Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Necro have Dark fields
Mesmer: Ethereal
Ele: Frost Fields
Ranger: Poison field
Guardian: Light Field

why not have a class field for engi ?

Oil Field: Enemies have a 50% chance to slip ( knock down )
Combos:

-Projectile finisher: Projectiles have a 20% chance to have 1 additional bounce
-leap finisher : Cover yourself in oil, 50% chance to evade attacks
-Blast finisher: Creates an explosion damaging nearby foes.

New Combo Field - Oil Field

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

There aren’t really class fields, we have access to all of those except Dark. Dark is also one that a Thief can carry. Not that more fields wouldn’t be cool, it’s just the rationale is off.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in Engineer

google.3709

that’s true but keep in mind that each class has a field type that they can have a much easier access to at any situation, other classes might be able to create the same field but not as often or reliably as some classes can because of the lack of source which usually come with a long CD or drawback.

for example ethereal fields, it’s an amazing field but which mostly Mesmer have access to, as an engineer we have 1 option for this field which comes on a 60sec CD as well as 1/3 of success.

Dark Field is a Necromancer field only ( with the exception of shadow refuge) and lighting fields are exclusive for Eles

(edited by google.3709)

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

I don’t think it’s necessarily intended as that class having that field intentionally, rather these class fields are put in thematically with whatever skills seem appropriate. After that they balanced things out and took a look where things were. It doesn’t really seem like it was a class thing, but then that’s an opinion argument and no one is correct in that assertion.

An Oil Field sounds cool though, at least to me. I think those Finishers might be a little too strong though.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

Necro have Dark fields

Combos:

I like your ideas for Projectile and Leap Finishers, BUT I’d rather see an AoE Burn from a Blast Finisher. This would be a fun field for sure!

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

That would be nice. I miss my tar zone on my Lore-master on LOTRO that severely increased the fire damage affects and slowed enemies within the zone.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

There aren’t really class fields, we have access to all of those except Dark. Dark is also one that a Thief can carry. Not that more fields wouldn’t be cool, it’s just the rationale is off.

Actually I believe eles have the only lightning field in the game, right?

Although I agree, it’s probably a bit much to ask for our own combo field. I’d be all right with getting in on the lightning field action though.

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

That’s true, Lightning is Ele only.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Odd considering we have so much to do with electrical abilities, machines and attacks aswell.

in Engineer

google.3709

Odd considering we have so much to do with electrical abilities, machines and attacks aswell.

that is true, we’re lacking a lot of things that could be implemented to our class like teleports ( teleportation machine ), hopefully anet is just holding them for future updates! oh… and whips for engineer’s!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Criselli.7462

Criselli.7462

Those would be pretty awesome. The leap finisher would have to be some kind of armor buff, like fire armor or chaos armor. And with 50% miss chance it would have to be a very short duration.

I do love the fact that engineers have so many blast finishers and so many field types. This one would be gravy.

And I agree a lightning field would definitely be a nice addition, but I have no idea where we would fit it in with our current stuff.

Aiyli 80 Necro, Aista & Criselli 80 Mesmers
Aîsta & Çriselli 80 engies, Zeira Blackstar 80 Grd Meloryn 80 Ran, Vexri Crisellista 80 War
Server: Kaineng

in Engineer

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Engineer should definitely get a lightning field, it would fit the class.

Maybe exploding/overcharging a turret or mechanical device.

The oil field thing is way OP though.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ejiofor.4801

Ejiofor.4801

I like your ideas for Projectile and Leap Finishers, BUT I’d rather see an AoE Burn from a Blast Finisher. This would be a fun field for sure!

This would be cool. The oil slick would need to be on the ground longer. Instead of Super Speed, get an “Ignite Oil” option

Gearstrip Jones, Engineer, Borlis Pass, [KPUP]
“Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!”
-Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China

in Engineer

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I have a feeling that engis will get the next portal ability, since anet wanted to add it to more classes.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Engineer

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

that’s true but keep in mind that each class has a field type that they can have a much easier access to at any situation, other classes might be able to create the same field but not as often or reliably as some classes can because of the lack of source which usually come with a long CD or drawback.

Engineers have easy access to some fields too, the difference is just that they don’t get any from their equipped weapons. But four out of five kits create at least one combo field, and there are eight skills total that create combo fields. Only elementalists, guardians, and necromancers have more. All in all, engineers have access to 7 out of 9 combo fields; that’s already more than any other class.

in Engineer

Posted by: Telegraph.7509

Telegraph.7509

Necro have Dark fields

Combos:

Your forgot:
-Whirl Finisher: black gold bolts: gain 1 gold: all allies hit by bolts gain 10 silver, summon an angry Kodan at the location of an enemy hit by the bolts.

in Engineer

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

We have Water field.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!