Need help with Flamethrower Build (PvE, WvW)

in Engineer

Posted by: Muhai.5634

Muhai.5634

Q:

The reason I fell in love with the Engineer is because of that kitten flamethrower. It was love at first sight.
Oddly enough, I spent a large portion of my engineering days without it. It made me feel sad.
I wanna pick it up again along with the Rocket Turret and the Net Turret.

My question is, what’s the best stat modifier that I should go for using FT (Focus on Power or Condition)? Rabid, Rampagers, Soldier? Should I use a Rifle or Dual Pistol?

I’m looking for good survivability along with the damage. Also no Elixirs, I hate drinking those things, they’re kitteningly bitter. Bleh

[I’m currently running a dual pistol with odd utilities that do well for me, with a full Rabid set of armor and accessories]

in Engineer

Posted by: Sab.5291

Sab.5291

Condition damage is key for FT setup. In WvW zurg running you need AOE ! I am not sure on pistols, i use rifle for longer distance, higher damage. I would maximize your burn potential which also can help with rifle. you need elixirs sorry to say. speed boosts especially. Engineers are slow!
Each person has there own playing style so the build needs to go with how you play. Do you run in front of zurg? or more of a supporting cast? Do you spend most of your time defending towers? Do you like to run in a big group or small strike team?
These are all different builds!

I am the One and Only, Sab!
“STUN”
Find me in the front of the TC zurg

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Condition damage is key for FT setup.

Not really! The burns applied by the FT only last for 2 seconds and only at the end of a
whole shot. Condition damage doesn’t high up enough to be worth it.

I am not sure on pistols, i use rifle for longer distance, higher damage. I would maximize your burn potential which also can help with rifle.

Rifle is the pure raw damage coming from your Power and Precision. Since you recommend condition staking do not recommend a rifle. The best weapon for condition for an engineer is a pistol. It shoots stun, bleeding, poison, cripple, confusion, burning. How does this not go well with Condition Damage?? It seems you are more confused than Muhai.

Since I tried a a hundred build possibilities I recommend every flamethrower engineer this one. It’s my post to another member that posted yesterday seeking advice about a solid engineer build. I recommended the Flamethrower and you Muahai can use it with 100% success guaranteed.

LINK: THE WAY OF THE FLAMETHROWER

Good luck!

in Engineer

Posted by: Vancext.5698

Vancext.5698

I run Flamethrower, and it’s pretty beastly (not quite grenades for DPS, but far more fun and way less of the carpal tunnels.)

This is another excellent thread to check out. http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/72009-a-comprehensive-look-at-the-flamethrower-and-elixir-gun/

It’s an excellent overview of all things flamethrower, extensively researched and well thought out by mr. Poe.