Need builds for wvw

Need builds for wvw

in Engineer

Posted by: Powerkitty.3950

Powerkitty.3950

Hello all. I am on a cell phone please excuse my wall of text. Ok so i am playing an engineer and was going viper for wvw dps as part of a zerg. I dont know if engineer is good at offering anything other than dps to a zerg and water healing blast finisher with healing turret. So. For roaming i am not sure what to build or should i continue to use my viper set for dueling roaming. Also how is celestial and what would be a good weapon or attack rotation for celestial…… Rifle maybe? I heard scrapper is pretty good but i have not tested that. I have gold to make ascended and use the mystic forge to change cheap ascended crafted armor into proper stats. Maybe engineer is not good in wvw? I like having seperate sets of gear for zerging-team fighting and for soloing roaming. I dont care about spvp or fractals or living story. I drink whiskey and just play a few hours of wpvp. I am on maguuma server if that helps. Thanks for responding i hope to get advice in make some cool stat armor builds. Thanks.

Need builds for wvw

in Engineer

Posted by: ApaWanka.2698

ApaWanka.2698

Hello! Im on my phone also, so I cant explan everything right now. Mainly in WvW Scrapper is almost a must (zerg) and strongly recomended at roam.

For zerg play U can start with something like this

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_Frontline_Scrapper

For roam change GrandMaster of Alchemy to HGH and on the skills, toolkit for ElixirGun and Elixir S for Elixir B or C (if U still have problems with condis)

I cant send U my build now because Om on my phone, but U have something to start with.

GoodLuck 8p

Need builds for wvw

in Engineer

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalcThyrYfXw+Kw6FLsFVYKeRxmYHNFPB4HWiBAA-T1xCABeq+zYKBxS5HAnAgpfAA6pH4k9HIEwj1A-w

revamped my P/P build on youtube 2 days ago (inspired to revamp from another thread) and solo and small scale its surprisingly effective. This is a vanilla build so its even sweeter when beating a berserker or another HoT build.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Need builds for wvw

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I dont know if engineer is good at offering anything other than dps to a zerg and water healing blast finisher with healing turret.

Hahahahohoho… Oh man, engineer is good for exactly nothing in a zerg so have fun with that. Running vipers, the only thing you are gonna be good at is rallybotting the enemy.

It has its merits in solo/smallscale and can go head to head with the best builds when played well, but even so on vipers it will be a glass cannon. I seriously doubt one could survive a duel against another tougher engie using a rabid/dire combo as above. The problem is the current class climate – better glass cannons such as warriors (glass cannon being a relative term with the 1000hp/s regen and all) are gonna roflstomp you in a single charge before you even get any damage in and sustain condis are gonna out-tank you.

Need builds for wvw

in Engineer

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I dont know if engineer is good at offering anything other than dps to a zerg and water healing blast finisher with healing turret.

Hahahahohoho… Oh man, engineer is good for exactly nothing in a zerg so have fun with that. Running vipers, the only thing you are gonna be good at is rallybotting the enemy.

It has its merits in solo/smallscale and can go head to head with the best builds when played well, but even so on vipers it will be a glass cannon. I seriously doubt one could survive a duel against another tougher engie using a rabid/dire combo as above. The problem is the current class climate – better glass cannons such as warriors (glass cannon being a relative term with the 1000hp/s regen and all) are gonna roflstomp you in a single charge before you even get any damage in and sustain condis are gonna out-tank you.

Yeah, pistols have very little DPS to begin with so vipers is almost a waste with the power. I went up vs a pistol/shield condi scrapper and literally wiped him. He was running vipers (talked to him afterwards as we fought a few times 1v1 in WvW). He was squish but he can hurt. Versus my dire/rabid was a challenge for him.

Need builds for wvw

in Engineer

Posted by: lordbachus.6091

lordbachus.6091

Good question… anyone got a good hit and run build with high mobillity and huge frontload damage?

Or a build based on crowd controll and support for helping out your group in WvW

Need builds for wvw

in Engineer

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

Would also be thankful if anyone could share a Rifle Build he had success with 1v1 / roaming in Wvw.

I feel like i am in a huge disadvantage vs nearly every other profession that is running around.

The moment i switch to hammer or go condi-P/P i have much better chances.

I tried many different traitline combinations but it feels useless.
When you dont take FT eg, you do even have problems killing guards in camps in a reasonable time.

ok, if you run with bunker down and exlixer gun und pull them into a choke its quite fine, but somehow still feels very unrewarding compared to the effort and whan you can do with other builds / professions

i feel somehow sad about thtat, just finished the Legendary Rifle and now i feel like i kitten myself when playing a rifle build.

