Need Eng help. A lot of help!

in Engineer

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I have a nice eng PVE build (no kits) that well works and even in groups in WVW. But sorely lacking against 1 on 1 WvW roaming. So I found this build and watched the videos.
Bomb version:
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_Double_Kit_Condi_Roamer

In a word I SUCK! I am struggling even against the PVP NPC engineer. I need help! Especially with rotations. Can anyone give me some good rotations and advice on playing this build?

I at least figured out: Heal Turret/ Cleansing Burst/ Finisher (Like rocket Boots)

I also saw Heal Turret/ Cleansing Burst/Regeneration Mist ( but not sure why they added the Mist)

Anyway, I am a mess and just need help in working out the kits an what combo to chain in a fight,

Thanks for any suggestions!

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Sorry, but your request is not what you need.
Combos and rotations are fluid on engineer and basically we respond to the situation at hand, which means that fixed skill-combos and rotations will lead into dead ends more often than not.
The meta-battle article already shows you most of the possible combos, but when it comes to using them in the right moment, and how to combo what, the only thing that will help you is training, training and more training.
good luck.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Sorry, but your request is not what you need.
Combos and rotations are fluid on engineer and basically we respond to the situation at hand, which means that fixed skill-combos and rotations will lead into dead ends more often than not.
The meta-battle article already shows you most of the possible combos, but when it comes to using them in the right moment, and how to combo what, the only thing that will help you is training, training and more training.
good luck.

Wow was that ever not helpful!
For example you might have said Heal combo that I posted is a good in a healing. I am sure there are general opening combos, spiking, etc.
The video runs too fast to understand what they are doing for a noob to see what is happening.

Though if this the the position that the board has I guess I just keep my engineer out of WvW.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Whatever.
The video has a stop-function. Use it to see each step individually. The article also explained many combos directly. Step by step, word by word.
What do you expect from this board?

No one can make you win since no-one can know what opponents you face, so the “openings” that you request could actually bring you in trouble in certain situations since you wasted key-cd’s, that you’d not have needed elsewhere.

If you want to become better, play other classes, learn to read them so you know what’s going on on their side. Then you can lean back, understand the situation and react to it appropriately.
That’s literally how engineers works. Reading your opponents and exploiting their weaknesses, because brute-forcing your rotas and set-in-stone combos will just bring you into downstate.

If you don’t like that, you may as well re-roll now, so you don’t regret playing engineer later. If you ask me, this class is awesome, but I’m well aware that it’s not everyones taste, and the learning-curve is steep and brutal. No way around that.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

Try different openings every single time. See what works and after a while you get the hang of it. I have a few combos over at this page. You can check if it is of any help.

Also, I really don’t like your attitude. I would like to help you but you seem to have already crosses off this forum. In any case, you can contact me in-game with the username ‘wolfar.6508’ if you wish.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

(edited by Wolfar.6508)

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

it’s the same for any class except for ele. learn all of your tooltips.

once you know what you have at your disposal all you have to do is use them at the right time. now, we can’t tell you what that time is unless we sit looking over your shoulder talking to you. things like using gear shield to block important attacks, use both shield abilities, landing shrapnel grenades, magnet -> pry bar -> nades, landing geomancy, keeping poison up should be obvious if you know any game mechanics. if you don’t there are new to gw2 pvp videos on YouTube and it seems you might need to watch some.

nearly every skill you have is useful and on a relatively short cooldown. I find myself rotating between weapons and kits constantly, only favoring grenades because of the AOE auto attack.

in short learn and use your skills

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria