Mortar Kit!

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

Is anybody else as excited for this as I am?

One of the potential traits they also introduced in the Explosives Specialization, since it was still to be determined which choice they were going with, was adding a blast finisher to the #1 skill for this kit, and I don’t think I need to tell you what an amazing trait that’d be. Basically anybody using any sort of fields would appreciate constantly proccing blast finishers as long as there’s a field to use (Such as the ranger’s healing spring. So much healing.)

Additionally, since they’re reworking everything with it, it means that it might deal damage that’s actually on par with what should be out there – the current iteration of Mortar kills slower than a ranger pet assuming the target is stationary, and that my friends is a low, low bar.

And, finally, the stylistic concern. Remember Horrik? I’m thinking we’ll be able to do the shoulder-mounted thing too. It’s what inspired me to make a charr engineer yesterday. Iron Legion sapper!

Attachments:

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I got an engi alt (necro main), but will admit, the mortar rework does intrigue me. As well as what its spec might be in general. Engi is already a strong class, so it’ll be interesting to see just how much stronger it gets from these reworks.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Harnel.6810

I think a sad part about a few of the classes is how limited their selection of elite skills is. Not in terms of how many they have, but in terms of how many are viable – for an engineer, if you aren’t running supply crate, you’re nerfing yourself. For a warrior, Signet of Rage is almost a requirement if you’re not running banners

If they can rework the mortar kit such that it keeps up with Supply Crate, we should see a massive increase in where it can be used.

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

For a warrior, Signet of Rage is almost a requirement if you’re not running banners

What banners?
Also all warrior elites are pretty strong and they are all used.

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Harnel.6810

Oh. Well, I don’t really play warrior – I just see the Signet way more often than the others.

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

I’m excited too, mortar that become a kit, without any cd on swap (Lyssa runes here I come), potentialy an AA that is a blast finisher and the old mortar added to F5 (new toolbelt elite slot);
we definitly get more choice for elite slot (probably more choice than any other professions), since we get Supply Drop that become a turret (wonder how that will work) and Elixir X F5 that is an AoE Moa, not to mention the new elite we get with specializzation.

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

not to mention the new elite we get with specializzation.

I’m curious as to what the toolbelt abilities will be for each of the race-specific Elite abilities. I know that few of them are worth using, but it’s always fun getting new toys. :P

The class is always greener on the other side.

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

I’m curious as to what the toolbelt abilities will be for each of the race-specific Elite abilities. I know that few of them are worth using, but it’s always fun getting new toys. :P

Don’t get your hopes up, considering how the revenant work, the amount of new toolbelt abilities they would have to add and the new specilizasion system, it looks like racial skills are getting removed.

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Aww! But-… Charrzooka! And the Norn transformations!

The class is always greener on the other side.

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Aww! But-… Charrzooka! And the Norn transformations!

Most of the racial skills I can see being removed for game play reasons and not really have any effect. After all, not all asura are golemancers or scientists, not all Charr have a warband or engineering skills, not all humans are six-gods devout, and not all sylvari have an affinity for nature magic.

The exception however, is just like you said, the Norn, they are ALL shapeshifters, without exception. Take that away and they will just be big humans, something people already complain about with how little attention the Norn tend to get as a race in the personal and living story.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Oh. Well, I don’t really play warrior – I just see the Signet way more often than the others.

Yea like staff is mandatory for guardians in every game mode. I keep seeing them so it must be true, right??

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Harnel.6810

Yea like staff is mandatory for guardians in every game mode. I keep seeing them so it must be true, right??

Funny. I actually meant that I took a cursory glance through Metabattle and found that Signet of Rage was overrepresented.

Are you just going to make snide comments, or actually contribute to the thread?

Most of the racial skills I can see being removed for game play reasons and not really have any effect. After all, not all asura are golemancers or scientists, not all Charr have a warband or engineering skills, not all humans are six-gods devout, and not all sylvari have an affinity for nature magic.

The exception however, is just like you said, the Norn, they are ALL shapeshifters, without exception. Take that away and they will just be big humans, something people already complain about with how little attention the Norn tend to get as a race in the personal and living story.

I personally like Wooden Potatos’s concept – hero point tracks for each race, where you start off with the one for your race unlocked and have to unlock the others as you go, eventually allowing you to choose something from any race you please.

There’s a few problems inherent to that idea, but all the same it would mean they could bring the power level of the racial skills up to par, since everybody would be able to pick them at that point.

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Honestly, I’d be mighty fine with just one race having racial skills. I don’t get the big fuzz people raise about such minor balance issues, considering this is a MMO (as in, overall balance is always going to be meh, rather make stuff for how lore-fitting it is).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Ahhhhh, they really taking out racial elites? I loved reaper of grenth for my necro, and hounds of Balthazar. Was looking so forward to using the reaper of grenth skill as a reaper and stacking up chill and poison and chasing down my foes. V_V

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Harnel.6810

We don’t know if they are – Speculation says it could go either way.

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

We don’t know if they are – Speculation says it could go either way.

The picture of Ele’s specialization only showed 11 trees, 5 for skills (1 for each skill type), 5 for traits (1 for each specialization), and the 1 elite specialization. Then, again, it could still be WIP.

Mortar Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I always wanted that weapon that the charr is holding in that concept art. If the mortar kit turns out like that I will cry tears of joy