Need builds for wvw

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Would also be thankful if anyone could share a Rifle Build he had success with 1v1 / roaming in Wvw.

I feel like i am in a huge disadvantage vs nearly every other profession that is running around.

The moment i switch to hammer or go condi-P/P i have much better chances.

I tried many different traitline combinations but it feels useless.
When you dont take FT eg, you do even have problems killing guards in camps in a reasonable time.

ok, if you run with bunker down and exlixer gun und pull them into a choke its quite fine, but somehow still feels very unrewarding compared to the effort and whan you can do with other builds / professions

i feel somehow sad about thtat, just finished the Legendary Rifle and now i feel like i kitten myself when playing a rifle build.

try this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUh2tYNVwkLQ+FLTGk4zKQAC7XyC74IqQEA-TlBFQBE4CAoQlfXUJYJ2fQfq/AgHAApAyTZE-w

- use rifle toolbelt skill on CD (with attack too) good synergy with static discharge open option for quick burst dmg
- On rifle your biggest friends are net shot and overcharge shot. However in this projectile hate meta you should look at reflects and stability on oponent.
- Use jump shot on oponent (which will be buffed in 3hours) to jump into opponent, use net shot and acid bomb.
-you can use magnet on tool kit to pull foe to you, then net shot and acid bomb. Remember, magnet is unblockable, same as acid bomb and tool kit skill 2. Use this skills to opponents which try blocking.
- deploy rifle turret , use healing turret burst heal with riffle turret detonate for add heal(with quick fingers you can try acid bomb too for even more heal)
-Use elixir X on high % health but dont always drink in start of fight. Good synergy is cc opponent – > burst him some HP → dink elixir X →enjoy perma stabil. (against thieves I often drink at start seriously..)

I am not best mentor or WvW player, but this meaby help you to play with your rifle in wvw

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

Need builds for wvw

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Honestly just don’t play Engi in WvW unless its only for zerging and even then you are not very useful.

There is not a single engi build that can beat the meta roamers and its silly to even keep trying. I would love for someone to come up with a real build that can win but its just not possible right now. Other classes are able to deal more damage while having higher defences in both power and condi as well as reset a fight over and over. Really frustrating until you realize its not you, its the class and current game climate. Lets just hope for a change from ANet… oh wait they hate Engi so I guess its just GG.

Need builds for wvw

in Engineer

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Honestly just don’t play Engi in WvW unless its only for zerging and even then you are not very useful.

There is not a single engi build that can beat the meta roamers and its silly to even keep trying. I would love for someone to come up with a real build that can win but its just not possible right now. Other classes are able to deal more damage while having higher defences in both power and condi as well as reset a fight over and over. Really frustrating until you realize its not you, its the class and current game climate. Lets just hope for a change from ANet… oh wait they hate Engi so I guess its just GG.

Well to be fair, there are moments where its not the build but the skill. My engi (vanilla) has gone vs many HoT builds (including meta) and came out on top (in a 1v1 scenario, only chronos give me grief…and mallyx rev’s) Many tried but the win loss ratio is in my favor. Fares well in a 2v1, the odd 3v1 if I’m bringing my “A” game. This is also in WvW and PvP.

My guess is you either a.) Haven’t seen someone on an engi build who was skillfully capable of handling their own, even in a 1v1, or b.) You know someone who has that tried but failed (so again, skill/l2p issue)

There are some out there. Where a viable engi build that can 1v1 takes a bit of skill, you don’t see them often (or I guess in your case, its not at all)

Either way, they do exist, and maybe one day you will see one that will make a believer out of you

Need builds for wvw

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Nah, pretty sure it’s the build.

As a rifle Engi 1v1-ing a roaming Zerker, for example:

• They regen over 1k hp/s, so when I have to stop attacking them for a a few seconds (dodge cc, block, reposition), they passively counter any weak attacks I’ve sent their way, like Rifle auto.
  • Adrenal health, a trait, heals more in the same time period than all my heals and combos put together.
  • They get auto-proc stances when cc’d and at 50% health.
  • They have stability while in zerker, so I can’t rely on Overcharged Shot or Net Shot to cc them.

This leads to a fight where they have stab, invuln, or resistance for enough time to keep the pressure up and regen any damage I managed to do.

