Mortar, Grenade, and Rifle #1 damage

in Engineer

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

I made these clips to show how much damage the mortar #1 attack deals out compared to Grenade #1 and Rifle AA, our two other ranged options. It seems to me that mortar puts out the same power damage as Rifle (or at least so close as any difference is negligible). I am only putting them here so people can view them more easily than trying to find them in the 6 pages of the “Mortar Nerf” thread. Please keep the discussion of the mortar nerf in that thread, thank you.

“Naked” stats (no traits to increase the damage of any weapon) against target dummies in the SW:
https://youtu.be/U-OZYfXrNlM?t=1m

Standard DPS build with zerker and assasins gear against mobs in the SW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVRqEh_J4jk

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

in Engineer

Posted by: CaptainBBQ.9045

CaptainBBQ.9045

After watching the videos you posted I still don’t understand how people tolerate the constant manual targeting of the grenade and mortar kits. Having to constantly retarget an aoe like that is the sole reason I don’t use them.

in Engineer

Posted by: Koja.5169

Koja.5169

There’s an option to change ground-targeted skills to fire on the initial press of the hotkey — or when it’s released — rather than requiring a mouse click. The latter option (fire upon release) even displays the targeting circle when you hold the key down.

So it’s a lot like firing at a target you have selected, except that the target is the ground under your mouse cursor.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

After watching the videos you posted I still don’t understand how people tolerate the constant manual targeting of the grenade and mortar kits. Having to constantly retarget an aoe like that is the sole reason I don’t use them.

Manual targeting is more reliable for long range, slow moving projectiles where you need to anticipate enemy movement. It’s also reliable for weapons used as area denial like necromancer staff (and mortar, nades)