New Blade Backitem, need some pics!

in Engineer

Posted by: Encanis.4031

Encanis.4031

Hey there folks,

I’ve been thinking about giving my engi this new blade backitem thing, but well… as you can read here, there seem to be some issues (like always, thank you, hobo sacks)
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Hobo-Sacks-A-Terrible-Fashion-Statement/page/12#post3680027

So, I’d like to see some pics of engis wearing this, cant find any on my server. Especially when paired with a kit. Come on, show your pretty engineers =)
And, as was said in the topic above, is it true that the back wont show when you are ooc and wearing a shield? oO
Seriously? Cant be true, can it?

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Yes you can’t see it ooc with a shield since the shield covers your back as shown in the 3rd image.
I’ll be turning them green when we’re able to.

My graphics card sucks so sorry for low res lol

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Engineer

Posted by: Dagnaggit.5086

Dagnaggit.5086

I think this thread would have been epic if everyone just posted pics of their Hobosacks.

in Engineer

Encanis.4031

Why… oh why are they doing this? You struggle and make this backitem, and then you wont be able to see it most of the time when wearing a shield oO
Ridiculous. So if I should build this thing, rifle to go. At least that doesnt hide it.

But really… 1/3 of the weapon choices we have ? invisible backitem.
Wearing a kit (like >50% of the time) ? ugly hobo sack + clipping.
Great job, Anet.

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

It actually looks really cool clipping through a kit

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Here’s my engi sporting the Predator with the ascended backpiece. Too bad it disappears when swapping kits.

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: Renegade.6908

Renegade.6908

I agreed with KUTM. This is the first back piece I’m actually going after because of the way it looks with the kits on. Just waiting 24 hours to craft the last square for the gift of blades!!!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

I agreed with KUTM. This is the first back piece I’m actually going after because of the way it looks with the kits on. Just waiting 24 hours to craft the last square for the gift of blades!!!!!

The blue zephyr backpiece looked pretty cool with kits too, you couldn’t see the actual backpiece, just the winds swirling around it

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Engineer

Posted by: Krassix.4017

Krassix.4017

Here’s my engi. Working on getting him the ascended blades. Currently wearing exotic.

Attachments:

in Engineer

Encanis.4031

Mhm, now I that I have finished my blade back, I cant decide on the stats, kitten you march patch and crit dmg nerf >.>
They could at least tell us how exactly celestial will change

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Greets everyone!

The new back item shows through the hobo sacks!

Yup it does, it’s my first back item and the following things I’ve learned about hobo sacks, shields and the new back item:

• The back item is not visible under the shield while its ooc on the back.
  • The back item sticks ON the shield while draw the shield from the back. It then flies back to where the back item should be. Looks strange but not a big deal.
  • The back item is visible under the rifle.
  • The back item does not bug while drawing the rifle.
  • The back item is invisible if you equip a hobo sack.
  • The back item gets visible after the first skill used while carrying a hobo sack or when you get struck.
  • The back item aswell the hobo sack are visible at the same time. It still looks great with those wings to be honest, since they are so big.

With those big wings it’s ok to have hobosacks. However All other back items are just … well … I would cry if I had another one Fix it plz!

(pics follow in about 8 hours >_>)

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Tal.2709

Tal.2709

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I currently have the exotic blades and I’ve gotta say, even with the clipping they look great.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Here is mine:-)

Attachments:

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: philmosk.3420

philmosk.3420

The blades do poke through any of the kitpacks.

The backpack I’ve tended to run with is the Slickpack, especially with the Flamethrower or Elixir Gun kits, you end up with a clipped hybrid, the kit fluid tank sitting atop the lower portion of the Slickpack.

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I really don’t like these blades much. But I guess it’s the cool thing to get these days.
I also look like something out of a Bioshock. I guess it’s a small plus.

Attachments:

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.