NERF B.O.B

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

ppl say thief burst op but engi more op look screenshot i take. 12K AOE!

do u think balance? is this fair? NO

NERF BOMB KIT.

Attachments:

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

That’s a very nice Stomp you did there.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

I agree.

Nerf it

Attachments:

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Ehhh waka what am I looking at again?

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

waka.9826

I agree.

Nerf it

Ostrich has spoken, it shall be done.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Thats actually very clever, is it a flat power gain or multiplier from rampage, if multiplier, ever try 25 might stacks with that?

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Maiden England.3491

Maiden England.3491

its an aoe that takes a decent amount of time to detonate. no need to nerf it, if the opponent doesnt dodge the aoe theyre probably just stupid

Street Regulator

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

Bob is fine the way it is in every other situation, how about we just nerf rampage instead since we love to nerf ourselves all the time. Doubling your base power? Pffft that thing is op :S

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

First picture: I have no idea what’s going on there, aside from somebody talking about really liking it doggy-style and somebody being in the Rampage form. Sure does look like one dead-kitten light golem, though. Maybe try switching to the Combat tab next time before taking the screenshot.

Second picture: I do know what’s going on there (insofar as I can tell that somebody just got Big Ol’ Bombed for Big Ol’ Damage), and that is a huge number. However, no idea what buffs may have been in use, no idea what equipment (is it glass cannon gear, or tank, or what?) or pretty much anything that would give context (aside from the target being an Elementalist, a lightly-armored class). I notice that Elixir X is on cooldown; does that have anything to do with it?

If Big Ol’ Bomb is only dealing these massive amounts to lightly-armored enemies while under the influence of Elixir X, I honestly don’t really see what the big deal is supposed to be. They’re squishy, and if they get hit with a high base damage skill augmented by a damage-boosting Elite (and, I think, 5 stacks of Might, as Area Might would only add 3), they’re going to squish. Nuke a Warrior like that, and it’ll be more concerning.

(edited by Anymras.5729)

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: bromi.7809

bromi.7809

I’m not sure when was last time i actually hit someone with bob in tpvp.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

On par with 100b in damage vs lightly armored targets. Equally easy to avoid. 3-4x the cooldown…

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Kabooky.8071

Kabooky.8071

You had a 50/50 chance of it even going right. If you had pulled tornado on elixir X instead of rampaged you would have knocked players clear of the blast radius, giving you an effective blast of ZERO!
What is it with some engineers? Find obscure ways of doing half decent damage that are difficult to pull off and harder again to replicate/maintain. Then come screaming to own forums to nerf yourself. Does this big noting yourselves warrant sucking the fun out of these games? I hope you get kill shoted, shattered, C&D bs hs hs hs, 100 bladed to the face all day long. That way you can justify your Munchhausen by proxy attitude. Or better yet find yourself a different class to suck the soul out off.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

You know, I should be ripping your vital organs out with my bare hands right now.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

waka.9826

You had a 50/50 chance of it even going right. If you had pulled tornado on elixir X instead of rampaged you would have knocked players clear of the blast radius, giving you an effective blast of ZERO!
What is it with some engineers? Find obscure ways of doing half decent damage that are difficult to pull off and harder again to replicate/maintain. Then come screaming to own forums to nerf yourself. Does this big noting yourselves warrant sucking the fun out of these games? I hope you get kill shoted, shattered, C&D bs hs hs hs, 100 bladed to the face all day long. That way you can justify your Munchhausen by proxy attitude. Or better yet find yourself a different class to suck the soul out off.

Someone should have a time out.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

MrForz.1953

Someone should have a time out.

You prefered quoting that guy instead of my threats of physical violence?!

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

waka.9826

You know, I should be ripping your vital organs out with my bare hands right now.

You are a good man.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

MrForz.1953

That’s much better. >:/

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

You guys are missing a huge opportunity here. See if ANet thinks BOB/Elixir X combo is overpowered, then it will be nerfed, so they’ll leave everything else alone for another month.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

You guys are missing a huge opportunity here. See if ANet thinks BOB/Elixir X combo is overpowered, then it will be nerfed, so they’ll leave everything else alone for another month.

They’ve had two months to work on our nerfs they would just add that to whats already ready for next patch

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

But it’s so easy to evade BoB though…. and the strength of the damage depends on how much power/might stacks you have.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Neare.9703

Neare.9703

I scored tier 7 “Master of Overkill” achievement with my BOB – 300,000+ dmg.

