NEW BALANCE CHANGES >:I

in Engineer

Posted by: Alec B.8905

Alec B.8905

Engineer
Blunderbuss: The damage of this ability has been increased by 10% at all range thresholds in PvP only.
Jump Shot: The damage of the initial jump has been reduced by 56%. The damage of the landing has been increased by 28%.

that’s it…

ANET PLZ! out of the countless necessary changes engi needed you only did 2 things PATHETIC. As an engi main this infuriates me how little they looked at engi.

My view point is that Anet S C R E W E D engi as a class when they put in scrapper because they obviously can’t make any changes to core engi without making scrapper OP! Honestly though…this is all you give us…

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Sigh.. I’ll go over the list of stuff again in case some dev reads this.

Rifle:

• Low damage compared to hammer, long cooldowns.
  • No defense despite needing to get in close to deal damage
  • Overcharged Shot is very unreliable given the prevalence of reflect, stability, block, etc. Self-cc hurts
  • Jump Shot lacks evade frames, so is very often interrupted mid-flight. Difficult to land.

Grenades/Flamethrower:

• Are unfairly punished by retaliation compared to comparable aoe skills on other classes that only hit once.

Rocket Boots:

• Doesn’t do enough for taking up an entire skill slot (true for gadgets in general).
  • Doesn’t go quite far enough
  • Doesn’t evade, often interrupted
  • Doesn’t break stun (maybe this could be on rocket kick?)

Condi Cleanse:

• There is practically none available unless you dedicate a valuable skill slot to it, but that’s not always an option given that engi builds require all their skill slots. I would gladly trade my elite skill for another regular skill slot to take purge gyro or another condi cleanse.
  • Alternatively, you can use the Alchemy traitline, and practically every build does for this reason. It’s basically mandatory.

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Eh its the “Physical damage of fire bomb increased” pvp edition. On the bright side we didnt get anihilated like revs.

(edited by Pride.1734)

in Engineer

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Engineer

Jump Shot: The damage of the initial jump has been reduced by 56%. The damage of the landing has been increased by 28%.

The best part is ANet clearly devoted resources to review this particular Rifle skill but still didn’t address it’s lack of evasion frames like similar abilities across multiple other classes. Especially needed for compensation as opponent players react to and dodge the landing damage …

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I think that would actually require doing work on the skills, rather than tweaking numbers here and there..

Still, I’m glad they’re at least trying. It’s more attention than Rifle has had in years (and has been sorely needing since HoT).

in Engineer

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Did ANET screw up cuz Blunderbuss seems to be hitting a lot harder, in PVE, so just curious if they made a goof.?Be great if they did!! maybe its just wishful thinking on my part.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Engineer

The best part is ANet clearly devoted resources to review this particular Rifle skill but still didn’t address it’s lack of evasion frames like similar abilities across multiple other classes. Especially needed for compensation as opponent players react to and dodge the landing damage …

I know right? It’s not like we can spam it like vault… And its damage isn’t even close to comparable.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.