Nap's Condi Turreteer Tpvp and 1v1 build

in Engineer

Posted by: Napzor.8275

Napzor.8275

Hello everyone, i’m Nap, and i’d like to present you a build that can win 99% of the duels. It can also effectively survive 2 people for quite a lot, and win in some situations vs 2 people, though highly unlikely. I am speaking from a perspective of a top player (I’ve been top25 team queue, and tried this build already on high mmr versus good opponents). The build fails in team fights, similar to condi warriors.
The build revolves around using turrets and condi pressure, as you will see in the guide.

All the explanations are in the guide itself, but for more in-depth info, make sure to ask a question either here on the forums, on the actual website, or ingame.

Check it out and have fun my turreteer friends!

http://intothemists.com/guides/3674-naps_turreteer_1v1

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

nice build. But I would like to see some videos.

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

I don’t think i will record anything, fraps is bugging or something for me… But when i’m not team qing, i’m camping the 1v1 arenas, so you can see me there (angz arena on EU mostly).

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

one question how you handle condi necros with your build. I mean you die like all of us in the fear after you got your condis back from him.

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

This build wins necros, whether they are power or the notorious condi (known engi counter). Your best bet is to avoid his marks at start by unexpected moving across the map, and then, setting turrets that can target him or the wurm, depending on the possitioning. Try to move in when you have blinds/cc/rifle overcharge+acid bomb, and otherwise give them the decap/fullcap and hug a pillar. Passive plays win necros. Also, don’t panic when you eat signet of win, it’s not as much damage, as much as it is panicmode+ condi coverage.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Looks like a fun build. I wouldn’t expect runes of Balthazar to last long in their current state though—IP and Balthazar are doing a significant percentage of your dps for you. If either of those get nerfed, you’ll probably need to go p/p.

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

p/p is another option, yes, but why would i give up on blocks (no tool kit or shield) when i can pass by with them as well, and still do rly good damage? Fun build? HELL YES! Incomming nerfs? Why would i think about them now? Enjoy it while it lasts.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I like the swap of Flame Turret for Incendiary Powder. Not that you swapped those for each other necessarily, but you kept a good source of burning while dropping that not-so-good turret. It’s nice for fire/smoke fields, and if your opponent is dumb enough to stand next to it then it’s nice, but it’s definitely one of the weaker turrets IMO. I think this is a good example of a turret build without dedicating all 3 utilities to them.

Now that we can use two cooldown sigils without any interference with each other, I suggest Sigil of Torment for literally any condi build. It adds a unique condition we don’t otherwise have to protect our more dangerous ones. I think you could swap it in for the Leeching without noticing the loss in healing.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

Adamantium, i agree with you about the Flame Turret for Incendiary Powder swap, but i don’t see that turret ever being a choice. Why would i want Flame turret over Elixir gun, stun breaker AND incendiary powder? Just no. As far as torment, this is a spvp build, and as far as i know, there is no such sigil. And leeching is just too good to be replaced, and though you could use generosity or something, leeching just does amazing power damage on top of the healing, therefore making this build better vs diamond skin.

in Engineer

Posted by: LLaG.9218

LLaG.9218

as you could see, the build works pretty well still prefer settler tho

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

I dont know mate, settlers is fine if you want to endure, but it limits your damage capabilities, and gives you almost nothing in return. Too low crit for incendiary powder, kinda low damage, healing that you wont rly use due to low scaling on IX alchemy, and no other heal options except for heal. Also, it would be next to useless in competitive team queue due to all the bunkers. Just my 2 cents though. Rabid > Settlers for engineer all day.

in Engineer

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

it’s confirmed: no sigil for torment in spvp. however, sigil of generosity could be of help here.

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

SIgil of generosity is certainly a good option and a fine replacement for leeching, but in my opinion, leeching outweights generosity for this build, since you have A LOT of condi remove, and you need that little bit of power damage to break diamond skin and to add some diversity to your damage. Healing is also amazing. It’s a personal preference i guess, so use what suits you.

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

Looks like i will record after all. Expect some footage soon-ish, as well as guide edit regarding 1v1 vs every class explained.

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

Looks like i will record after all. Expect some footage soon-ish, as well as guide edit regarding 1v1 vs every class explained.

