My 3 kit build .

My 3 kit build .

in Engineer

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

Hello.
I warn u , i don’t speak english , pls don’t troll me i do my best and google transl is not the best help.
Please be constructive , i need some idea to make my build better or some criticism that make me focus on possible problems.
I know , kit ref was nerfed, it sucks etc . but we must deal with it.

Gears :
-armor : full knight (for the precision bonus + armor) ;
-trinket : full cavalier (prec/tought/crit dmg) upgraded with Beryl jewels (pow/crit dmg/vit)
-runes: 2 water , 4 altruism ; ( 30% boon duration + 3 might stack with healing skills) ;
-weapons : knight pistol+shield OR berserker rifle ;

Traits : 0/0/30/20/20 :
-inventions : protective shield ; reinforced shield ; power shoes ;
-alchemy : self-reg defence ; protection injection;
-tools : speedy kit ; kit refiniment .

Final stats :
-attack:2595 ;
-prec : 23%
-armor 3224
-crit dmg : 53%

Utility slot : healing turret ; elixier gun ; flamethrower ; tool kit .

With the passive protecion gived by traits of alchemy and inventions , if u get disabled you take little dmg ,also consider during the disable u can swap to flamethrower and use the blind #5 or anyway you can still swap kits.
But tested in WvW and PvP(8v8 nothing serius) , during a 1 vs 1 if disabled is really rare go under 50% hp ,and with the ammount of regen you have (turret + elixier gun + belt skills) you go back to 100% really fast.

I’m near my goal , because i don’t want a tanky build only but , a build able to make me survive and deal great dmg at the same time.

-With the introduction of acid bomb as finisher blast , it’s even more easy to make combos .I use EG only for the swap (kit ref) + #5 + #4(great dmg here , over 1k x tick) ; then i swap again.
-flamethrower : (Kit ref) dispell a condition ; i use it during disables,for the blind ability , or to knock enemy #3 and for the #2 skill that if land,deal from 800 tp 2200 dmg depends on enemy armor .
-tool kit : the best dmg resource of this build,hit like a truck , 500/1400 autoattack , #3 around 1400/2400 , formidable block ability , cripple (when u decide to run away) .

Pistol…well it doesn’t do any great dmg ,i mainly use it for the blind ability #3 , and to use the shield skills .
Rifle: make me lose 300 armor point , more dps yes,but a lot less defence and i miss the shield skills and the blind.

The build offers great dmg , but it still need some fresh idea to make it better.
I was thinking to use rune of the guardian,as a guy already told into another post,for the burning on block,and for the + toughness (i would arrive near 3400 toughness) ,or rune of the forge(14sec protection considering +buff duration on 60 sec cd + traits…yay prema protection ;D ).

Consider also that bomb kit can offer some great field and another blast finisher , but i really don’t know how to play it or what kit i should give away for it.

This build is also viable with cleric armor set ; apothecary armor set.

Apart from the 1 vs 1 , in WvW you are a great support or a great font of confusion for enemy if u run here and there in the first line of the battle , splitting their lines.

-Anyone have any tip to improve the build?

The only enemy that give me troubles are perma-stealth thieves , mesmers , and ofc super-eles( they don’t kill me…but on the other hand this 3 class are unkillable for me despite my great crit dmg output) , but i belive with a bit of practice i can find a solution for em.

Tnx for the consideration and i apologize for my english.
Regards.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

(edited by Nirvana.8659)

My 3 kit build .

in Engineer

Posted by: Lunar Corporation.5720

Lunar Corporation.5720

Your English ain’t half bad. Plus this is the forums, no one writing a Textbook or some new literary novel here as far as I’m aware.

I’m interested in this build because I run a lot of the same utilities, I.E. Healing Turret, EG, FT. And I run a Pistol Shield. In terms of traits the only thing we have in common is the 20 in alchemy. But I take the I and VII routes. I have 30 in firearms with Infused shots, which gives me perma vigor. my Crit rate is 40% with knights gear armor and rabid trinkets. (really like the ascended Hymn to the Prophets amulet).

I have perma vigor which is huge for this class as we deal lots of damage in a neutral zone, which is gained through crits and kit swapping while zeroing in on the enemy. The other advantage i see with the update which I think was awesome for engineers is the fact that we can gain mega power off of the flamethrower.

As engi, I get my power from +damage % traits and generally avoid power gear (working on switching to rabid Orrian armor). So VII in alchemy gives you 15% damage boost, against burning foes thats +25% damage. might be a big help for u in terms of damage w/ flamer eh. I think 23% crit for engi is low :/ But I get that you have a power/tough build which streams better together with lesser crit. I just find that I have a lot more damage as engi with rabid gear, plus survivability from toughness provided.

In terms of those classes, No, it’s not just you, I have trouble with them in my condition build too (10/30/0/20/10) when there is the opportunity to clear conditions while running away. I use slick shoes in PVP just to track down the guys who pull their OH kitten moves to deny the escape route. But sometimes tricky with thieves.

Just call me Lunar

(edited by Lunar Corporation.5720)

My 3 kit build .

in Engineer

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

Hello Lunar.
Alchemy traits 1 and 7..i’m thinking about it from 3 days now.But ,with my build that relay on protection + boon duration,i’m still undecided if give perma vigor and +15% dmg a try.

But i must admit , Infused shot + Invigorating speed….wow,this is the kind of support/ideas i was looking for this build!

Knight armor + rabid jewel ,guess you have around 600 cond dmg.
Can i know your full statistics (if i’m not asking too much) like total armor,attack,crit,crit dmg,cond dmg,vitality?

I have +50% boon duration,and with the elixier b at 75% hp i have 15 sec of fury ,not a lot,but in this moments i have 50% crit chance.
I use crit chance/dmg food(i didn’t wrote it in the first post) so i start with 30% crit chance,not bad,i crit quite a lot.
Crit chance apart , i use to move a lot during combats , and i use to relay a lot on the skills that seems to have a highter crit chance (#4 of EG , #2 of FT ,# 3 of TK may be it’s me but they crit nearly 100% of the times).

Anyway,you just gived me a great input,i wll test this permavigor,going with 0/10/20/20/20 , in alchemy i will go for Inv speed + Inj protection ,i will give up on self regulating defence.Dangerous move,but is a test,may be with permavigor i can evade some tricky hit , considering i love to jump around my enemy during the combat,perma-vigor really looks like the +1 for this build.

Tnx for your reply , it was helpfull .
Regards.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson