Mortar & Nades together?

Mortar & Nades together?

in Engineer

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

Hey folks, looking for suggestions on mortar/nades usage simultaneously in rifle build along with some other tips from seasoned engibros.

Nades seem to be the go-for in power builds for point blank damage, however Mortar utility far surpasses Nades imo and the DPS in point blank is not the shabbiest.

If I take Mortar kit only, beside Elixir Gun which I won’t forsake, what other Kit should I equip? Toolkit? Somehow I don’t fancy it too much, can you sell it to me with what combos I can use with it?

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

Mortar & Nades together?

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Before I start giving you tons of advice you might not need – for what? PvP? PvE? WvW? WvE?

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Mortar & Nades together?

in Engineer

Lahm.7056

Good point, Xyonon!

It would be for WvW and primarily aimed for roaming.

Mortar & Nades together?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

I like it . Definitely love it for zerg and big group fighting . Solo and roaming not so bad. Smaller scale fights i would look into maybe hgh/juggernaut build . Definitely a good combo. You haven’t lived till you orbital strike grenade barrage and jump shot into a group.

Mortar & Nades together?

in Engineer

Lahm.7056

I like it . Definitely love it for zerg and big group fighting . Solo and roaming not so bad. Smaller scale fights i would look into maybe hgh/juggernaut build . Definitely a good combo. You haven’t lived till you orbital strike grenade barrage and jump shot into a group.

Your post got me to try grenades, and oh boy what was I missing, the close-range DPS is just insane and Grenade Barrage can hit for ludicrous amounts of damage, also since I’m running Tools with Kinetic Battery traited, I can usually either pop Orbital Strike or Grenade Barrage twice in small group skirmishes which is just bombastic.

I also decided to swap Elixir Gun for Toolkit, I lost mobility but I find it better overall with the clutch blocking and magnet pulling never gets old, also Pry Bar on a Power build? Ouch..that thing hurts.

I tried the Juggernaut build previously and while I found it effective, I didn’t enjoy the way its played.

I’ll stick with Mortar and Nades as they defintely go well together, I don’t think I’ll look back.

Mortar & Nades together?

in Engineer

Posted by: paladinecho.3024

paladinecho.3024

It absolutely would suck to get hit by a Grenade Barrage and an Orbital strike all at once. You’d lose half your HP or more. I like the idea of it

Mortar & Nades together?

in Engineer

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

It absolutely would suck to get hit by a Grenade Barrage and an Orbital strike all at once. You’d lose half your HP or more. I like the idea of it

lol. i would bring a blob of that !.. Jesus beam never gets old..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Mortar & Nades together?

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

In the context of roaming, I think giving up grenades is too much. Nades are a consistent way to pressure your opponent and not let them do as they please. Mortar is too hard to hit with and you can’t really pressure anyone with that unless you have setup. But when they work together, it’s a different story.

In larger fights, I find the opposite to be true as support becomes more important and mortar is much easier to land hits on, meanwhile retaliation and shorter range of nades starts to rear its ugly head.

And yes, tool kit is very strong; if all it had were skill 4, it’d still be solid.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Mortar & Nades together?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

Your post got me to try grenades, and oh boy what was I missing, the close-range DPS is just insane and Grenade Barrage can hit for ludicrous amounts of damage, also since I’m running Tools with Kinetic Battery traited, I can usually either pop Orbital Strike or Grenade Barrage twice in small group skirmishes which is just bombastic.

I also decided to swap Elixir Gun for Toolkit, I lost mobility but I find it better overall with the clutch blocking and magnet pulling never gets old, also Pry Bar on a Power build? Ouch..that thing hurts.

I tried the Juggernaut build previously and while I found it effective, I didn’t enjoy the way its played.

I’ll stick with Mortar and Nades as they defintely go well together, I don’t think I’ll look back.

I think juggernaut/hgh build will shine with celestial engi. Im glad you relized the powA! that is grenades. I run full knights with zerk/sold trinkets and i gota tell you if i can combo grenade barrage orbital and my rifle combo I can bring anyone from 100-0 no problem. hell if grouped properly i can do it to 4 others at the same time hehe. Besides orbital strike i find assisting my tank train with mortar fields is insanely effective if done rite. all while providing water fields.

Using grenades in the zerg blob is pretty sketchy at times with all the retal available but the focus fire you can toss down in one area in seconds is just to worth the risk man. I wish you luck . we need more engineers out there showing the masses that we can compete on every level of this game.

EVEN GVG! but thats a conversation for another day