I will watch it for sure.

in Engineer

Posted by: Smurf.4736

Smurf.4736

This Build is really good. What i mean by that it really is good in PvP and WvWvW. Thanks for sharing

Mesmer : Lintar M

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I must say its really good build and fun to play you can often handle 3v1 and classes where you usualy have problems like mesmer or necro

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Cuchulainn.7421

Cuchulainn.7421

Just tested it a lil bit in the mist. Very good build. Thx!

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

I just try it with Celestial amulet and guys.. 2 hambows and annoying ranger at once like a boss:-P

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

I just try it with Celestial amulet and guys.. 2 hambows and annoying ranger at once like a boss:-P

My first “try” of this build was with celest. You get more power that you dont use cause turrets dont scale of power, and the scaling of everything is more then horrible. You lose condi, which is horrible, since that’s your main source of damage. You gain healing power, which scales okayish with your heal, and bad with everything else (not much to scale with). You get vitality that you dont even need, since you have a lot of hp anyways. You gain ferocity which is useless, and you lose crit chance. You also lose toughness. How is it better? Just no.

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

Got footage vs all the classes (some great players, top players of team queue). Amazing plays. Now i just need to put it together, which will take me a couple o’ days, since i have a lot of work for school.

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

My first “try” of this build was with celest. You get more power that you dont use cause turrets dont scale of power, and the scaling of everything is more then horrible. You lose condi, which is horrible, since that’s your main source of damage. You gain healing power, which scales okayish with your heal, and bad with everything else (not much to scale with). You get vitality that you dont even need, since you have a lot of hp anyways. You gain ferocity which is useless, and you lose crit chance. You also lose toughness. How is it better? Just no.

Actualy they scale with power quite well (or I miss something). Toughness is fine but condi bypass it so bit more vitality is exactly that what keep you survive while turrets do their job. Imo you dont need so much crit chance because there is so many hits when you have at least one crit per second. And with much more survability you can swap leeching for str and that might per crit (there is only one sec internal cd so you have lots of might) easily give you that condi dmg what you loose by switch amulet.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

Actualy they scale with power quite well (or I miss something). Toughness is fine but condi bypass it so bit more vitality is exactly that what keep you survive while turrets do their job. Imo you dont need so much crit chance because there is so many hits when you have at least one crit per second. And with much more survability you can swap leeching for str and that might per crit (there is only one sec internal cd so you have lots of might) easily give you that condi dmg what you loose by switch amulet.

Turrets DO NOT scale with power. you have enough condi clear, and you rather need toughess to fight 1vmany GOOD people that know how to shut you down. And at least one crit per second WHAT? you dont crit every second. Also, you do not have more survivability with celestial, because, in order to get the same damage, you need to trait out of alchemy, and into firearms, which is just bad, and healing power is close to useless, 300 mroe vit does nothing because you are now an easy target for power classes. Also, leeching has no scaling as well, so you want that power damage as well, even though you are condi. And “lots of might” is not maintainable, also stealable. Try to test stuff before putting them here and missleading people…

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

Ï dont do much test but when I tried turret dmg on golems it clearly do more dmg with more power.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

Ï dont do much test but when I tried turret dmg on golems it clearly do more dmg with more power.

Well, you are wrong. Leeching and turrets have 0 scaling. I’ll do the testing once more tonight, just to make sure, but i already am sure.

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

Well, you are wrong. Leeching and turrets have 0 scaling. I’ll do the testing once more tonight, just to make sure, but i already am sure.

In that case there must be something else what inflict my damage in that test I will look on that again.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

In that case there must be something else what inflict my damage in that test I will look on that again.

Tested once again, no scaling. And celestial is pure damage AND survivability loss.

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

Tested once again, no scaling. And celestial is pure damage AND survivability loss.

I tested it again and.. more power in amulet, more damage from turrets. Scaling is not the best technicly not worth but its there.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

I tested it again and.. more power in amulet, more damage from turrets. Scaling is not the best technicly not worth but its there.

Dude… Rifle turret hits for 532, with no matter how much power you have. Rocket hits for 1592 with however much power you have. Are you playing your own game or something? Turrets DO NOT scale.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Check vulnerability on your target Roz.
Turrets don’t scale at all.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

No vulnerability nothing just rabid/celestial amulet swap:
http://i.imgur.com/5u8GqZM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eZrwnvL.jpg

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

I tested damage yet AGAIN, with berserker, celestial, and rabid. I got the same 476 number that you had everywhere. Then i realised that you might be trolling with rifled turret barrels trait. AND THERE WE GO, 547 damage. Your trait modifies the damage, it’s still 0 scaling. Please stop trolling, and leave the post (if it was intended).

in Engineer

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

I believed that everyone has goodness inside them and won’t go out of their way to confuse others.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

I believed that everyone has goodness inside them and won’t go out of their way to confuse others.

