New Engie PvP

New Engie PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: ReSpect.7125

ReSpect.7125

Im pretty new to the engineer. Ive tried out this build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqalUUpqqVWx2KseNSeBF6Q8kSAqAI6fMwMD-TJRJAB9s/QrPAgiKDAwJAAA

Its a turret-build and ppl complaining that it s**ks. But its going pretty good for me. Is it bad? Any way to change/make it better?

Zandra Zvift lvl 80 human elementalist
Good luck and may the six watch over you

New Engie PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

So, it’s not too bad, but some of the basic things you put into a build are missing.
So when you make a build, think of this for engineer:

Is your main stat power, or condition damage?
If condition damage, run pistol + pistol, or pistol +shield.
If power, run rifle for more offensive and crowd control capability, or pistol + shield for defensive.

In your case with soldier amulet, I’d advise running rifle. You have less than 300 condi dmg which is bugger all.

Your skills are all solid, but I’d suggest running rifle over flame turrets, but this change is completely personal preference. Works well with either.

For runes, I’d seriously advise using melandru as it simply does way more to help survivability than Sanctuary runes. The stun duration + condi duration reduction is well and truly stronger than the retaliation and stability. (Assuming you want to be defensive with rune selection as you picked sanctuary runes to start with)

For sigil selection, I’d advise sigil of energy and sigil of hydromacy (as your build is bunk, you will want hydromacy to keep them chilled when on point, and within turret range)

Trait wise, fairly good, I’d suggest something slightly different, mainly slotting out the 2 points in firearms into explosives for the knockback on turret detonate.

Here’s what I’d advise: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpmqVWx2KseNCdBF6VcwXI6GOkR/pAA-TJxHwABuAAn2fYZZAAPAAA

New Engie PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: Creld.8702

Creld.8702

Quick note on twig’s post: Sigil of Energy is nearly useless as you have no weapon swap (it will proc on elixir s). On hit or always on sigils would be a better choice.

Asura Engineer- Aelara Fole

New Engie PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

Quick note on twig’s post: Sigil of Energy is nearly useless as you have no weapon swap (it will proc on elixir s). On hit or always on sigils would be a better choice.

Either you have never played an Engi, or you have not played nearly enough, because this is the first time I see someone saying Sigil of Energy is nearly useless.

On-swap sigils worked for our kits since ages ago, we are like the best class to utilize them.

New Engie PvP

in Engineer

Twigifire.8379

Either you have never played an Engi, or you have not played nearly enough, because this is the first time I see someone saying Sigil of Energy is nearly useless.

On-swap sigils worked for our kits since ages ago, we are like the best class to utilize them.

^^ They are by far best utlised by engi as Blitz said since we have pretty much zero cooldown on kits and are constantly swapping between then. This is why sigil of battle + sigil of energy + sigil of hydromacy is so good on engineer

New Engie PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

If you want to browse working engineer builds for PvP you can try metabattle, should help.

Also, turret engi does suck when you’re against a team that can rotate, but absolutely dominates lower ratings with 0 player effort. It can be effective, but there is no way you’ll learn how to play the game with a passive AI spec. I wouldn’t recommend it.

New Engie PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

^^ They are by far best utlised by engi as Blitz said since we have pretty much zero cooldown on kits and are constantly swapping between then. This is why sigil of battle + sigil of energy + sigil of hydromacy is so good on engineer

Oh god. 3 sigils? Wat?
Also neither of the builds posted here has any kits so you won’t proc any energy/battle except when self regulating defenses ( elixir s at 25%) activates.

New Engie PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: Creld.8702

Creld.8702

Thank you robertul. Sigil of energy is good on any build with a kit, but turreteers almost never have the room to run one, therefore it’s nearly useless. As for how much I’ve played engy… BWE2 long enough? I believe I can safely make statements as to what works and doesn’t in a general sense. While that doesn’t make me infallible, at least check the builds before responding to my statements.

Asura Engineer- Aelara Fole

New Engie PvP

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Pay attention more? The build has no kits so energy sigil is worthless.

New Engie PvP

in Engineer

Twigifire.8379

*I was referring to the 3 sigils as being the best to utilise.. on an engi with kits, not that you could run 3 sigils XD
BUT ALL IN ALL I DUN GOOFED.

Run sigil of force and ice probably then?

I deeply apologise Creld and robertful, and anyone else. I did not think the sigil parts through very well at all. I was just going off the sigils I always run (as normally I have at least 1 kit).