New Engineer looking for build

in Engineer

Posted by: Miko.9410

Miko.9410

I’m getting near 80lvl and I will play engineer with rifle not p/p, beacouse i want to craft The Predator (I just dont like Quip). And now I need good “rifle build”,I found a lot of p/p or p/s builds but as I said I will play with rifle. First and most importent are stats i dont know if is good to have condition dmg. at rifle too or not, and what should i focuse (power/prec/togh/vital). I WANT TO DO DAMAGE,BUT DON WANT TO BE SQUISHY.
You can also recomened utilitys,what is best with rifle and “rifle build” (flamethrower or graineds etc.).

Tnx for help and opinions. Cya in game.

in Engineer

Miko.9410

None want to help ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

I can’t help you because I’m a pure pistol player :p But you may want to say what you want to use the build for. WvW? Dungeons? Fractals?

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

in Engineer

Posted by: Varqov.6984

Varqov.6984

How do you like to play the game (PvE/WvW/PvP, or do you mix)? What skills are you using now?

For kits with power there are 3 good options: grenades, bombs, and tool kit. Flame Thrower would work, but it won’t be ideal going for power.

For rifle you are right, go with power instead of condition dmg. Always work on having a decent amount of toughness/vitality. To not be squishy you should up your toughness/vitality to a comfortable level. For extra toughness go down the inventions line; for extra vitality go down the alchemy line. Logically the best trait lines would be explosives and firearms if you are sticking with rifle and grenades/bombs. If you take bombs and want healing bombs go down inventions (where you get that extra toughness).

For elixirs, they can be very good. I like to use elixir H and S. I have played with B, and C and R can be great in the right situation. Mix them up and use them based on what type of fight you are getting into.

in Engineer

Miko.9410

I would play him in PVE/DUNGEONS. About vitality/toughnes,how much should I have of this 2 ? And tnx for answer