And yet, this happens ^^

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

I tested damage yet AGAIN, with berserker, celestial, and rabid. I got the same 476 number that you had everywhere. Then i realised that you might be trolling with rifled turret barrels trait. AND THERE WE GO, 547 damage. Your trait modifies the damage, it’s still 0 scaling. Please stop trolling, and leave the post (if it was intended).

Yea my whole day is just about trolling you srsly.. I tested it again with all amulets and it seem there is some bug what adding me those 15% dmg like a trait (without trait ofc and it dont stack with him) everytime I have amulet with any amount of power in it. I already reported it dont worry:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Gatsby.7420

Gatsby.7420

Op seems pretty young (12 year?) and easy to troll though so I could see it happen. Getting worked up like hes life depended on it when someone disagrees lol.

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

I also tested this yesterday. And with celestial amulet the damage was bigger. I guess this is a bug or something because the damage was the same with rabid and zerker

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

Op seems pretty young (12 year?) and easy to troll though so I could see it happen. Getting worked up like hes life depended on it when someone disagrees lol.

The only bad thing about chatting is that you can’t read emotions off of it. It’s all in your head, how you read my or anyone else’s texts. I just try to keep this constructive, because i know that the turrets do not scale. I’m trying to be helpful, but also right. Your comment though, is very rude mate. Disagreeing is fine, im questioning my testing now.

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

Okay, now i’m sure. The turrets do not scale, and damage that some people occurred is probly caused by vulnerability or rifled barrels trait (or a visual bug, no real increase though). Only the tooltip scales, but not the hits themselves. Numerous of testing on 7 accounts (my and my friends) brought me up to this conclusion. This is final.

(edited by Napzor.8275)

in Engineer

Posted by: righteousness.6028

righteousness.6028

Thats reallly freakin confusing. I started playing engi yesterday and have been doing power rifle since the damage the turrets supposedly inflict is like double on the tooltip when i go berserkers. Anet please fix so you dont confuse noobs!

in Engineer

Posted by: Lexx.5780

Lexx.5780

Love the build, very fun + survivability.

Quis qustodiet custodes?

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

I checked it yesterday. If you play Sigil of Purity the turrents remove a condition from you. I tested it vs the NPCs so I am not 100% sure but I guess I am right

in Engineer

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

I am personally surprised this has been effective. I would have expected most players to focus on your turrets, then try to kill you. I have been speaking against turret builds for a while, I will have to give it a try again. I have a feeling the only reason this is useful is cause the player base is not used to them anymore or are not spec’d for power as much any more.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

Coming from a NON engi player turret builds in pvp are very effective and highly annoying esp when traited for more hp and healing on its own.

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

this build is great. In my opinion you can try to switch shield for pistol as someone already told you and to take toolkit for EG. When they melee you it can be quite usefull . Another idea could be to take bomb instead of EG becouse it helps you a lot stomping and big bomb is quite handy to throw people away from you and from turrets

in Engineer

Napzor.8275

this build is great. In my opinion you can try to switch shield for pistol as someone already told you and to take toolkit for EG. When they melee you it can be quite usefull . Another idea could be to take bomb instead of EG becouse it helps you a lot stomping and big bomb is quite handy to throw people away from you and from turrets

Glad you like it. Pistol offhand would take out a rly necessary block, and if you get tool kit to compensate, you lose your burst combo with acid bomb, and your almost only disengage. Bomb kit could work, but you would have to give up V explosives, which is not worth it, since big ol bomb<turret knockback. Hope that helped.

in Engineer

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Also, without EG, you lose your stun-breaker.

in Engineer

Posted by: BrandyBiscuits.2873

BrandyBiscuits.2873

Got footage vs all the classes (some great players, top players of team queue). Amazing plays. Now i just need to put it together, which will take me a couple o’ days, since i have a lot of work for school.

How are the video edits going? Been waiting quite awhile to see it :p Hopefully comes out soon?