Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Details from livestream.

Attachments:

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

that looks kinda weak. theres no direct dmg listed on the tool tips though so maybe incomplete.

what about the caltrop shot that applied bleeding and cripple? no more concussion barrage?

instead we get poison and light fields? bleh

Edit: as a wvw played im actually ok with a good poison field but srsly no one wants more light fields. Why not a lightning stun field? The blast finisher is missing from skill 1, guess it got moved to orbital strike /sadface

(edited by Synosius.9876)

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

He has 21k hp in the video, so I’m assuming hes like celestial or something. So if u go full Power gear the orbital strike might actually reach 1,2k base dmg

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

The fact that damage, healing, or duration timers are missing from several of these means , to me, they are still trying to work all that out. To be honest, I’d be surprised if MK#3 doesn’t get a blind.

As for bleeding and cripple, if all of these end up counting as explosions (like grenades, bombs, etc…), then the explosions GM trait gives you some decent opportunity to do that with all the shells.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

I want to know how much the #1 attack hits for. That is the deciding factor of whether this is a good kit or not. If the #1 attack hits like a wet noodle, then this kit will be next to useless for a power build.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

I want to know how much the #1 attack hits for. That is the deciding factor of whether this is a good kit or not. If the #1 attack hits like a wet noodle, then this kit will be next to useless for a power build.

According to napkin math, mortar #1 hits about 47% harder than rifle 1. The rest of the mortar skills do less damage but have more utility.

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

According to napkin math,.

On a scale of bearbow to calculus math, where does napkin fall? :P

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

dude napkin math is where like all the important astrophysics and string theory calculations happen

that kitten is real

and its so far beyond calculus

(omg thats like .01% less than bomb 1)

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

According to napkin math, mortar #1 hits about 47% harder than rifle 1. The rest of the mortar skills do less damage but have more utility.

That is insane damage on a .5 sec cast time O.o
Does this mean it still won’t scale or crit?

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Does it still have a universal Cooldown each time a round is fired?

That’d put a damper on the AA’s damage, I’d think.

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

It sounds like mortar kit’s AA is going to make the kit worth being called an elite all on its own. This is both exciting and concerning for my “1” button on my mouse and keyboard.

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Will it count like an explosion?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Wtb glass cannon reskin for mortar

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Gern.2978

Thank you very much, I am pleased!

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Steve.7659

Steve.7659

Hey! I know it’s not really Mortar Kit related, but seeing you Josh active in this thread, I decided to ask my question here. During the initial livestream you said that Rifled Barrels (longer range for rifles) will be a baseline from now on. However we haven’t heard anything about it on Monday and I couldn’t find it in the notes either. Could we get a clarification on that please? Thanks!

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Yeah, I started a separate thread here. Hoping he or someone else will spot it:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Baseline-changes-and-clarification/

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Does the Mortar kit offer a similarly satisfying experience for condition builds as the Grenade kit did?

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Does the Mortar kit offer a similarly satisfying experience for condition builds as the Grenade kit did?

The mortar seems to focus on soft cc-condis rather than damaging ones

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

so far it seems like poison (poison-field), blind(lightfield) & chill(frostfield). beyond that we get a healing tick (waterfield) and an AA that hits as hard as Bomb AA, on 1.5k range.
Also all of them will most likely be counted as explosions, so bleed, cripple and vulnerability are potentially added on top of this.

If you then take bombkit, you have access to all fields the engineer is capable of, and all conditions the engineer is capable of, 2 of the hardest hitting AA’s (both “explosions”), & 2/3/5 blasts (number depends on the traits chosen) . That leaves 2 slots open for your pleasure, especially since we get a trait that allows automated stunbreaks…
This is the wet dream of every hybrid build.
Happy hunting, folks.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

And dont forget trait what make those effects last 40% longer:-P Perma blind is real

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

That’s nice, we are more and more an alternative to thief (PVE wise).

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

And don’t forget that kit refinement might give mortar kit an ethereal field

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: fauXnetiX.6459

fauXnetiX.6459

What’s the projectile speed? Will it remain the same? Does first skill have to be ground targeted?