Must be an exploit. Hope ANET gets onto this asap.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Engineer: Medium Armor, very squishy with Berserker
Skill: Big Ol’ Bomb
Reload Time 30 seconds
Managed once in a lifetime 12k Critical vs LIGHT armor GOLEM with no defense.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Big_Ol%27_Bomb
Conclusion: OMGZZZZZZZZ NERF IT TO THE GROUND PLZZZZZZZZ

Warrior Heavy armor, high survivability even with berserker
Skill: 100 Blades
Reload Time: 8 second
Hits for 15K-30K on a regular basis
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/100_Blades
Conclusion BUFF DAMAGE PLIZZ ARENA NET WE ARE THE WORST CLASS INGAME !!!! I PRESS A BUTTON AND ENEMY DIDN’T DIE OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZ kittenZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111111

Are you serious people?

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Incomming fotm burst-build. Just a neverending cycle.

1) Stuff be broken yo!
2) People mix and combine highly unusual traits, skills and weapons. Seemingly at random.
3) Eureka! Someone found a highly obscure, unreliable and contrived means to be almost 80% as effective as another profession!
4) Bandwagon ahoy!
5) Nerfed into the deepest cravices of the earth because Engineers arent suppose to have this (either).
6) There is no step 6, go back to step 1.

Right now we’re on our 5th cycle. Seems we just hit nr3.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

Thats the meteor storm into tornado trick. Done 11k+ meteor drops in wvw with that. Didn’t think using it on engi tho. Psst, don’t tell anyone!

[TA]

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

I’m not sure when was last time i actually hit someone with bob in tpvp.

Stand in the bomb so they don’t see it/glue bomb

works 100% of the time 80% of the time

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I think Engineers should not be punished for strategically using immobilize with Big Ol’ Bomb. Isn’t that the point of the skill? Nerfing it would be silly.

That said, I think they should make a more dramatic effect for the sake of telegraphing it better.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I think Engineers should not be punished for strategically using immobilize with Big Ol’ Bomb. Isn’t that the point of the skill? Nerfing it would be silly.

That said, I think they should make a more dramatic effect for the sake of telegraphing it better.

It’s in all technicalities, an unintended bug. There’s a difference between strategically using skills to your advantage, and exploiting something unintentional

Granted, no one should be stupid enough to stand in a big ol’ bomb radius, but the same was true of 100nade burst, and look what happened there.

Now that it’s been brought to light, you can bet on some haphazard fix to be incoming, sadly.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

They can nerf B.O.B. all they want so long as they keep that nerf on the sPVP and WVW side I do not want that nerf on the PVE side of things. Thank you very much!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

It’s in all technicalities, an unintended bug. There’s a difference between strategically using skills to your advantage, and exploiting something unintentional

Granted, no one should be stupid enough to stand in a big ol’ bomb radius, but the same was true of 100nade burst, and look what happened there.

Now that it’s been brought to light, you can bet on some haphazard fix to be incoming, sadly.

You make my head hurt.

Yes, immobilizing someone so a skillshot lands is a bug/exploit. Obviously.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

MrForz.1953

A fix on what, exactly?

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Actually, what they need to nerf is not BoB but damage boosting elites because necros can drop wells and go into Lich Form to do more damage. Same with Eles and their Tornado + Meteor Shower.

BoB doesn’t need a nerf at all.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

waka.9826

I like how serious people took this thread lol.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

1. Big Ol’ Bomb does 548 AoE damage raw. How do you get it to 13K damage?

2. Is BoB better than any other profession’s AoE skills?

3. Is 12K better than any other profession’s chained burst damage?

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

What you are seeing in the screenshot is him using B.O.B then using Elixer X to get the doubled attack power from Rampage before it goes off, resulting in a crazy high crit.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Ostricheggs.3742

What you are seeing in the screenshot is him using B.O.B then using Elixer X to get the doubled attack power from Rampage before it goes off, resulting in a crazy high crit.

We have a winner!

Hilarious when it works, totally unreliable and ridiculously difficult to land in practice.

Great for giggles, not so great for effectively killing people.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Forget Rampage, Tornado gives you triple the power rating. Just delay elixir X activation slightly and you won’t knock the out of the blast radius either.

I guess you can also try combining it with rocket and thumper turret for some more giggles.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

You make my head hurt.

Yes, immobilizing someone so a skillshot lands is a bug/exploit. Obviously.

What? I’m talking about taking advantage of damage scaling in a transformation.

By definition, that’d be an exploit, that I’m surprised has persisted in other professions.

