New Elite Spec weapon

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

Does anyone know if there was any leaks for the new elite spec for engi? like there was for some of the others?
I’m thinking we need a mh power weapon, to use with shield, it might be interesting to use. Like perhaps sword, or maybe mace, or something different. I mean, can you imagine running around with sword/shield on your engi, it would be so cool.

(edited by Eragon.8234)

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

None.

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

Maybe a shield off-hand! Oh, wait.

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Betting on a main-hand shield. Just a better, less-clunkier version of Ele’s Earth Shield. Or it just might be entirely clunky.

Either way, it would be right up Anet’s alley making off-hand shield more appealing via a spec that can dual-wield shields.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Mahkno.7593

Mahkno.7593

fingers crossed for shield/shield transformer engi… roll around like enchanted snowball making vroom vroom sounds

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

XD I can see Shield/Shield being extremely funny.

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

Shield mainhand would be cool but I can’t picture where it would go when you sheathe your weapons. the offhand goes on the back of your character, anywhere else would be too impractical and you can’t really stack one on top of the other.
I was thinking a torch to simulate a blowtorch and some cool welding skills, idk

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Nah, it wouldn’t sheathe. They can save time by just having the main-hand shield always equipped while the off-hand shield can go on the back.

I’m sure there would be so many responses about it cosmetically, but in the end, the novelty idea of dual-wielding shields is just a bit too good for Anet to pass up.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Nah, it wouldn’t sheathe. They can save time by just having the main-hand shield always equipped while the off-hand shield can go on the back.

I’m sure there would be so many responses about it cosmetically, but in the end, the novelty idea of dual-wielding shields is just a bit too good for Anet to pass up.

wrong. it would go on the engineer’s head, obviously.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Does anyone know if there was any leaks for the new elite spec for engi? like there was for some of the others?
I’m thinking we need a mh power weapon, to use with shield, it might be interesting to use. Like perhaps sword, or maybe mace, or something different. I mean, can you imagine running around with sword/shield on your engi, it would be so cool.

a “Consolator”

is gonna be engi’s next weapon at this rate

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Nothing.

We’ll going to get an empty hand, with 5 skills that only activate 5 emotes: /cry, /sad, /facepalm, /cower, /maniaclaughter (this one is NEW!).

The maniaclaughter will be our new elite spec mechanic, only usable after you stomp an enemy in pve.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Sazdek.6830

Sazdek.6830

To be honest I’m kinda hoping on mace (MH or OH) as a condi weapon so I can build Eureka to match HOPE.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

To be honest I’m kinda hoping on mace (MH or OH) as a condi weapon so I can build Eureka to match HOPE.

We are good with condi. Pistol offhand is already a close range/meele condi. We need one hand power weapon. And reworked shield.

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

A hybrid MH Axe. A combat engineer’s best friend is a shovel, after all.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

I will just think at the weapon that can make me more mad,let’s say…mmhmhmh…another melee crap thing like a mace?
Yeah it would make me mad,so I’m sure we will get another melee crap , like a mace.

Made legendary rifle just 2 months before HoT ,completely useless now,but the good news is that may be the thief will get the rifle,and even if it will sucks,it will never be kitteneless weapon like it is now on Engineer.

No seriusly,i hope before they make new specialization,they put some REAL effort in fixing AT LEAST the rifle,don’t mind the craptons of useless utility we have,but my gosh,they should really fix our rifle.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

Off-Hand Sword or Dagger for some poison/bleed cleave would be cool but wouldn’t go with an Engineer… just a thought.

Mace (small hammer) would be proper though.

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

I’ll bet you guys money that the reason Tool Kit got nerfed is because they’re going to sell it back to us by making an Elite spec that revolves around blocking, and Tool Kit’s block was too strong for it. You heard it here first.

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

I could see:

• Staff for a magitech / occultist theme.
  • Double scepters for a “lightning rod” theme.
  • Shortbow for a green beret theme.
  • Main-hand axe for a shock-trooper / firefighter theme.
  • Swords for a leadership theme.
  • Torch for a miner / dredge theme.

Mace should be part of the core profession anyway.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

(edited by Lonami.2987)

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: ColdHatred.7230

ColdHatred.7230

mainhand Focus!