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

All skills, including AA, will be ground-targeted, but the projectile speed is comparable to rifle, at least judging from the stream.
Maybe a bit slower.

edit: also it has a slight firing arc, so terrain obfuscations shouldn’t be an issue in general, still it’s much more narrow than nades or the current mortar, so it will not be able to hit on top of walls in WvW(depending on the impact size it may still be viable for bombing siege), nor will it be able to fire above walls of reflection, if fired from the same elevation-level.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Could we have a way to keep the button pressed to continue autoattacking instead of having to click the button repeatedly (both for mortar and grenades)?
My fingers and hands would gladly thank you for such an improvement.

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: badwolf.2583

badwolf.2583

yeah, the only thing im concerned about here is can we get a Cast ground target skills on my target button? i would like that for this elite and other skills similar to it

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

ohhhhh babbby mortar HGH hype

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Shadow of Azrael.1205

Shadow of Azrael.1205

How “elixir fields” are affected by alchemy traits ( hgh, condi removal) ? Do they grant stuff on initial impact only or on every pulse tick?

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

How “elixir fields” are affected by alchemy traits ( hgh, condi removal) ? Do they grant stuff on initial impact only or on every pulse tick?

Given how they have gone about balancing this class, my bet is that it occurs on every tick. All concept of balance was thrown out the window when it came to engies.

At least I already have a frequent alt to embrace the status as pvp overlords.

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Deax.1572

Deax.1572

Question: Will mortar shots count as explosions and be affected by Explosive Powder grandmaster minor trait?
Edit: and Shrapnel trait?

(edited by Deax.1572)

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

will it be possible to use the mortar kit under water? i mean we dont have the 1500 range with grenades under water anymore ^^

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Gern.2978

Could we have a way to keep the button pressed to continue autoattacking instead of having to click the button repeatedly (both for mortar and grenades)?
My fingers and hands would gladly thank you for such an improvement.

^This.

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I did some math (or atleast tried to) xD

I got full zerker gear: ascended trinkets, exotic gear and ascended assassins rifle which gives me about 2700 Power with bloodlust.

The rifle AA does 781 dmg, and since the mortar auto would deal about 47% more dmg than the rifle AA that would be about 1148 dmg.
If the mortar AA will be an explosive it’d be affected by the 10% dmg increase and do like 1262 dmg which seems pretty nice!

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

jupp, seems like ranger AA, but as 100% projectile finisher, aoe-impact and proc for steel-packed powder & shrapnel.
Can’t wait to peel glassy builds with it^^

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

jupp, seems like ranger AA, but as 100% projectile finisher, aoe-impact and proc for steel-packed powder & shrapnel.
Can’t wait to peel glassy builds with it^^

Hype is real!

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I got full zerker gear: ascended trinkets, exotic gear and ascended assassins rifle which gives me about 2700 Power with bloodlust.

The rifle AA does 781 dmg, and since the mortar auto would deal about 47% more dmg than the rifle AA that would be about 1148 dmg.
If the mortar AA will be an explosive it’d be affected by the 10% dmg increase and do like 1262 dmg which seems pretty nice!

thats with rifle mod right? thatll affect rifle 1 the same as explosive powder affects mortar 1, so dont double count.

it seemed to me from head math that they matched it to slightly less than or equal to bomb 1.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

thats with rifle mod right? thatll affect rifle 1 the same as explosive powder affects mortar 1, so dont double count.

it seemed to me from head math that they matched it to slightly less than or equal to bomb 1.

Not with rifle mod. But I did forget I use Runes of scholar ( 10% icnreased dmg above 90% Health) so might have to recalculate!

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: ANort.1425

ANort.1425

will it be possible to use the mortar kit under water? i mean we dont have the 1500 range with grenades under water anymore ^^

Would love an answer to this, since grenades are hilariously inaccurate underwater unless you’re right next to the enemy, at which point you’re better off with bombs.

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Hansgrell.8179

Hansgrell.8179

If mortar kit 1 is going to use ground targeting (my poor fingers) will the explosive radius and projectile speed be fast enough to actually land the attack on a moving player? especially if one is sitting at around 200-400 ms speed? I really want to go Mortar kit but i am worried about aiming issues for me at least.

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

If mortar kit 1 is going to use ground targeting (my poor fingers) will the explosive radius and projectile speed be fast enough to actually land the attack on a moving player? especially if one is sitting at around 200-400 ms speed? I really want to go Mortar kit but i am worried about aiming issues for me at least.

https://youtu.be/Pbdl5WoAI90?t=1h5m18s

From the livestream, they fire off a mortar shot a fairly decent range to show it off. Think if you keep watching, they eventually swap back too it and fire a few more shots off.

