Mortar Kit and Rune bonuses

in Engineer

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

How do you all think the Mortar Kit will interact with on use of elite skill bonuses from rune sets?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arleon.5921

Arleon.5921

I guess it will be like the med kit — you can activate the rune effects by taking it on or off, and it`s balanced by the internal cd of the rune.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Yeah I agree with Arleon. They have ICDs for precisely this reason.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Superior Rune of the Sunless might be great with mortar kit.

in Engineer

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Yeah, what will be more interesting to see is if it also procs “On Weapon Swap” and “On Kit Use” effects from Sigils and Traits.

Using Krait Runes and Geomancy and Ice Sigils with the Speedy Kits Trait means that equipping the kit will give you a few stacks of aoe bleed, torment, chill, and swiftness… to me, that sounds suuuuper strong 0.o

Edit: And aoe Poison too! Oh my!

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

(edited by MattyP.6954)

in Engineer

Posted by: Drath.4750

Drath.4750

The tough part with mortar kit will be keeping track of the ICD on the runes. AoE fear and poison on a 45 second cooldown is very powerful, but if you are switching to mortar kit far away from enemies when the effect comes off cooldown, you might waste the fear on nothing. It would be nice if the runes had a status marker when they’re ready like sigil of intelligence, opening strike, spotter, etc. so you know not to waste it.

It’s the same reason I think kit refinement is difficult to use in its current state, even if you only have one kit. You don’t really know when it’s off cooldown and you swap so much that it’s more of a surprise bonus than a skillful tool.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

I might actually go with Lyssa. Using your Elite would convert conditions into boons, and your heal would give you a boon. Actually, if you go down the new Inventions line, you’d also get the minor trait where “Using your heal would remove a condition.” Plus regeneration. So your elite is an Elixir C and your heal is a Toss Elixir C.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Actually there is a tell for kit-refinement, showing a boon with the traits’ number as icon. The true problem is that kit-refinement is also triggered ooc, which makes it extremely inconvenient now since it’s merged with speedy kits that force you to swap constantly for continued swiftness. Especially since some of the kit-refinement skills can get you in combat in the most unwanted moments, speedy kits suffers greatly from this merge.

Anyways, the current kit-refinement trait is not that bad in itself, especially if you focus on single kits and expect kit-refinement to support a very specific build idea.
A kit-refinement build I like to run currently f.e. is EG + Slick-shoes + rocket-boots.
it’s 4/0/4/4/2, focused on max mobility, but takes power-shoes, protective shield, protection injection and backpack regenerator instead of the common speedy kits+ invigorating speed combination.
This allows me to weapon-swap when I want to – for the immob-trail – instead of when I must to regain swiftness, since powershoes gives me decent in-combat speed already.

Once the patch hits I really hope for a-net to recognize this issue and change kit-refinement to only trigger in combat for starters, and – as bonus – to separate the cooldowns for all kit-refinement skills again to make this trait actually useful for multi-kit builds.

Alternatively they should drop the idea of robo-legs increasing the duration (or effectiveness?) of swiftness and give us the 25% movement speed bonus of the former power-shoes instead.
As it currently seems we only have infused precision as reliable in-combat swiftness source, that is not coming with either a heavy counter-intuitive mechanic, or a very situational effectiveness increase.

Still, theoretically robo-legs could be one hell of an awesome trait if it actually increases the “effectiveness” of swiftness, allowing us to become even faster than the current 33% movement-bonus (therefore even faster than super-speed, which just gives you out of combat speed + swiftness while in combat, but never excelling the magical +33% movement-speed wall). running it together with speedy-kits could really make us into a mobility-powerhouse, regardless if we trigger some unwanted kit-refinement spells as side-effect or not.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.