I’m not arguing how amusing, or realistically usable this is. I’m not for or against anything, nor whether or not Arenanet should do something about it, I’m simply pointing out a fact, and I’d be very surprised if nothing was done about this once it becomes more public.

It’d definitely be a complicated affair to tackle, which is why I assume nothing has been done yet.

Imagine if a warrior were able to pop Rampage and finish casting a kill shot…

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Tsarbomba.9180

Tsarbomba.9180

I’m going to go out on a limb and say this will be nerfed before they fix scope. You know, making sure every other profession does no more than 30% (max under any twisted circumstances) of the damage warrior does takes priority over everything.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

So theoretically, if you were to say, lob Grenade Barrage with 7 or so grenades on their way to hit a clump of invaders rezzing their comrades, and while they were in flight, you popped Elixir X with a 50% chance of rampage and the barrage would hit for the new power calculation? Or will grenades not work with this?

That might be worth equipping goggles, just to up the crit chance.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Whelm.9072

Whelm.9072

I like how serious people took this thread lol.

I think they are more concerned that Anet might take it seriously and just nerf bombs altogether

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

The grenade kit nerfing started from a stupid statement just like this one.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

1) this was a troll thread and you guys fell for it lol
2)the dead golem was light anyways
3)if you look carefully you can tell the diference in damage between full glass cannon and somewhat tanky player as the gc player took 13k damage and the other player took 6k

and now enjoy the global anthem- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yunSRfnsVck

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Walorx.5129

Walorx.5129

I agree, the B.O.B. is sometimes so huge that I can’t even see what I’m doing on the node. Nerf plz

Vöz – “Stand in the red circles, they heal you”
YOUTUBE.COM/VOZTACTICS

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Tsarbomba.9180

Tsarbomba.9180

3)if you look carefully you can tell the diference in damage between full glass cannon and somewhat tanky player as the gc player took 13k damage and the other player took 6k

The problem is anet might not see this as a troll thread. You see how afraid they are to let any class get anywhere near warrior damage.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

The problem is anet might not see this as a troll thread. You see how afraid they are to let any class get anywhere near warrior damage.

that much is true anet seems to have lose fingers when it comes to engineer nerf hammer .

if they nerf it they’d have to compensate giving it extra range and extra knockback range .

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Ostricheggs.3742

I’m going to go out on a limb and say this will be nerfed before they fix scope. You know, making sure every other profession does no more than 30% (max under any twisted circumstances) of the damage warrior does takes priority over everything.

That as my first thought when I figured out how big ol’ bomb works with elixir X. Alas, unless you’re up above the players when throwing grenade barrage the grenades spread far too much for you to make any sort of practical use of it at such a large range as to be able to get X off before they land.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

expect nerf/fix in approximatedly 24 hours

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

This is actually the same deal with things like ele’s meteor storm. You can cast it, and pop tornado while the meteors are still falling. Since tornado has triple the power, it should up the damage on the meteors. I say “should” because I haven’t actually tested this.

I’m not really sure how warriors or necros would take advantage of this though…

I also wouldn’t label this an “exploit” since it’s doing what it’s supposed to do. The damage done by your abilities is determined by your stats at the moment of impact. If you place the bomb and then get a power boost from the transformation, your stats are possibly higher and will thus the bomb will do more damage.

Think of it this way. If I lay BOB, then obtain might stacks through things like HGH, sigil of battle, or an allied guardian using empower, then BOB will do more damage when it hits because I have additional might stacks now. Does the fact that I acquired these might stacks (i.e. stat boosts) after laying BOB constitute an exploit?

I believe most people would not consider this an exploit, but then it is also ironic if they do consider transforming into rampage or tornado an exploit. It is perhaps an unintentional aspect of ANet’s desired implementation, but I do not believe that is sufficient to label it an exploit.

Although then we can get into a debate over what constitutes an exploit, but it’s a somewhat grey area and such discourse wouldn’t be productive. However, I believe labeling it an exploit implies the player is taking a deliberate action to subvert intended mechanics for personal gain, which I do not believe applies to this scenario.

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

not to mention it takes nearly 2 minutes to cooldown the elite

compare it to 100b and backstab and pistol whip next time before accusing of being OP :>

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

NERF B.O.B

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

3 Things!

1. B.O.B won’t be nerfed.. It would take too much work to “Fix” this considering this is only viable as a troll build for hotjoin or a cool trick for your friends (Try going this glassy on tPvP and watch their thiefs and mesmer bear hug you)
  2. Everyone takes supply crate(exept me)
  3. Scope will never be fixed! apparently it will be remade <3 Proof!