Need Your Opinion on Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Hello,

So something I’ve always thought is that the reason that gadgets/elixirs (though these are still decent)/turrets are not in the meta is because they don’t properly make up for the lack of a secondary weapon. The developers have also said the firearms tree is a bit lackluster. What if they put in a trait that decreased the damage done with kits, but allowed you to have weapon switching. Perhaps to help promote build variety by utilizing the 2 weapon+gadget/turret/elixir combo without making kits overpowered.

Do you guys think this is a good idea? Thoughts on the general concept?

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Please no. I appreciate where your trying to go, but in no way can I accept nerfing kits in any way, trait or otherwise, simply to get our other utility sub sets to the point of value they should be in the fist place.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I think they could try to accomplish the same goal by improving things besides Kits to the point where they can match them.
Buff things into an even playing field, so they’re all appealing for something, and work from there to make each into a unique, viable, interesting skilltype with potential for synergetic interactions with the others.

Besides which, we have three choices of non-kit weapon sets on land, and one in the water. Allowing weapon switching with our present limitations would be pointless, unless they implemented it by letting us slot a Kit as our secondary weapon set.
That’s about as likely to happen as them actually adding weapons for us anytime soon, I think – possibly slightly more likely (aside from the minor fact that I don’t think they’ve ever mentioned intending to do it), because it’s less work to shoehorn a change to the UI than it is to actually add things.