Mortar Shall become a Kit in HoT

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/specializations-part-one-a-primer/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/specializations-part-two-reward-tracks-and-elite-specializations/

Due to the fact that I just woke up, I can’t read anything with any sort of comprehension but I did understand that Mortar will turn into a kit and that they are overhauling everything with regards to skills, and traits.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Let’s wait and see, that’s all i can say. There are quite a bit of changes coming along.
I also suspect that the “grandmaster trait that has the power to grant my character a defiance bar” isn’t anything other than a revamped Juggernaut.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Naw, I smell warri or guard as prime candidates for defiance.

Anyways, the article said that mortar will get the kit-flag, not that it actually turns into a mobile bundle.
I made a post in the Q/A thread about a few things – including this topic – in hope that we get a clear response in the live-stream tomorrow.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

yeah.
This is a huge buff for Alch builds, pistol builds, turret builds, etc as well.

Moving stats off traits gives alot of options you didnt have before.
Like, Alch with +300 vit. who cares? or inventions with +300 healing power.

A pistol build having to decide if to spend points in explosives for power and condition duration, at the cost of traits that do very little for you.
We don’t know how traits will be effected yet. But, moving STATS off them, already means alch builds, and pistol builds WILL have more stats towards key stats like power/prec etc, that they did not have before.

My SD rifle build for example right now is 06044. I ought to be getting a significant power increase in HoT. to match my zerker gear.

in Engineer

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If you can swap in and out at will (like normal kits), this is probably worth taking, maybe even OP. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

in Engineer

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

If you can swap in and out at will (like normal kits), this is probably worth taking, maybe even OP. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Sounds like they might be taking the suggestion I’ve made a bunch of times before, which would be to let you swap in and out of it at will, but give each attack elite-level recharges.
Which would be amazing.

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

I think they meant that mortar category becomes a kit, not mortar itself.

“All legacy skills will be assigned a category if they don’t already have one; for example, the engineer’s Mortar elite skill will become a kit. This means that traits and potential rune sets that affect kits can be triggered by this skill.”

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Sounds like they might be taking the suggestion I’ve made a bunch of times before, which would be to let you swap in and out of it at will, but give each attack elite-level recharges.
Which would be amazing.

It’s a suggestion that many people have made over the past years. And we have no guarantee yet. We just know that the mortar is being flagged as a kit skill.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

“..the engineer’s Mortar elite skill will become a kit.”

Stuff just got real.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

It’s not like the only drawback of mortar was the stationary aspect of it. It still deals bad damage.
I can see some uses if they keep the stability part while giving the user mobility.

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I feel it must be a revamp. It would be ridiculous to call a skill a kit if its not a kit.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I feel it must be a revamp. It would be ridiculous to call a skill a kit if its not a kit.

I think this is a safe assumption. There’s no point making it function with traits like kit refinement (though they’re redoing a bunch of traits anyways as per the post) if it can only function every 120 seconds. Unless of course it has some very profound effect.

Besides, simply “flagging” it as a kit without actually making it a kit would not really change anything with the skill. It’d still be that useless thing that it wasting space in the game.

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

It´s official now, I´m gonna ditch grenades for the motar! xD

Anyone else curious what motar´s kit refinement´s gonna be?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Just one thing I am bit worry about. I hope they remove that minimal range

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Just one thing I am bit worry about. I hope they remove that minimal range

I doubt it. That will probably be the major weakness of the kit, and a measure to prevent someone from taking the “Heal on Blast Finisher” trait and just healing themselves at melee range to a ridiculous degree if using the trait that gives the #1 skill a blast finisher.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

They need to remove it.
They definitively need to look into each and every skill of the new mortar kit to allow stream-lined movement, else it will be nothing but a dud.
That minimal range is exactly the reason why NOT every single engineer is running charr in WvW. Charrzooka is bogus because of that and only has a niche-place in PvE.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Wow, looks like they want mortar to be the equivalent of the best staff ele fields, and engineer to be a walking blast finisher. This is going to be hilariously OP.

Engineer Master Class 2015.