Asuran Engineer – Ëlixir

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

You’ll stow your MH shield as a hat. Could have some april fools potential there.
But Yup, no leak info on next spec wep. Bets on Mace or shortbow.

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

You’ll stow your MH shield as a hat. Could have some april fools potential there.
But Yup, no leak info on next spec wep. Bets on Mace or shortbow.

hey, if shortbow proves anywhere near as powerful as guardian’s longbow, i’m sold.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I have a long list from a old post of mine with some concept idea for the Weapon Elite spec…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/2nd-Elite-Specialization-and-Beyond/first#post6363257

The one I find interested in the most was the

Focus Off-hand Weapon Elite Spec can be the focus of a Energy Core mechanic where it use a charge mechanic players can choose to build up for their skills to perform a much larger damage. This Elite Spec focus on introducing Energy Weapon type Kits such as Ray Gun kit, Railgun Kit, and/or Plasma Gun Kit with a addition mechanic to change Pistol weapon skills and Rifle Weapon Skills into Energy base theme skills unique to this elite spec. The More you build up charge the More powerful your skills will be but spam your skills too much will weaken the weapons damage output thus making this a Energy management type Elite Spec.

and

the Greatsword, aka two-handed sword, as the DPS Melee Condition Damage Elite Spec that focus on a Heat mechanic which increase the damage the higher the Heat generated but keep it too high too long risk causing the weapon to Overheat thus risking taking damage from Overheating your weapon. A High Risk but High Reward type of Elite Spec.

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I wanna see either a single-handed mainhand like mace. Or a bow.

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

mainhand shield

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Electric Guitar.
What? I’m sure it would really rock.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: ledernierrempart.6871

ledernierrempart.6871

why not a staff? it would be called technomage or technomancer. he would use the power of its magic crystal with the steampunk engineering to create new spells and living creation. it would be the azura way of engineering. a mix of range and melee style like the rifle.

one of the weapon spell could be a temporary invoked azura style turret that fire lots of little projectiles quickly then explode after it finish firing.

lets see:
the auto would be melee with a boon converter at the 3rd auto. (or some condi on the 3rd hit)

the 2 could be some magic light burst or thunder burst (a little 3 hit charging thing)
that blind on 1rst or 3rd hit and apply weakness and burning on each hit.(or whatever condi)

the 3 a sort of temporary surfing ability to get close or escape a target with an explosion at the end that would pull in aoe toward the engi.(the surfing leave a little electric floor that give move speed to ally and does little damage to foes + poison)(combo explosion)(maybe buff ally with 3 second of quickness upon explosion).(while moving a little aura surround the engi to do some damage with an aoe wider than the aoe he leave behind)(upon activation the surfing grant 1 sec or 2 sec of super speed to the engi and an little dodge frame at the begining)(upon explosion apply torment to foes)

the 4 the little turret spell. (that would be good and original and you could block for the time the turret is firing or use the turret to block some projectile).(good direct damage, apply some bleeding for condi users)(it can put an temporary aura to buff ally with protection or whatever boon.. egide?)(the turret will focus the ennemy you targeted when using the spell until it dies 5 seconds after or so)(its projectiles can pierce threw)

the 5 would be a 2 stats spell. upon activation you slam the staff on the ground bumping and damaging foes(either a big bump or a static bump like the ranger spike trap), granting stab to ally. you need to wait for like 1 sec or 2 sec for the second spell to charge (you can still move and do something else why waiting for it).when ready you can fire a powerfull thunder/light/beam that does aoe damage but in a line like the revenant 2 hammer but instanty after a brief charge instead of moving toward the target. good direct damage, grant ally in aoe (but not yourself this time) immune to blind for a short time and add vulnerability, confusion, torment, burning.
after the staff is charged you have 6 second to fire the beam. while charged each staff spell apply vulnerability on each hit except for the turret. it will have quickness instead to fire more quickly or all its shot will deal extra damage and extra bleed.

i guess it still need some work and maybe some changes but that seems to be epic and original.

(edited by ledernierrempart.6871)

New Elite Spec weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: ledernierrempart.6871

ledernierrempart.6871

or this could be a new kit