Need help with my build

Need help with my build

in Engineer

Posted by: SuperHeroineNisa.3546

SuperHeroineNisa.3546

So, with HoT coming (hopefully soon!) and I decided to came back and level my engineer and found it a really fun class! The problem is that from what I heard is that this special class is very “stat-sensitive” compared to other and I don’t know wich stats and runes to pick on my armor/weapons. I’m a PvE mainly player, and my PVP build is good enough, I don’t plan to WvW anytime soon or later.

This build is based more towards a defensive player (I think?) since I preffer being on the back and help people instead of charging blidnly onto battle (that’s what I have my guardian for!). But as I stated before, I don’t know wich stats to pick, traits to change or skills to choose. Any help will be welcomed! Thanks.

Traits:
-Inventions last trait (XII) might be changed to VII. I usually just use the turrets for area heals.

I don’t want to use the following: Rifle (got bored of it), Flamethrower (same), Bomb Kit (yet. Same again. And is boring IMO), Grenade Kit (this one is more of a maybe, it has throwable explosions. Who doesn’t like those?)

Attachments:

Need help with my build

in Engineer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

When you say PvE are you talking about open world stuff or Dungeons?

If you’re running dungeons check out the meta build. In every dungeon group you’ll have different levels of expectation from the other players so deviate from this build at your own risk. Groups will look to us to apply Vulnerability with Grenades among other things.

For open world run anything you like. I’d suggest something that can tag mobs easily.

To excel at this class you need to cycle through every kit and weapon you have loaded up. Hit the highest damage abilities as soon as you can and keep them off cooldown. Rifle 3n5/5, Grenade 1n2n4, EG4, FT 2/2, Bomb 1n2, TK3 are all good damage. If you camp one kit or weapon you’re not taking advantage of the class. Grenades can sorta be an exception when your group needs you to apply Vulnerability.

Honestly, spend time with every kit and weapon. Really get to know your fields and finishers. It gets really fun when you can adjust your loadout on the fly for the current need.

Right now Conditions aren’t good in PvE. I think they’re getting some love in the xpack.

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

(edited by Bloodgruve.6038)

Need help with my build

in Engineer

Posted by: Deax.1572

Deax.1572

I’d suggest checking this site out http://www.wolfineer.com/thebuilds/
The guy has mained nothing but engi since the game came out, you can trust him he’s an engineer!

Truth be told if you prefer being in the back-line you’d be more effective in any content gw2 has to offer (pve/pvp/wvw/open world) as a staff ele not engi, not in it’s current state anyway.
Judging from things you don’t want to use you’ll be losing a lot of dps. Rifle – far better power dps than p/?, Bomb and Nades kits are by far the best source for damage and conditions, there is a reason they’re so popular and often used.
If you want to play Open world then go with whatever.
If you want to play dungeons then 6/6/0/0/2 with full zerker gear + pack/hoelbrak/strength runes + rifle + nade kid +bomb kit + elexir gun

You could go condi Rabid or Celestial.
Pistol is a condi weapon with a power build it won’t shine much, you could go with HGH elexir build instead of turrets.

Need help with my build

in Engineer

Posted by: SuperHeroineNisa.3546

SuperHeroineNisa.3546

I was thinking to switch to full condition when I get the gear, removing the turrets and getting grenade and elixir gun , while keeping the pistol and shield for utility and more conditions.

Thanks for both ideas and pages btw! I checked thema nd they seem to be pretty powerfull, but not really into what I’m searching. Might try the “Meta engineer” though removing the Flamethrower, I already had enough flamethrower on my PVP build.

Wolfineer doesn’t help me since it’s WvW mainly, and as I said I don’t play WvW and don’t plan to join in.

So wich gear with condition damage would you recommend to me?

Need help with my build

in Engineer

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

I was thinking to switch to full condition when I get the gear, removing the turrets and getting grenade and elixir gun , while keeping the pistol and shield for utility and more conditions.

Thanks for both ideas and pages btw! I checked thema nd they seem to be pretty powerfull, but not really into what I’m searching. Might try the “Meta engineer” though removing the Flamethrower, I already had enough flamethrower on my PVP build.

Wolfineer doesn’t help me since it’s WvW mainly, and as I said I don’t play WvW and don’t plan to join in.

So which gear with condition damage would you recommend to me?

Pistol/Shield 66002 grenadier/Elixer gun Engie here. For condi damage, sinister is good if you don’t mind being glass (Engie has pretty good survivability even glassy, the shield helps too) Start mixing in Rabid/Dire as needed if you need to balance that with some defense.
For grenades to be any good at all, the 6 in explosives are mandatory, Firearms far less so, but Modified Ammunition is a huge DPS boost. Either way, you’ll have to ditch the inventions line and rework your traits to make grenades work.

(The NEW inventions line we’ll get with specializations on the other hand, should synergize very well with explosives, so if you want some kind of hybid medic-grenadier or to keep a turret trait or two, that may be a better option then; right now though, not a great combination)

As for Wolfineer, the general handbook is still a pretty good read for using Engie in ANY game mode. http://www.wolfineer.com/the-engineer-handbook/

Need help with my build

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

Just because I play mainly WvW, doesn’t mean I am utterly clueless about the other two game modes. Besides that, WvW and PvP builds are very similar. There are hardly any differences so you can even run my WvW builds and just replace the gear with the proper amulet.

For PvE, you got Metabattle with the most optimal PvE build.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

Need help with my build

in Engineer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

First off, ^ this guy is the real deal. Even if you don’t wanna wvw read through all the info he’s posted cuz you will understand the class a lot better and there is so much that is relevant to PvE

So wich gear with condition damage would you recommend to me?

Secondly, Condition in Dungeons are pretty terrible currently. It’s slow and can get overwritten or pushed back very easily. It’s even worse on large open world events where tons of people are hitting the same target. If you’re dead set on Condi you’ll have to go with Rampagers and Grenade Kit n Pistol/Pistol or Pistol Shield.

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”