed slightly, and overall everything does so much more damage now that celestial builds can only survive if they either have deathshroud (necro) or over 5K in healing every 9 seconds.

Plus the condi changes make the engis lack of “burst condi removal” a larger weakness. Yes you can trait into alchemy and run e-gun, but removing one condi at a time isn’t enough to deal with the condi bombs that most condi or even cele builds will put out. This means that soldiers with inventions and HT is pretty much mandatory to be survivable in this meta, and even then its still fairly condi weak despite the 25K health.

So basically cele is no longer viable on engi because in the past you could do tons of damage while being tanky, now you can still do pretty good damage, maybe even tons of damage on cele engi, but since everything else hits so much harder theres no point as you’ll die rather easily.

When starting to read this I tought I would disagree. But I agree completely but would like to add, the traits that made cele strong are split over more than 3 lines too.
Also unblockable skills and our access to mitigation(while being able to cast) is much weaker than mesmer distortion for example.

Meta Newb

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Your problem, as I see it, is caring what some random player on the losing team had to say.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Meta Newb

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Your problem, as I see it, is caring what some random player on the losing team had to say.

Mhmm

I do not even bother with the gg now. Not being rude but someone is always salty about the match win, or lose.

The thing about PvP meta xyz players who are top tier state that this build is the “best” build. So lots of people run it blindly. Other players who either run custom builds or are not that great at pvp sometimes point to this and try and create an insult. Sometimes not even knowing if the other person is running that “best” build (they just see the class).

Meta especially in PvP is neither here nor there. The build you run if you run it well and best the current meta with it then you are fine. Stop worrying about sore losers and just play.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Meta Newb

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I don’t think cele eng is no viable. With alchemy , invention and explosive you can take good celestials builds. Probably it is not as strong as before , but i can ensure you it is quite viable. The problem of soldier is that you lost all you condi damage and nades makes a lot of condition pressure if you take explosive so it is a matter of choice. And as second think , soldier has vitality but it has 0 healing power … it is quite disturbing for HT . I am not saying that celestial is better than soldier , i am only saying that it is really viable if you don’t play top tier pvp probably. And now for example , full rabid elixir builds with hgh are really really strong … there are many alternatives in my opinion for engi … at least 5 or 6 ( maradeurs builds , rabid builds (hgh elixirs, nades+toolkit, ft+jauggernaut .. soldier, celestials )… so we have really a good choices …