Or worse, I’ll go for the Overcharged Shot when they don’t have stab, hit them triggering Last Stand (auto-proc balanced stance). Now I’m cc’d from the self-knockback. They follow up with Headbutt and burst me dead on the spot.

It’s just not possible to beat a good roaming zerker in a 1v1. (yes, you can kill bad players occasionally).

But that’s just the build. It’s the combination of all those things that make it too much to handle.
I guarantee if they were playing base warrior, I could take them with no problem. They wouldn’t have zerk mode with Eternal Champion, so that’s a larger period of time without stab, which means I can land Overcharged Shot more, which means I can bait their stances, then burst them down while everything is on cd.

If you take off Adrenal Health, they don’t regen enough and I can beat them by dodging their attacks and playing defensive when they charge in.

etc. etc.

Need builds for wvw

in Engineer

Posted by: scorekeeper.6524

scorekeeper.6524

@Bigpapasmurf whats your thoughts on rabid trinkets vs dire/rabid?

Need builds for wvw

in Engineer

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Engi’s/Scrappers dont really have a spot atm, against the common roaming builds you are going to lose. Against some you are going to lose badly, if you manage to pull off a win it’s rather the roamer being bad at his class than anything else.

What are you going to run into?

Condi Chrono, if the Chrono is afk you have a chance of winning if he doesnt make it back to the keyboard b4 death. Multiple invluns with continuum split and signet of illusions, blocks from shield, lots of condi clear from every shatter and if running the mantra heal 4 condis every 13 seconds or so removal. The amount of condi pressure he can put out with continuum split, mirror images, chronophantasma and illusionary reversion on top of signet of illusions far far outweighs your block/condi clear.

Warriors, either the condi or the zerk build has far more sustain and DPS than you can bring to the table. Unnerfed Adrenal Health ticking for 900 a sec, Rousing Resilience long uptimes on resistance, double invuln. No tell Arc Dividers, headbutt stun, maybe a skull crack if running the condi or 7k eviscerates.

Thieves, the usual thief i see is the death blossom lotus traing dodge/evade spam condi thief, it is an uphill battle with the limited condi cleanse you have dealing with this. You will end up humping stealth gyro waiting on cooldowns for the condis he punches out with every dodge/death blossom.

Druid, condi or power im not sure after the round of nerfs how this fight would play out. But tbh after the nerfs i dont see them as much as before.

Condi Necro, lol, gg just eat the death and release. Not only can he corrupt your boons but he can also give you any condis you put on him. And with access to WvW armour sets is more tanky than an old school bunker Guardian.

I roamed over the last couple of days on my scrapper who packs a lot of condi prevention. 90% of my fights are against condis, condi trapper druid, condi chrono’s, condi warriors, condi thieves( venom shares, trapper ghost, perma dodge). Hell even a condi ele, the 2 power builds i ran into were once again warrior because they are horribly busted in WvW and DH. The DH was actually an enjoyable fight.

This game is build wars 2, if you want to win roll a condi chrono, splash out on some trailblazers. Or roll up a Zerker, call it a day.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

Need builds for wvw

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Well to be fair, there are moments where its not the build but the skill. My engi (vanilla) has gone vs many HoT builds (including meta) and came out on top (in a 1v1 scenario, only chronos give me grief…and mallyx rev’s) Many tried but the win loss ratio is in my favor. Fares well in a 2v1, the odd 3v1 if I’m bringing my “A” game. This is also in WvW and PvP.

My guess is you either a.) Haven’t seen someone on an engi build who was skillfully capable of handling their own, even in a 1v1, or b.) You know someone who has that tried but failed (so again, skill/l2p issue)

There are some out there. Where a viable engi build that can 1v1 takes a bit of skill, you don’t see them often (or I guess in your case, its not at all)

Either way, they do exist, and maybe one day you will see one that will make a believer out of you

I will try to say this in a civil manner, watching your videos where you skill click and crutch on your druid friend to get through a couple roaming fights or watching you skill click through ranked and still not doing very much doesn’t engender a whole lot of confidence in your skills or opinion. I am glad you like to post here and you are very well spoken and seem like a nice guy.

As other here have attested, Engi just doesn’t have a place in roaming currently and any wins come against unskilled opponents. A well played Condi Mes, Zerker or Druid will just eat you alive and a DD who is decent will reset until they get the upper hand and finish you. Just not worth the effort to roam right now. In the past Engi could hold its own but after a year+ of nerfs and no real buffs to our skills I just dont see it.

(edited by displacedTitan.6897)