Need a guide for leveling

in Engineer

Posted by: tiersen.5314

tiersen.5314

Hallo ppl! Im looking for a build so I can be effective! I mainly play WvW and after I am some levels above tha map I do hearts and story quest at pve..although im not sure what weapon to use what kits and what traits since im lvl 30..can you help me? :-)

in Engineer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Stack power with bombs and a rifle. Buy a sigil of bloodlust for your rifle and use all strong gear (power precision). First 2 trait points go into tools for speedy kits, then just dump them all into explosives/firearms, taking as many dmg modifiers as possible. Rocket boots are good as they really help get around the map quicker. Your 3rd utility is up to you. Bomb kit #4 also practically makes you invincible against melee

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

(edited by Carpboy.7145)

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

we should like make that paragraph a sticky i swear

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Foosnark.1784

Foosnark.1784

I really dislike bomb kit gameplay. I guess the alternative is a Static Discharge build?

in Engineer

tiersen.5314

@Carpboy ty so much i defenitely gonna try it!
@Foosnark what static discharge build?

in Engineer

Foosnark.1784

SD build as I see it:

Still start with Tools, but you’ll want to use Static Discharge when fighting. (You can switch to Speedy Kits for running around.)

You’ll eventually want Firearms 6 (Hair Trigger, Rifle Mod, Modified Ammo) and Tools 6 (Static Discharge, Speedy Kits, Adrenal Implant) and Explosives 2.

Some good skills to take are any 3 of Rifle Turret, Rocket Boots, Personal Battering Ram, Elixir Gun.

The idea is you’ll open with Rifle 2 and fire off your toolbelt skills for damage. Use Elixir Gun 4, Rifle 3 and 5 and toolbelt skills when available.

(This is based on some other threads and memory of playing more than a year ago, so maybe not as effective as I’m hoping it will be?)

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Depending on the situation, I found tool kit and personal battering ram hand for situations in which more ranged skills are needed. By this I refer to the tool belt skills.

in Engineer

tiersen.5314

foosnark ill probably use your guide cause it has all traits i must use and see how it goes..ill probably though take first speedy kits cause i want utility as much as possible ..

in Engineer

Carpboy.7145

we should like make that paragraph a sticky i swear

There are lots of things i wish were stickied :/

Lyss The Shadow

in Engineer

Foosnark.1784

Static Discharge is a big damage boost for that setup, though. You can get pretty reliable run speed (not permanent but way better than Guardian or Mesmer) via Elixir B and Heal Kit 5 (though I find Heal Turret much less awkward in combat) plus the occasional Rocket Boots leap.

If you don’t take Static Discharge, that makes Rifle Turret much less attractive.

Eh. I’m still experimenting with it as I level.

in Engineer

Carpboy.7145

foosnark ill probably use your guide cause it has all traits i must use and see how it goes..ill probably though take first speedy kits cause i want utility as much as possible ..

My advice would be to use a bomb build for AoE and tagging lots of mobs, big group events, certain skill challenges, and use a SD build for just running around doing map completion

Lyss The Shadow

in Engineer

tiersen.5314

My advice would be to use a bomb build for AoE and tagging lots of mobs, big group events, certain skill challenges, and use a SD build for just running around doing map completion

oh yes on solo pve i fedenitely use bomb kit..although i dont like the feeling of “melee” dps is amazing :P

in Engineer

Foosnark.1784

Depending on the situation, I found tool kit and personal battering ram hand for situations in which more ranged skills are needed. By this I refer to the tool belt skills.

Yeah, at this point my basic SD combat setup is Healing Turret, Rifle Turret (usually best left unsummoned, or blown up), PBR and Tool Kit.

If I need to cover ground faster I’ll swap to Heal Kit, Elixir B and/or Rocket Boots. Though I will probably unlock Speedy Kits and swap that instead. (I really dislike the new trait unlock system.)

in Engineer

tiersen.5314

this build seems good..but only for pvp roles right? is there any full guide for gear,traits,sigils etc because im close 80 and dont know where to begin…
im traying to find a guide with new trait system and cant.. :/

in Engineer

Carpboy.7145

That build is good, but only for pvp yes. And nothing has changed from the patch

Lyss The Shadow