Might Lightning build

Might Lightning build

in Engineer

Posted by: Slan.5496

Slan.5496

I’ve been running this lightning discharge build in spvp and thought I’d post it here. I think it’s pretty solid for having fun in matches. Not sure it’s the best choice for tpvp, but what engi build is?

Anyway, it’s:
20— V, X (incendiary powder, enhance performance)
20— I, IV (invigorating speed, self-regulating defenses)
25— VI, II (speedy kits, static discharge)

pitol/shield
med kit, tool kit, rifle turret, goggles, supply crate
Rampager’s amulet and jewel.
Runes: 2x strength, 2x fire, 2x hoelbrak
sigils: superior battle and something else depending on preference

The attachment shows the stats. The main point of the build is to stack and sustain might during a fight. Outside of combat you can activate 3 stacks by popping in and out of medkit. So you can have 6-9 stackes up before entering combat (generally 6). With the rune buffs and the boon duration buff from traits, these stacks have a duration of about 26 seconds.

Things get better when you’re in combat, because then swapping kits activates the rune of superior battle which adds another 3 stacks of might for an even longer duration. The most I’ve ever stacked on the training dummies is about 20. Realistically that’s not going to happen in a match, but I’ve often ended an encounter with about 16 stacks going. About another amulet’s worth of power and condition dmg.
Crit rate is pretty good at 50%, so in addition to bursting your main target the discharge is hitting anyone nearby with a decent chance of procing burn and/or bleed on them as well.

I went with pistol/shield for added surviveability and the option to use two sigils.
If anyone uses a build like this, or tries it out, I’d love to get their feedback. Thanks for reading!

Attachments:

Might Lightning build

in Engineer

Posted by: Bargaw.4832

Bargaw.4832

You sacrifice ~500power to get half of it back and maybe 100 extra if you are really lucky?

Might Lightning build

in Engineer

Posted by: Slan.5496

Slan.5496

Might gives you 35 power and 35 condition per stack. It’s trivial to maintain 12 stacks in combat and I’ll usually have more. So you’ll have roughly the same amount of power as a Berzerker’s amulet plus a lot more condition dmg as well.

You could go ahead and slot Berzerker’s if you like, or another amulet. It wouldn’t change how the build functions. I just go for higher crit so that I can proc more conditions.