Looks to be fairly speedy. Don’t think it should be too hard to hit targets on the move as long as you lead them a bit. Certainly easier than nade’s would have been at the range they showed off.

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: EroticAndHeretic.7398

EroticAndHeretic.7398

Is it me or does the Mortar just end up being a charrzooka?

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Kryld.2813

Kryld.2813

They’re still working on it, so i guess it will change.

But, I’m a bit scared about de radius of the mortar shot .. 120 radius, it’s our grenade. I thought it will be 240 at least ..

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

But, I’m a bit scared about de radius of the mortar shot .. 120 radius, it’s our grenade. I thought it will be 240 at least ..

Mortarkit will functionally be very similar to the (old) traited Grenadekit. Everything is ground targeted, with a travel time, shallow arch, 1500range. It even has a poison field, a way to freeze enemies and something called Flash Shell (that doesnt really do anything however except add to an already super common field-type.)

They just replaced the Shrapnel Grenade with a Healing ability. So the mortar is better for support, but junk for condition builds. So anyone who enjoyed using conditions and long-range will unfortunately be tough out of luck.

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I hope the AA will get 240 radius just like the other skills, 120 is just way too small. Mortar-kit is replacing grenades that’s right, but no argument for this small radius because we throw 3 grenades the same time so we were hitting a much larger area.

The fact we can’t use mortar effectively for condition builds isn’t such a big problem I guess. Grenades will still be the kit to take for condis and at 1500 they were really hard to use and got much more effective in mid range.

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: EroticAndHeretic.7398

EroticAndHeretic.7398

Well, they are still working on it, it’s true, but it’s from a recent video.
If this is the final skin, it will not stop me from playing the mortar, but… It will be a bit disappointing. Especially with the change with the Med Kit (left handed syringe!) and the bombs.

If we revert back to having 3 kits that looks a bit close to each others… (I mean, 3 “rifles”.)

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Mortarkit will functionally be very similar to the (old) traited Grenadekit. Everything is ground targeted, with a travel time, shallow arch, 1500range. It even has a poison field, a way to freeze enemies and something called Flash Shell (that doesnt really do anything however except add to an already super common field-type.

Couple of quick additions/corrections from the other Mortar thread:

1.) MK1 is the only AoE projectile finisher in the game. Players and enemies just need to be in the area where it goes off to receive the bonus, instead of standing right next the enemy struck by the projectile.

2.) Flash shell is a light field AND pulses blind.

3.) Ice Shell creates an ice field which is new for engies that will pulse chill instead of being a one time application like grenades.

4.) Tooltips and the stream demo showed a 240 area

5.) I hate lists that fall short of 5 items.

That all seems pretty useful and unique to me. There are still lots of unanswered questions, but maybe we’ll get that clarity today. Otherwise, we’ll know for sure tomorrow.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Mortarkit will functionally be very similar to the (old) traited Grenadekit. Everything is ground targeted, with a travel time, shallow arch, 1500range. It even has a poison field, a way to freeze enemies and something called Flash Shell (that doesnt really do anything however except add to an already super common field-type.

Couple of quick additions/corrections from the other Mortar thread:

1.) MK1 is the only AoE projectile finisher in the game. Players and enemies just need to be in the area where it goes off to receive the bonus, instead of standing right next the enemy struck by the projectile.

2.) Flash shell is a light field AND pulses blind.

3.) Ice Shell creates an ice field which is new for engies that will pulse chill instead of being a one time application like grenades.

4.) Tooltips and the stream demo showed a 240 area

5.) I hate lists that fall short of 5 items.

That all seems pretty useful and unique to me. There are still lots of unanswered questions, but maybe we’ll get that clarity today. Otherwise, we’ll know for sure tomorrow.

The Frost Field isn’t something new to engineers, the current mortar has it!

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

It’s new only cause no one ever used mortar kit before.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

It’s new only cause no one ever used mortar kit before.

I did!! I Count!

Mortar kit details

in Engineer

Posted by: Koja.5169

Koja.5169

Do we have any confirmation yet whether the updated mortar’s effects will counts as “explosions” for the traits which modify such abilities? Unless I’m mistaken, the current mokittenoes not trigger “explosion” traits (Shrapnel, Steel-Packed Powder).