Never Forget

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Turrets

dont let em fade out of existance

Make turrets great again

turrets are in an unnaceptable state

they are inferior to any ingame minion (maybe tied with guardian’s) not only that but they were completely ignored during the trait rework and then after HoT

also lets not forget the fact that the mega nerf they recieved was due to crybabies not learning to play in the first place the Only broken thing turrets had back then was condition imunity because Rabbid gear was the norm wich had no power thus rendering condi builds useless to turrets

remember when people thought 100 blades was OP because no one used stunbreak to try break from bullcharge rush ? yeah same grade as that issue

turrets right now have no sustain and even if they had sustain they offer Nothing flame turret only applies 1 stack of 2s burning even after the burning damage nerf happened in order to make burn stack and has short range

rifle turret’s damage is the only ok one

rocket turret asides for its knockdown offers nothing but again useless because it instantly dies and the worst thing it has 50 s Cooldown

thumper was a tank turret now its paper too and it is a melee range turret and also has 50 s cooldown

also why the hell do rocket and rifle turrets have 1000 range when pets like ranger’s bristleback get to have a base of 2800 armor 20k hp and 1200 range

also turrets dont scale with any stats asides for condition

so yeah healing turret is the only working turret

lets not forget turrets have no armor when stuff like necromancer minions have a minimum of 2000 armor and up to 2600 armor and can get 50% more hp from traits

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

Never Forget

in Engineer

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

They became useless. And all those anti projectile that we see now…
If Anet wants remove or reduce AI, they could least make turrets skills actived by player like a dropable kit and replace weapon skills to be controled remotely.
Ex:
Destroyer Turret…
#1: attacks the selected target with his .50 bmg.
#2: attacks the selected target with a rocket, damaging the target and nearby foes.
#3: attacks the targeted área with small rocket barrage.
#4: common skill. Overcharge granting a specific boon to nearby allyes and increasing efficiency for a short time, it’s desteiyed(but not explodes) when the recharge ends.
#5: common skill. Funcionou Spy. This allows the user to use the turret’s camera to look around the turret or select a target to attack even if the user is at distance limit (10 000).

(edited by JETWING.2759)

Never Forget

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

They have never been anything but useless or cancerous, game ruining, afk play style. Better to give some other kind of currently broken utility some viability instead.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Never Forget

in Engineer

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

I just miss when they applied conditions (rifle, rocket). Man that was great.

Never Forget

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

They have never been anything but useless or cancerous, game ruining, afk play style. Better to give some other kind of currently broken utility some viability instead.

turrets were fine in my opinion asides from the complete condition imunity

they were no more cheaper nor skillless than the current bunker druid and ele meta sure you push more buttons but all you’re doing is healing over and over while your pets or aoe kills and ironically Passives too unless your oponents are bunker too

also lets not forget the other reason the playstyle was so passive was because back then there was stuff like the Sentinel amulet wich gave engineers tons of toughness and up to 35-37k hp and again no one used stunbreaks nor stability

also not everything has to be about pvp theres also pve

Never Forget

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

The main problem is their concept wasn’t thought through.

If you want to center PvP around defending specific areas and you don’t want one class to excel at this job, because it would be “unfair” for the oher classes, why the hell are you designing skills that are SUPPOSED TO DEFEND A SPECIFIC AREA?

That is complete nonsense. Turrets just did their job and they were good at it. But Anet doesn’t want anyone to be good at this job, so they nerf turrets to uselessness.
No one can disagree, they are the weakest minion type in the entire game. They got ALL downsides (not mobile, critable, conditionable, not able to crit themselves, not able to receive boons, not able to receive healing except the tool kit) and got no upside. Their original upsides were that they were uncritable and unconditionable. That is gone and even more strange: they didn’t get anything back for that huge nerf. The health bar and armor of turrets were designed in mind they have those abilities. Logical would have been to increase these, since turrets received a ton of more damage now.

I just want Anet to think about turrets and giving them an actual UPSIDE.

(edited by Kodama.6453)

Never Forget

in Engineer

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

Make turrets great again

Have the sudden urge to build a wall… of turrets!

Never Forget

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I say: Give us something more interesting instead. Something without AI problems.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Never Forget

in Engineer

Posted by: ScorpiOverkill.7064

ScorpiOverkill.7064

I say: Give us something more interesting instead. Something without AI problems.

I was going to suggest something along the lines of a mini tank, but then I remembered the power suit and….yeah.

Never Forget

in Engineer

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

Level 1: Rifle Turret
Wack it a few times with wrench…
Level 2: Belt-fed Twin Rifle Turret
Wack it a few times with wrench…
Level 3: Belt-fed Twin Rifle + Rocket turret

Only sneaky thieves with sappers should be allowed to take it down.

“Yippekeeyah-heeyapeeah-kayoh!”

Never Forget

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

I was going to suggest something along the lines of a mini tank, but then I remembered the power suit and….yeah.

deployable charr tank care package elite

Never Forget

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

Make turrets great again

Have the sudden urge to build a wall… of turrets!

my engineers only guild used to in wvw :L