Need advice - rifle dungeon PvE / WvW build

in Engineer

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

Hello guys,

I would like to hear some advice about rifle build for engineer mainly for dungeons (fractals 20+) and WvW.

I crafted Predator yesterday and I would like to try some new rifle build + maybe some kit (not big fan of grenades)
But I am not sure how would power rifle work with kits like flame thrower or elixir gun.

Untill now I was using pure damage power rifle build usually with elixirs. So I would like to try something new.

Thank you for help

in Engineer

Posted by: Tobkilla.4612

Tobkilla.4612

You’re a funny guy to craft the Predator before you know, how you want to play with the rifle

The question that I am asking myself the last few days is, IF I want my legendary atm because I feel playing p/p or p/s is a bit superior…

in Engineer

Posted by: Alquinon.2957

Alquinon.2957

The dilemma with the rifle is, unless you are a very skilled player, how to balance firepower and survivability. The rifle isn’t that fun of a weapon if you just rely on 1, 2, and maybe 4, and I don’t think it’s very effective and dishing out damage unless you go all out power. But when you want to do more damage, you have to get in close and personal and it’s often not that painless in dungeons.
I switched to p/s a few days ago and I have to say I like how it feels a lot more. Your auto attack does a bit less damage but it fires more frequently and can sometimes get multiple hits off a single target (even yellow objects). 2 is a pretty nice skill as it has a bit of burst and a poison on the side. (Although I have noticed that it keeps missing one or two attacks though, the bullet just flies off to the side of the target, even when standing still and/or hitting stationery targets. Can anyone else confirm this?) 3 is a very nice skill if you have a group of mobs that it can bounce in, and it’s decent for single target since it offers blind, confusion, and it has a very very short cast time and does a little bit more damage than the auto-attack. The shield skills are something that I’m still getting to get used to and to make the most of in different situations. 4 is a projectile reflect (but you can’t move) and also a blast finisher. 5 is a block and a stun/daze.

in Engineer

Posted by: Deimos.6493

Deimos.6493

The dilemma with the rifle is, unless you are a very skilled player, how to balance firepower and survivability. The rifle isn’t that fun of a weapon if you just rely on 1, 2, and maybe 4, and I don’t think it’s very effective and dishing out damage unless you go all out power. But when you want to do more damage, you have to get in close and personal and it’s often not that painless in dungeons.
I switched to p/s a few days ago and I have to say I like how it feels a lot more. Your auto attack does a bit less damage but it fires more frequently and can sometimes get multiple hits off a single target (even yellow objects). 2 is a pretty nice skill as it has a bit of burst and a poison on the side. (Although I have noticed that it keeps missing one or two attacks though, the bullet just flies off to the side of the target, even when standing still and/or hitting stationery targets. Can anyone else confirm this?) 3 is a very nice skill if you have a group of mobs that it can bounce in, and it’s decent for single target since it offers blind, confusion, and it has a very very short cast time and does a little bit more damage than the auto-attack. The shield skills are something that I’m still getting to get used to and to make the most of in different situations. 4 is a projectile reflect (but you can’t move) and also a blast finisher. 5 is a block and a stun/daze.

Number 2 hits targets in a cone, you need to stand very close to a single target for all bullets to hit it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Panzen.4625

Panzen.4625

I’m using the rifle in PvE/Fractals because I can’t stand grenades. Works pretty fine and with some switching you can do a lot of stuff with it.
It might look strange but I like surviving, so here is what I currently use:
0/20/10/10/30
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/engineer#14|0|1207|4700|4603|1433|4065|0|0|0|0|20|1433|1429|0|10|988|0|0|10|1478|0|0|30|2271|1883|2191|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

Just a half Static Discharge build with the elixir gun + kit refinement and a few points for survival. Equip is a mix of knight’s and berserker’s, with ruby orbs in most sockets. It isn’t really max damage but I seem to survive a lot of stuff with it that other people seem to die in. Well, maybe they don’t dodge enough or whatever.
You can also move 10 points to explosives for additional damage, but I don’t really like burns because I always get elementalists in my groups that stack an hour or so…

in Engineer

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

I found that Pistol/Pistol is better for normal battles, Rifle is great for spiking/mobility and Pistol/Shield is for defense.

Don’t lock yourself to one. Observe the battle before entering and switch weapons accordingly.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jay.3284

Jay.3284

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUl0picX7SdF1LJxoHkW0bGkCA7XRFe8nCsF;TIAAzCuA

This is a rifle build that I use in Dungeons. While it doesn’t have much in way of support; It’s great for DPS and survivability.

Edit: Also it has unlimited fury uptime

Dungeon Master 8/8 | Fractal 50
80Rng – 80Wa – 80Thief – 80Grd – 80Ele – 80Engi – 80Necro