Mortar needs to be deleted?

in Engineer

Posted by: Vardrag.2164

Vardrag.2164

Elixir X is very well If you get Juggernaut Tornado is also well but i dont like the 50/50 chance if this Elite 90% when i use it i hope for Jugger!

Supply Crate is very well because u have a 100% chance for your Turrets and some Medkits but the lackluster is when u drop it in PvE the turrets will PoP in 0,5 seconds if the Bosses drop any of there Aoe fields.

Mortar is just bad i didnt found any situation where it could be usefull. Also in WvW/TPvP the other 2 Elites are far more overwhelming.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Yes Mortar is voted for the worst elite 2014. This is the third time Mortar gets an award. Mortar is also worst elite 2013 and 2012.

in Engineer

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Also it rallies enemies when its destroyed (atleast in wvw).

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Also it rallies enemies when its destroyed (atleast in wvw).

wow how cool is that ‘feature’

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Hahahha .. heh … mortar … why not a mortar KIT!? and remove global cd – FIXED.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Hahahha .. heh … mortar … why not a mortar KIT!? and remove global cd – FIXED.

This has been suggested multiple times. I have posted many times that it could function similarly to the charr racial elite, the charzooka, except with the skills of the mortar.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charzooka

in Engineer

Posted by: Vardrag.2164

Vardrag.2164

Yes i would like too see an elite Mortar/Charrzooka kit but at the moment u can own a Charrzooka as a Rifle. But another Elite Kit that would give us the opturnity to use it every time we want would make it a lil overpowerd. Because Kits seems to bee our Counter Blast in certian Situations.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Mortar Kit itself can have NO cd, yet the skills 1-5 should have between 20 and 180?

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Turn it into deployable Arrow Cart. Instantly an amazingly OP elite and engineers dominate all WvW. Think your about to push back that enemy zerg? Well 6 engineers just dropped 6 fully made Arrow carts

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Mortar has been slowly getting buffed but it still needs that major umph to make it viable. If anets too lazy to make it a kit, at least raising its range by 600 would automatically make it viable overnight since it would be able to fullfill its purpose of real long range attacks.

Anet, if you’ve been hesitating on increasing its range because you think it might be too much, just remember that a) its stationary its an elite c) shots are pretty slow and d) its a mortar.

(edited by Penguin.5197)

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Funfact: I use the charrzooka as elite for wvw all the time…

yes, the supply-crate is awesome, but ever tried to fire a charrzooka #2 into a nullfield in the middle of a zerg? xD

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

The skills on mortar are actually pretty good, to the point if it were a kit they’d be relatively overpowered. If they Nerf’d the skills a bit, it’d still be a pretty viable kit. The way it is now though, it’s true it’s only a novelty skill.

in Engineer

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

Just make mortar deal more damage like Lich Form. It is very slow and unmobile but it’s AoE – Fair trade.
Coz now mortar deals less damage than granade auto-spam which is absurd.
This will make mortar absulutly usefull elite both in PvE, PvP and WvW

Trust me. I’m engineer

(edited by Miltek.2104)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lixerious.5763

Lixerious.5763

The only upside of that skill is that when it disappears you can respawn it again.
But the range is lame, it should have at least 2000 range (its a mortar kitten ..!) and even worse it has a minium of 600 or so.
It can’t cri hit, the 5 spread shot is awful cause is unaccurate (though is mean to be that way)
Its slow to shot with it.

It would be more useful as an elite turret like mortar or cannon turret with more vit than thumper idk…something that’s not so lame that you can hardly use it in pve and even less in pvp

The only semi-useful function I’ve found is in bwikki boss in clan bounty hunts, cause if you use the mortar you dont get the freeze debuff when it has the “Frost aura” and you can keep attacking

in Engineer

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

Mortar is a joke, but deleting is pointless unless something else is offered. The lags and buggs with mortar make it even more useless if even it could be usefull in those rare situations.